Gay Marriage

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Should gay marriage be allowed?

Yes
25%
No
49%
Dont care
25%

Total votes: 75

interista

Gay Marriage

Post by interista »

hey what do you guys think about gay marriage? it be allowed? or not? dont care? please give your reasons.

ps in the poll i meant to write allowed not aloud
Last edited by interista on 10 Apr 2006, 12:26, edited 3 times in total.
interista

Post by interista »

i think it should be allowed, i mean if two people love each other they should be able to get married. i know you guys will respond to this "well no god doesnt want it", well there's not written in the bible that gay marriage is wrong. who knows if god really exists. anyway, there's nothing wrong with gay marriage, if you dont like that let the gays get married and worry about yourself! if YOU dont like then YOU dont be gay let the others though(if they want to).
peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 »

I donr rely care since this doesnt concern me so i would never stand in their way, however I voted: no because I do think its wrong, its not how humans were meant to be and yes I the bible it says that being gay is gona doom u to hell (im not sure where) and Im Catholic so I doubt God likes to see that. However in the end Im not rasist to gay peope, I have nothing against them and I wouldnt stop them.
J
Admin

Post by J »

I could care less if gay people get married because all marriage really is, is a piece of paper. Apparently they will be together anyway without the piece of paper. So whats the difference...

I do think they have a very serious mental dis-order though that I will never really understand.
Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Post by Mr.SoccerMojo »

I voted don't care.

Look it's really really hard to find that one person who makes you feel complete and happy so if you can find that person than more power to you.

Even if that person happens to be the same sex as you.

Now guys who like sheep that's a whole other story :roll: :)
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry
Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher »

I voted NO. I am a Christian and I am sure you know that we started with one man and one woman. Clearly that was the way we were intended to be. Gays are messed up. The worst thing about certain gays is that some go around flaunting their sexuality like everyone should know, and they act overly-camp. I cannot stand them.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.
interista

Post by interista »

I voted NO. I am a Christian and I am sure you know that we started with one man and one woman. Clearly that was the way we were intended to be. Gays are messed up. The worst thing about certain gays is that some go around flaunting their sexuality like everyone should know, and they act overly-camp. I cannot stand them.
how are you so sure it started a man and a woman, science says it start with microorganisms in the water and we can prove that , the bible cant be proved. why are gays messed up? if two people love each other they should be able to be married.
all you said in you're post is that you dont like gays and why, but didn't say why you dont want gay marriage, they are two really different things
Wiseman_philosopher

interista wrote:how are you so sure it started a man and a woman, science says it start with microorganisms in the water and we can prove that , the bible cant be proved. why are gays messed up? if two people love each other they should be able to be married.
all you said in you're post is that you dont like gays and why, but didn't say why you dont want gay marriage, they are two really different things
Because there are many things in the bible which can be proved such as comet sightings etc which match your "factual records". I believe that God created Earth and created men and women to love each other. For his people to be homosexual is clearly a malfunction in the design, along with war and other things. That is why it is incredibly wrong to have gay bishops and the like.
People must understand that marriage is a big thing, and it would appear that certain users such as J do not view it this way. It is a very important declaration in your life.
On a basic level, marriage is an confirmation of people's love. So to declare the love between people of the same sex is wrong in my opinion because it is the confirmation of a disformity in creation.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.
peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 »

Internista r u gay? That's a seriosu question.
Anyways Nothing against normal gays but there is this one kid thats gona go to my highschool he wears girl pants ties his shirt so its tights walks around like a fag and talks with a high pitch voice. NOw thats wrong.
Wiseman_philosopher

peps1154 wrote:Internista r u gay? That's a seriosu question.
I was starting to think this as well.
expert
Site Admin

Post by expert »

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:Because there are many things in the bible which can be proved such as comet sightings etc which match your "factual records".
Not everything in the bible should be interpreted literally, like for example that the world began around 4000 BC.
Wiseman_philosopher wrote:I believe that God created Earth and created men and women to love each other.
Women were created to serve man, if I am not mistaken. :)
Wiseman_philosopher wrote:For his people to be homosexual is clearly a malfunction in the design, along with war and other things.
No. Since God is perfect, christianity says that all bad things are the result of our misuse of free will.
Wiseman_philosopher wrote:On a basic level, marriage is an confirmation of people's love. So to declare the love between people of the same sex is wrong in my opinion because it is the confirmation of a disformity in creation.
Historically, marriage was never about love, or at least 99% of the time.
Wiseman_philosopher wrote:
peps1154 wrote:Internista r u gay? That's a seriosu question.
I was starting to think this as well.
Lol, why does every argument have to turn personal?
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

peps and wiseman he isnt gay just because he argues on their side.

my personal view is that there is no need for marriage if you love each other. the only real benifits are (if you are religious) it is generally advised that you marry and start a family in most religions, to show commitment, and financial and legal benifits eg next of kin.
If gays love each other and they are not likely to do it for the religious purpose, but why stop them getting the legal and commitment stuffs? if you lot are right the are damned anyway, so i dont know whats wrong with them wanting to show commitment and getting legal/finincail benifits.

if they are damned by their own free will and you cant let them see the light, just leave them to be (let them marry if they want) dont e hostile (forbiding them marriage).
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`
Wiseman_philosopher

Leviticus 18:22 (KJV): "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind it is abomination."

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

"There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel" (Deuteronomy 23:17)

"In Romans 1:18-32 the apostle Paul condemns the practice in the severest terms. Homosexuality is "unclean," "impure," "dishonoring to the body," "vile," "degrading / disgraceful," "contrary to nature," "unseemly/ obscene," "improper activity of a depraved mind," "unrighteous," "wicked," etc. Of particular importance to the apostle in this passage is the fact that homosexuality is "unnatural"--contrary to nature. In other words, nature itself teaches that the practice is wrong; we all know it intuitively. Homosexuality is, then, a particularly rebellious sin." (http://www.biblicalstudies.com/bstudy/c ... mpbia1.htm)

Clearly homosexuality is not natural according to The Bible. In spite of J's stupid comment (imo), marriage is much more than a piece of paper. It was very shallow of him to say that. It is a declaration of a relationship, and unity amongst other things.
Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Post by Mr.SoccerMojo »

It is true that God does not approve of "Homosexuality" but is it not true that God tells us to love the sinner but hate the sin ?

And are we not taught that when the end of times comes that God and only God can judge the good from the bad ?
And that he is the only one that can/should judge anyone.

We are also taught "Do to others as you would have them do to you" so the Bible is really saying the sin maybe wrong but don't hate the person for it. And you are supposed to try to lead them to the right way but if they don't listen/belive than stop hounding them about it because that just pisses people off.
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

very good post mojo-jojo

i think religions teachings often conflict with itself, and sometimes are very hypocritical. it is not definative, and really with all these different sayings it is open to interpretation which ultimately leads to all this prejudice, and even wars.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`