Racism

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
thierryhenry14

Racism

Post by thierryhenry14 » 18 Jul 2006, 02:53

in recent years racism has become a very large part of soccer. All over the world people are displaying racial comments and slurs on banners at futbol matches. What I don't understand is most professional players are black, and have amazing skill. Players like Pele, Henry, Ronaldinho, Davids, Drogba, Viera, etc. I think if you took all the black players out of professional futbol what would you have? nothing? i don't understand why the racism doesn't stop, and why people don't realize this
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

Sometimes in football you just have to score goals -Thierry Henry-

J
Admin

Post by J » 18 Jul 2006, 03:33

It's just brainwashing. "Racism" is past down from generation to generation.

When you break it all down, the reason it occurs is because some people need to feel superior in some way. It makes them feel more 'powerful' in a way.

The truth is that the first humans came out of Africa (scientifically
proven many times) and those people should start to understand that and put their ego aside, and start to learn where they came from and where man kind started.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 18 Jul 2006, 14:13

Props J. I was thinking about what to say when I post but you put the perfect words out there. I would like to add that sometimes there is racism not only white/black but black/black. Cuz I met some african americans who dont like africans even though thats the motherland.

There are alot of types of racism. latino/white, latino/black, black/ white. arab/white, arab/black .etc.

So much racism that the world is in a sad state. However it is better in the states now than it was in the 60s. I dont know about Europe but apparently the black football players are used to it and they just try to stay professional and stay focused on the game, and tackle racism in campaigns later on. But some Ivory Coast player was so affected by the racism in an italian stadium that he started crying and tried to stop the game. Adriano and Martins convinced him to keep on playing. Personally I dont know how FIFA and clubs are going to do to try to stop this racism. I personally think that there will always be racism even if people dont show it.

englishplayer

Post by englishplayer » 18 Jul 2006, 14:23

I think one of the reasons for the banners and shouts is too try to hurt some of the best players, they want Henry and Pele and them to get angry at the racists and play worse. It's a horrible thing but like El Maestro said there isn't whole lot FIFA can do about it, there will always be racism.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 18 Jul 2006, 16:11

englishplayer wrote:I think one of the reasons for the banners and shouts is too try to hurt some of the best players, they want Henry and Pele and them to get angry at the racists and play worse. It's a horrible thing but like El Maestro said there isn't whole lot FIFA can do about it, there will always be racism.
You may never stop racism but you can go a long way to getting out of football. If FIFA can stop England fans taking in flags that are too big, they can certainly get clubs to prevent banners with racist slogans from being displayed.

It's just a matter of how serious they are about the subject and from what I've seen, tackling racism is way down their list of priorities

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

thierryhenry14

Post by thierryhenry14 » 24 Jul 2006, 19:20

thanks for your comments guys. I have a better understaning of racism
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Re: Racism

Post by *yung-ital* » 26 Jul 2006, 05:47

thierryhenry14 wrote:in recent years racism has become a very large part of soccer. All over the world people are displaying racial comments and slurs on banners at futbol matches. What I don't understand is most professional players are black, and have amazing skill. Players like Pele, Henry, Ronaldinho, Davids, Drogba, Viera, etc. I think if you took all the black players out of professional futbol what would you have? nothing? i don't understand why the racism doesn't stop, and why people don't realize this
I am completely against racism and I am all for the stand up, speak up movement. However, this in it self isn't fair to "players of non-african descent". There are many great players that were black, but because people are racist, that should not take away the skill of europeans or others. Cristiano Ronaldo,Gerrard,Del Piero,Cannavaro,Figo,Beckham,Klose,Ballack, and so on and so forth would still be in the game so that logic is flawed. But carry on, racism should be banned.
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 26 Jul 2006, 07:36

This is irrelevant, but yaay he's back. Where you've been *yung-ital*?

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 26 Jul 2006, 08:53

ha ha nice to hear from you expert. I left because i thought EF was starting to lose that "edge" it had before, there were more and more sh*t topics and football really was the last thing being talked about properly. I started noticing lately that is has been really well organized, and even better than when it was at it's prime so i decided to come back.
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

king geedorah
New User

Post by king geedorah » 28 Jul 2006, 06:47

i've had my fair share of racism on the field myself. the 'give me the ball nigger' or the 'stay on the ground where you belong' and of course being spit on just scratches the surface of the racism i've endured

--i live in the southern part of the united states, a small city in louisiana that is practically in mississippi. enough said i presume.

i, being 'black latino' (am honduran), do find it hard to cope with such comments. the only answer is to put the ball in the net. nigger i may be, i just beat you 8)

big props to thierry henry for standing up, and for all the players that helped the stand up speak up movement. i'm still yet to get my hands on a wrist band..i would love one of those.

render unto Geedorah what is Geedorah's

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 29 Jul 2006, 00:22

Yeah i have heard that you told me on msn. Me and Kevin.
What if you don't score though? Dosen't it hurt knowing there isn't much you can do about it? I am surprised you aren't bitter.
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

thierryhenry14

Post by thierryhenry14 » 29 Jul 2006, 00:32

If i was in that situation, I would do something about it. I would train my a$$ off to gain the respect that I deserve. To be treated equal. To play football free of discrimmination
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

king geedorah
New User

Post by king geedorah » 29 Jul 2006, 06:33

indeed...the training does seem to steam from what i've heard

i know i'm an equal as a player/person..most know that..but the ignorant few that dont are a pain to play with/against.

yeah..even teamates joke about hangning me with a noose at practice. its a shame really.

and if idon't happen to score...then i just swallow it and move on..no point in being bitter or retaliating..though once i was close to knocking ones teeth out. if my parents werent in the stands, he'd be speaking through a wire like kanye west.

render unto Geedorah what is Geedorah's

thrillboy
Veteran Member

Post by thrillboy » 23 Aug 2006, 01:01

This one kid called me nigger so the next day i waited for him and i beat him. It wasn't a very good action but he stopped saying it.How come usually only blacks face racism?[/u][/i]
Procrastination is like masterbation, it feels good at first, but in the end youre just f'ing yourself. :lol:

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 23 Aug 2006, 01:07

thrillboy wrote:How come usually only blacks face racism?
I would assume because blacks were slaves and people discriminated against them saying how they were superior and slaves were just property. I guess it just evolved and continued over the years, its quite a shame.