aussie rules/compromise rules

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
ROIUSA
Veteran Member

does anybody watch aussie rules?i used to watch the highlights shows on fridays, and sometimes theyd show game son FSC. but this year they havnt and i think theyre at about playoff time or whatever. and do any of yas watch the compromise rules games?
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

ratherton
Veteran Member

Just watched the Grand Final live. Perth Eagles beat Sydney Swans by one point. Two of the lads I work with are from Perth so they came round to watch. They are happy, I'm tired and going back to bed as it started at 6:30am

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

ya, im pissed, they used to show those games, now nothing. last year it was live, though at like 3 am. i absolutly love aussie rules, its right up there with gaelic football, and football

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

mewantgood
Sophomore Member

I watch aussie rules, but I live in Australia...

ratherton
Veteran Member

ROIUSA wrote:ya, im pissed, they used to show those games, now nothing. last year it was live, though at like 3 am. i absolutly love aussie rules, its right up there with gaelic football, and football
It was a really good game, the Eagles were up around 25 points at half time. The Swans were awful with some of their kicking scoring 1 point instead of 6 when it was easier to score 6 - 3 times in the first quarter !!

3rd quarter, the Swans hauled themselves back in it. In the end, it could have gone either way but the Eagles held out to win by 1 point.

One thing I noticed was on the coverage with about 5 minutes to go, they switch the time being shown to elapsed time, instead of game time so you had no idea when it was going to end.

And 2 of the Eagles players managed to swear in the live TV interviews :lol:

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

just had to put this on here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_--AC_rhRCY

fil10

my gym class was to play aussie rules now. im so good at it and its so fun! i dont really watch it though. but its so fun to play
"The time you spent not practising, someone out there's becoming better than you"

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

did anybody watch the first test today?