Loose Change

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
A-man147

Loose Change

Post by A-man147 » 28 Jul 2006, 06:57

I dont know if any of you seen it, its pretty popular, its a documentry on the 911 bombings and how they show that the US was behind the whole thing, at first I didnt believe it but he brings up really good points and it makes me think about it, I dont know if I believe it but it has got me thinking. If you havent seen it I highly suggest you do, you can watch it on Google video, if you have what are your thoughts on it?
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

J
Admin

Post by J » 28 Jul 2006, 18:46

I've seen it. There are some good points in it, but if the government did do it, then why would they need to fly planes into the building? They could have just planted bombs. Why go through that whole mess??

To be honest it really doesn't mater because even if it was all set up, we are never going to know and nothing wil ever be done about it. It's all over with.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 28 Jul 2006, 19:58

That Documentary made me extremely angry, so many of the questions they ask i have answers for. And i can't find the link right now, but someone took their time to answer all the questions those kids asked with cold hard facts. That documentary has so many flaws, because half of their information is wrong, such as info about the plane. My dad works on planes and said the facts they had were wrong, and that they just said that because people are obviously going to take their word for it and not check that up. And all those interviews where they say, "It looked like a bomb went off". Well notice they said it LOOKED like, they were just describing similar characteristics, and even so, they are just by-standers, i think any explosion looks like a bomb going off.

Anyways, enough of me, but i think this is extremely disrespectful for the people on the planes that were fearing for their life to call it all a scheme.
flight 93 (?) was a great movie that captured the emotion, and the phone calls to families were no joking matter.
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 28 Jul 2006, 20:35

flight 93 (?) was a great movie that captured the emotion,
yeah ive watched that movie and they showed both sides of the story. the terrorists being scared and the people calling home. I liked it over all but if you're not in the mood for that movie dont watch it cuz it can be boring as hell.

Regarding 9/11 I dont think the government was behind it but I think that they used it as an advantage to increase the security level and wage this "war on terrorism." I dont think bush made this whole scheme cuz he isnt smart enough. Somebody else is behind it.

By the way did anybody hear Al-Zakrawi's wife claiming that her husband's murder was a set up? She says that Osama Bin Laden set him up and let people kill him. Mysteriously a couple of weeks later the CIA unit in charge of hunting Bin Laden was dismantled.

BenAMsoccer

Post by BenAMsoccer » 28 Jul 2006, 23:14

Personally, I wish I had never watched that video. I feel like I was brainwashed. Their "facts" were convincing, but after reading this http://www.popularmechanics.com/science ... page=6&c=y I've been pretty much straightend out.

[/b]

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 29 Jul 2006, 16:39

I've watched the first 50 minutes of the "Loose Change" film , so far theres been some convincing stuff , kinda makes you wonder. But I don't get it , why are they suggesting that the government set it all up? What I mean is , what would the government have gained from setting it up?

The bit about the buildings collapsing in 10 seconds was kinda strange , but like BenAMsoccer said you do feel brainwashed by it. And the pentagon bit about the FBI confiscating all the videotapes that local hotels and garage stations had , minutes after it happened. Both seem strange.

The link that BenAMsoccer gave answers a lot of the questions , but how do we know who to believe!!!??

Interesting stuff though.
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

BenAMsoccer

Post by BenAMsoccer » 29 Jul 2006, 17:07

Apparently the people behind all these claims are big conspiracy people, who have come up with a bunch of other stories for other catastrophic events.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 29 Jul 2006, 17:18

I think if you look hard enough into any incident, you can find a conspiracy theory. The governments can't go around confirming and denying every single theory for security reasons. Thats why they usually don't even discuss the most pathetic of theories. The internet, email and other modern communications allow rumours and theories to be circulated with ease.

They have files and papers on incidents and depending on the importance, these papers eventually get released to the public. They may be kept for 25, 50, 100 years etc. This may be different in the US

It's really hard to tell why some papers don't get released. Here is one example;

During the early years of World War II, there was an incident on the East coast of England and a place called Shingle Street. A number of charred bodies were found on the beach. The government papers still haven't been released and it's more than 65 years since the incident.

My father was in the British Army and station in the UK at the time. He told me they were put on trucks and sent over to the East on standby. The next day they stood down. There is a lot of discussion as to whether the bodies were of British soldiers killed by accident or German soldiers killed as part of a failed invasion.

There is no conspiracy around this story, it just seems strange to me why the government have chosen not to release the papers when most of the people involved are either very old or dead.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

thrillboy
Veteran Member

Post by thrillboy » 30 Jul 2006, 18:26

Ya, it's just a bunch of bogus. The only thing the U.S gained was the reason to attack Al-Queda and go into afganistan.

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 30 Jul 2006, 18:34

and to convince everyone his war on terror is not just to gain oil. To scare all the Americans about terrorists.
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 31 Jul 2006, 07:49

BenAMsoccer wrote:Personally, I wish I had never watched that video. I feel like I was brainwashed. Their "facts" were convincing, but after reading this http://www.popularmechanics.com/science ... page=6&c=y I've been pretty much straightend out.

[/b]
Ah, yes that's the link.
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 31 Jul 2006, 21:57

alright, i can pretty much debunk that whole movie in one paragraph.

let's say that the government did do it, just for the sake of argument. it took 4-5 years for these guys to figure out that it wasn't really terrorists, but our own government. my first question is "why?" my second question is this: if the big evil government could orchestrate this huge staged attack, why couldn't they find the people who were making the movie and stop them before it was released? i mean they had no problem killing 3000+ of their own people (and taxpayers, which REALLY doesn't make sense :lol: ), why not bump off a few college kids who were about to expose them? seriously, how dumb do you have to be to believe this?
Hala Galacticos

J
Admin

Post by J » 31 Jul 2006, 22:11

cfrealmadrid wrote: my first question is "why?"
Well if you watch the whole video, they do give give several reasons why our government would do it. I'm not saying I believe this video is correct, I'm just saying the kid does cover all the questions people would ask (again I'm not sayin I think his answers are correct).

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 02 Aug 2006, 05:53

some people say that the makers of the film werent saying the truth about the metal metling and so on, but I would assume that with a film this popualr that someone would have researched it and if they were bending the truth we would all know. Im not saying I believe in the film but its jsut what I think.
Image KEvinR9

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 02 Aug 2006, 08:10

J wrote:
cfrealmadrid wrote: my first question is "why?"
Well if you watch the whole video, they do give give several reasons why our government would do it. I'm not saying I believe this video is correct, I'm just saying the kid does cover all the questions people would ask (again I'm not sayin I think his answers are correct).
I think he means why did it take 5 years to blame the government
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva