Lebanon/Israel crisis.

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
A-man147

My friend went to visit Lebanon and he said its really bad down there. Everything is getting bombed he said, even a little bridge 3 meters long crossing over a small lake. The good thing is that Israel agreed to suspend airstrikes in its first significant concession, but the U.S. is still not calling for an immediate cease-fire.

What are your thoughts on it?
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

thrillboy
Veteran Member

Why did Israel go into Lebanon anyway? Just becasue 2 soldiers were kidnapped? Tons of countries have soldiers kidnapped but they don't do an all out invasion for it. Were they majors, generals? There is probably another reason why Israel went into Lebanon.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Its because they are trying to fight hebzolla and the terrorists. Anyways I dont think they should kill so many citizens just to fight against terrorism cuz then they are doing the same things as the terrorists. I wont go too deep into this cuz i hate discussing politics on forums. However Israel should cease fire cuz I've got some freinds there. Luckily I got to talk to one of my best freinds who got evacutated by the canadian gov.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

i really feel that israel are as much terrorists as hezbollah or a lot of other groups. people complainn about such countries as syria and iran trying to gain niclear capabilities, while israel already has hundreds of nuclear war heads
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

interista

someone has to stop isarael. they should stop bombing lebanon. they got frigging nukes. if they use them it could be deadly. nukes should banned. they kill way to many people at a time.
Thanks jthursto for the sig

ratherton
Veteran Member

thrillboy wrote:Why did Israel go into Lebanon anyway? Just becasue 2 soldiers were kidnapped? Tons of countries have soldiers kidnapped but they don't do an all out invasion for it. Were they majors, generals? There is probably another reason why Israel went into Lebanon.
Hezbollah were firing missiles into the Israeli town of Haifa

A-man147

Israel Pushes On Despite Agreeing to Airstrike Lull
By CRAIG S. SMITH and STEVEN ERLANGER
Israel’s defense minister told Parliament that the army “will expand and deepen its operations against Hezbollah.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/01/world ... ref=slogin
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

DouDou

[/quote]

Hezbollah were firing missiles into the Israeli town of Haifa[/quote]

Not true mate, they fired missile into Haifa, after they destroyed Beirut International airport

ratherton
Veteran Member

They didn't trash the airport on the initial raid after the Israeli soldiers were kidnapped by Hezbolah. This site has the time line and links to the news stories

http://www.mapreport.com/countries/hezbollah.html

thrillboy
Veteran Member

Where is the U.S in the crisis? Is the Bush administration "the peacekeeper" in the world?

~Dynamic_Dinamo~

Considering FIFA has more member nations than the UN maybe the disput should be settled through a football game. 8)

ronalldinyo
New User

i have a friend who was an exchange student from over in lebanon. i have no idea how he is. but, theres a huge difference between israel having nukes and iran. the nukes in iran are in the hands of terrorists who want to
get rid of all the jews!

G-Unit-Freestyler

Screw war, whether it kills 1 man or a million. I live in Qatar at the moment, and Im sure in a year or 2, it will be attacked by Iran as an American HQ are set in Qatar and apparently the Iranians are pissed at the Qatari because of the support towards Americans. I expect the war in Libanon and Israel will end in the next year, and after Bush has stopped playing world police in that region he'll go back to Iran telling them to disable the uranium enrichment and then Bush attacks Iran, and Iran attacks Qatar and every1 dies so yeh

conclusion: war sucks.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

thrillboy wrote:Where is the U.S in the crisis? Is the Bush administration "the peacekeeper" in the world?
Bush has no advantage to gain from this so he will stall for as long as he can. Pretty sad but thats the way it is with these politicians. His country makes a lot of money off israel and have good relations with them so he didnt want to sacrifice that just to save 100s or 1000s of lives.