Canadians

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
thrillboy
Veteran Member

What's with Canadians saying eh?Do they really say eh or is that just in movies and shows?What's with that eh? :lol: (Im not Canadian)
Procrastination is like masterbation, it feels good at first, but in the end youre just f'ing yourself. :lol:

medved

Lol, we say it all the time, mostly when we are talking with someone and we want the person to gree with us. Ex.
that was fun eh

this is boring eh

im cool eh.

We do not randomly say it at the end of every sentence like you see in the movies no.

thrillboy
Veteran Member

But why do you say it?
Procrastination is like masterbation, it feels good at first, but in the end youre just f'ing yourself. :lol:

~Dynamic_Dinamo~

the real question is why dont YOU say it??? 8)

Shenker
Veteran Member

thats just how canadians roll :roll:
[]D [] []v[] []D
-----------------

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

~Dynamic_Dinamo~ wrote:the real question is why dont YOU say it??? 8)

Haha, true enough. I say "eh" quite often. Why do Americans think we live in igloos? Haha, no offence, I love Americans.

angie
New User

thrillboy wrote:What's with Canadians saying eh?Do they really say eh or is that just in movies and shows?What's with that eh? :lol: (Im not Canadian)
Like someone said, we say it to see if someone agrees with us.
But I know of Americans that say EH, too.

On the subject of Canadian stereotypes, I've personally never ever encountered someone who says 'aboot'. Haha...never...

I'm Canadian by the way.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Yes, honestly, I went down to Cali and I told a couple people i live in igloos, had sled dogs, and it's warm at -30 celcius in the summer. And they believed me!!! They went a full day asking me questions about my polar bears, seals and hunting. The next day I had to break them the truth, it was hilarious!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ben23

hahahaha

Hugh
Veteran Member

Ya we use "eh" at the end of questions kinda like "huh?" or "hey" I think it's probably an abbreviated "hey"

so for example:
Man those slopes were awesome huh?
becomes
Man those slopes were awesome eh?

It doesn't make sense but it's a cool word and it works well enough.

mufc21
Veteran Member

ok ben stop doing that its really getting annoying. By the way, whats with Us talking like this:

UMMMMMMMMMM, well yeah ummmmmmmmmmmmm, i went to ummmmmmmmmmmm the shop ummmm yeah thats it.

LOL. I think thats kinda ummmmmmmmmm ye ummmmmmmm weird. LOL EH

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

I agree, constantly saying "umm" makes you look stupid. I don't understand it at all... I do understand that if somebody is thinking about something as you are talking to them that them may pause and say, "Ummm, I think he lives in Toronto", but when people say "umm" when they are simply talking it is annoying.

~Dynamic_Dinamo~

What about when people are like yeah, and like the night before, like I went to the movies, and it was like such a good movie.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Yep, overuse of "like" is pretty like stupid. And like, it is in the same category as "umm" in my opinion.

Does anyone remember a Volkswagon commercial where the guy said "like" all the time?