Cooking

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Do you cook, at least for yourself?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 11

Jack-of-all-trades

Cooking

Post by Jack-of-all-trades » 16 Dec 2006, 16:21

Well, I sometimes cook for myself when my parents were not around (and food is not on the table).

For a simple lunch, I would just cook one cup of rice (for one person), then maybe fry two eggs and a few veggies as a complement.

How about you, guys? :)
Joga Bonito is the way I play.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 16 Dec 2006, 16:22

If heating up frozen food counts... then yes I cook for myself.

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 16 Dec 2006, 17:45

All I can do is cook bacon and bake an egg :P

Jack-of-all-trades

Post by Jack-of-all-trades » 17 Dec 2006, 10:13

People...... you're welcome to submit any simple homemade recipes or culinary hints and tips :D

Starting from me, a simple yet delicious dish would be an onion cheese omelette. Just add some thinly chopped onions and garlics and a few slices of cheese onto into the egg and you'll have it.

Another simple one would be cheese bacon sandwich. Just prepare two slices of bread, one with bacon on top. Then, cover bacon with a few slices of cheese.
Spread margarine or butter on the other bread. After that, just toast them to perfection. Bacon can be substituted with other ingredients (sardines, tuna, ......)

As for the tip, the next time you want to chop a tomato, and you can't bear letting the delicate juice squirting out with every cut , just cut it along the lined sides. That'll save the maximum amount of juice.

Keep on with the posts! :)

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 17 Dec 2006, 13:31

I would really like to learn but I just don't have the time, because I see cooking as leisure, rather than a neccessity.
It's a shame because when I go to Uni, and am going to be living by myself, I know that all I will be eating is ready meals.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 17 Dec 2006, 14:41

Sometimes I cook up some pasta with a little butter, stir fry some carrots, scallions, and sage, and mix it together with lemon juice on top. It's delicious. :wink:

I can make a pretty good ham and cheese omelet, but thats about it for me. Other than that it's ramen noodles and hot pockets, lol.
Click it

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 17 Dec 2006, 19:47

yeh i like to think im a good cook, i cant cook something completely new but if im given a recipe i could make it work qutie well

Jack-of-all-trades

Post by Jack-of-all-trades » 21 Dec 2006, 14:30

To me, cooking skills is quite a necessity these days, especially you're living by yourself. Even if they married, one cannot fully expect his wife to prepare every meal at the right time, given that many women nowadays also go out to earn a living. Sometimes if the wife is not around, the husband has to prepare food for himself or even for the hungry kids. My family is one. Packed or ready meals may be quite convenient (that's if you got a lot of cash to spare), but there's nothing better than home sweet homemade dishes, isn't it? :)

DarkDemon

Post by DarkDemon » 22 Dec 2006, 04:01

OMG DONT GET ME STARTED ON COOKING MAN .
Lol i looooove cooking, my mom hates it though when i cook cuz i always make stuff she hates like really exotic foot like steak with lobster ansd stuff like that omg....... imma go cook right now lol (cookies) for christmas

Jack-of-all-trades

Post by Jack-of-all-trades » 22 Dec 2006, 05:34

DarkDemon wrote: OMG DONT GET ME STARTED ON COOKING MAN .
Lol i looooove cooking, my mom hates it though when i cook cuz i always make stuff she hates like really exotic foot like steak with lobster ansd stuff like that omg....... imma go cook right now lol (cookies) for christmas
Don't worry buddy. Just tell your mom that it's just a matter of creative and innovative cooking , breaking all the rules, combining a number of unlikely ingredients into one new exotic cuisine. By the way does it taste good? :)

Jack-of-all-trades

Post by Jack-of-all-trades » 22 Dec 2006, 05:46

Anyway, I wonder what do you Westerners have for Christmas dinner. Is it as same as in the movies, you know, huge roasted turkey, mash potatoes, salad....?
In my country, local Christians don't used to have the same ritual. Sometimes they'll celebrate Christmas with friends or relatives with ways such as throwing a mini Christmas party in their house or hanging out in the mall until midnight for the ultimate highlight - Countdown to Christmas. Sometimes local churches done the same too.

By the way, I wish you all merry Christmas and a happy new year! :D