Computer Addiction?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Adamek
New User

Hey Im new to this forum. Im from Chicago, Im almost 14, and Im a big soccer fan. Now my question is this. I seem to have a bit of a computer addiction. What I mean is that the first thing I do when I get home I have to get on the computer and check out what's going on in the soccer world. Then, I usually like to play Football Manager. It's weird cause at the same time I have a feeling that I would just love to go outside and play soccer. I usually go later anyways but then I can only play for like an hour because then it gets dark. And also, there isn't anyone I know in my neighborhood that I know who I can play with so when I practice it's usually alone. My parents also don't want to sign me up to any soccer team because they wouldn't have time to drive me to the practices or games. Next year however, I plan to sign up for the high school team. Anyway, is there anyway that I could get over my computer addiction? Thanks in Advance
Last edited by Adamek on 28 Sep 2006, 23:41, edited 2 times in total.

Messifan19
New User

Just think this....Every moment spent on the computer is a moment you can be getting better
Play Beautiful.

pandafest
New User

depends on what you love to do more,
stay on the computer and wonder around the internet
or play soccer and look to accomplish a dream

XstaticX
Veteran Member

http://news.com.com/5208-1040-0.html?fo ... &start=-82

read that article. I wrote it. Computer addiction is serious.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

My parents also don't want to sign me up to any soccer team because they wouldn't have time to drive me to the practices or games. Next year however, I plan to sign up for the high school team. Anyway, is there anyway that I could get over my computer addiction? Thanks in Advance
Are there any buses that go to that area, or do you have any friends who can give you a lift?

Bestofthebest

lol, I thought it was just me, those FM games are addictive
Join this Forum: http://footyclips.com/forum

ZZizou
Veteran Member

I quit playing fm and fifa games because I felt I was wasting my time and I could train instead.

Viduka
Veteran Member

OMG I think im also addicted to the computer!

Icy
Veteran Member

ZZizou you don't need to give up game entirely, you just cannot miss a planned practice due to playing games. Infact if games get your mind off of real world problems it can actually be good for you. Your body uses rest to become better, not the actual practice so you need stuff to do in the "rest" time.

I just took a week off of condition (still practiced with the ball) because of knee pain and when I went for my run today I was much faster and lasted much longer than I had before the week off (for a distance run, haven't done sprints yet). Rest is the most important thing in becoming better, don't neglect it and spend it having fun, which means even playing games.

Also just because you do more than someone else doesn't mean you'll be better than them. If I run 5 miles at a 10mph pace and you run 3 at a much faster pace I gaurentee you would be overall more fit than me. Quality > Quantity
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Yeah computer games's harmful...Especially football manager...It's worse then drugs...tbh, I've like bought and thrown around 5,6 winning eleven and football manager cds..and yet I'm still battling it...really hate myself :evil: :x

Wiseman_philosopher

If you know that you need to cut down computer time, but just can't seem to do it then you're almost there.

I decided to restrict myself during exams and the best way to do so I found was downloading "PC Lock up Pro":

http://www.aquariussoft.com/pc-lock-up/ ... pplication

Using this I could lock the computer for hours without being able to restore it, and it really helped. You can do it for just half an hour if you wish.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

deano7

Wanderer wrote:Yeah computer games's harmful...Especially football manager...It's worse then drugs...tbh, I've like bought and thrown around 5,6 winning eleven and football manager cds..and yet I'm still battling it...really hate myself :evil: :x
im on football manager 2007 lol
Never Criticise your own ability.

ZZizou
Veteran Member

Yeah your right but I uwed to play too long so I quit because I don't like to play it anymore the only thing I do is PES a few games sometimes.
Icy wrote:ZZizou you don't need to give up game entirely, you just cannot miss a planned practice due to playing games. Infact if games get your mind off of real world problems it can actually be good for you. Your body uses rest to become better, not the actual practice so you need stuff to do in the "rest" time.

I just took a week off of condition (still practiced with the ball) because of knee pain and when I went for my run today I was much faster and lasted much longer than I had before the week off (for a distance run, haven't done sprints yet). Rest is the most important thing in becoming better, don't neglect it and spend it having fun, which means even playing games.

Also just because you do more than someone else doesn't mean you'll be better than them. If I run 5 miles at a 10mph pace and you run 3 at a much faster pace I gaurentee you would be overall more fit than me. Quality > Quantity

Norm

God, all I used to do was forums, Halo 2 and Fifa, but all I needed was a vacation with out a comp or xbox and when i got home I just stopped using them a lot. yeah? so just get away from it all and then go back and see if you still feel like you need it.

17CR7
Sophomore Member

now on vacation i use much more times the computer because everyone is out and i don't have anyone to spend time together it sucks :(