Gay Marriage

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Should gay marriage be allowed?

Yes
25%
No
49%
Dont care
25%

Total votes: 75

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 »

Damn Mattsta! Wwhen are you going to get it through your head! Gays are just like that! They dont just decide one day that they want to be gay and then just get turned on by men. It just doesnt work like that. Even if they did chose, whats wrong with that? After all, you did say this is a free country, therefore everyone is entitled to their own free will. You say that you believe that the "big bang" theory did occur, yet later u totally contradict yourself by saying that "My point is god probably did create the universe." It just doesnt make sense mate. Throughout this whole topic you have been contradicting yourself over and over again. Why dont you want gays to marry? I still dont understand. Most of us still think that you dont like them because they are different. If you do believe in the big bang theory, then why are you so against gays disobeying gods teachings? Homosexuality is a sin in my eyes, but if people are happy to engage in it, then so be it. Its a free world, in the western world anyway.
And in your post u said: "Maybe gays dont want to get married."
I couldnt believe that wen i saw it! Of course they do! Thats wot the whole global debate is about! If you think they dont want to get married, then why are you arguing and debating? Again u are contradicting yourself.
Think about what you say Mattsta, you are seriously embaressing yourself.
Gay marriage isnt going to set a bad example for children. If anything, it will set a good one, if they can learn to accept homosexuality. That would be great. I really hope one day you learn to accept it Mattsta. Just for your sake.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
Mattsta

Post by Mattsta »

gunnerz23 wrote:Damn Mattsta! Wwhen are you going to get it through your head! Gays are just like that! They dont just decide one day that they want to be gay and then just get turned on by men. It just doesnt work like that. Even if they did chose, whats wrong with that? After all, you did say this is a free country, therefore everyone is entitled to their own free will. You say that you believe that the "big bang" theory did occur, yet later u totally contradict yourself by saying that "My point is god probably did create the universe." It just doesnt make sense mate. Throughout this whole topic you have been contradicting yourself over and over again. Why dont you want gays to marry? I still dont understand. Most of us still think that you dont like them because they are different. If you do believe in the big bang theory, then why are you so against gays disobeying gods teachings? Homosexuality is a sin in my eyes, but if people are happy to engage in it, then so be it. Its a free world, in the western world anyway.
And in your post u said: "Maybe gays dont want to get married."
I couldnt believe that wen i saw it! Of course they do! Thats wot the whole global debate is about! If you think they dont want to get married, then why are you arguing and debating? Again u are contradicting yourself.
Think about what you say Mattsta, you are seriously embaressing yourself.
Gay marriage isnt going to set a bad example for children. If anything, it will set a good one, if they can learn to accept homosexuality. That would be great. I really hope one day you learn to accept it Mattsta. Just for your sake.
hahahahaha that made me laugh gunnerz, u obviously don't know what the hell the big bang theory is about u (insult goes here)! The one I believe is that god made the big bang to create the universe u idiot! I'm not contradicting myself! Think about it before u just say something without thinking!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You idiot god I just ripped u then sorry to say ur a nice person and all but yeah I guess we just don't agree on this issue/topic that has been raised.
yeah it's a free country so I am entitled to have my opinion and my opinion is that gays are not allowed to get ~~~~~~!!!married!!!~~~~~~~

When I mentioned about the whole "some gays might not wanna get married thing" I meant they might not wanna get married so what is this whole thing about, no one knows what the gays actually think so u cannot judge what they want to/don't want to do. That was my point there.

OMG gunnerz u moron ffs! I have not said I don't accept homosexuality I have said that I don't accept homo sexual marriage! Please use ur eyes and read my posts carefully, geez. I ain't embarassing myself in the slightest, I'm just stating my damn point!

What so u want children to think homosexuality is okay do you? Well that's not good at all especially for christian/catholic families; the parent's would be absolutely disgusted! Sorry but I hate to say it and hope it doesn't offend anyone cos it's not intended to but gays are actually spreading AIDS and other STI's between gay communities because (I won't mention the reason it's disgusting and totally inappropriate and I don't even want to think about it).

I have come to terms with it ;) Well in the beginning this was still my view on it anyway:

I accept gays in to society and they should be treated fairly and like other humans except they should just not be allowed to marry. It's not unfair it's just the way it currently is and it should stay like that. That's it, u can't convince me to say otherwise.

We can all have our own opinion's on this topic and I think we have all expressed them so to save this page going on for ages and ages we should maybe just stop all this and accept everyone's opinion's and get on with making the forum a better place for everyone! After all, it's football we're all here for, right?[/u]
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|
gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 »

Mattsta, the big bang theory is a scientific theory as to how the earth was created. And if you believe that god created the universe then u are religious you idiot. Gays do want to get married, they said themselves, thats why this is such a debatable subject and its always on the news. Trust me, gays want to get married just like heterosexuals. You are against them if you dont want them to marry. If you dont want them to marry it means you dont want to give them full rights like heterosexuals have. So dont yell at me if u have it all wrong. Trust me, catholics respect gays, they just dont like the idea of being gay, and they would want their children to accept it. What i mean is that children should accept that homosexuals are decent people aswell and that it is ok if you are gay. Bloody hell Mattsta.
I think you are silly to think gays shouldnt marry. I just dont understand you and yes u are embarresing yourself. Nobody is on your side for crying out loud!

Mattsta said: After all, it's football we're all here for, right?

And this is the off topic forum u idiot! This part isnt meant for football!
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
Mattsta

Post by Mattsta »

Mattsta, the big bang theory is a scientific theory as to how the earth was created. And if you believe that god created the universe then u are religious you idiot. Gays do want to get married, they said themselves, thats why this is such a debatable subject and its always on the news. Trust me, gays want to get married just like heterosexuals. You are against them if you dont want them to marry. If you dont want them to marry it means you dont want to give them full rights like heterosexuals have. So dont yell at me if u have it all wrong. Trust me, catholics respect gays, they just dont like the idea of being gay, and they would want their children to accept it. What i mean is that children should accept that homosexuals are decent people aswell and that it is ok if you are gay. Bloody hell Mattsta.
I think you are silly to think gays shouldnt marry. I just dont understand you and yes u are embarresing yourself. Nobody is on your side for crying out loud!

Just cos I believe god created the big bang to create the earth doesn't mean I'm religious moron. As I said I am not christian/catholic but I respect that god is probably there but I jsut don't go to church/worship him or anything like that.

Catholics accept gays in every other way except for marriage, because ffs it's against god, and I'll say that whether I'm the bloody most religious man in the world (which I'm not just an example) or if I'm not religious (like I am).

Remember we're still winning the debate (the poll is 49% for against gay marriage and u guys supporting it are on a measely 19%, last time I checked anyways).

I do accept gays are decent people because they are but they're just different to us norms, but marriage is meant for the norms and gays can just live how they have for ages, together with their partner but just not get married!

gunnerz23 said:

My answer to that: You absolute idiot! U stupid moron. I meant the site as a whole, as in we shouldn't spend the time arguing about this when we can be practising football and helping each other to improve eachother's game of football.

I can't stand when people be like that, I know u knew what I meant by that, so just admit it.

I'm fine, I'm not embarassed at all, I'm just stating my opinion just like everyone else here...
Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh »

Alright Mattsta since you seem to be afraid of replying to my posts for some reason I'll make this one short and sweet so you won't have to tire yourself out by reading it; in fact I'm just going to re-state one of my points.

All the civilized countries and developed nations in the world have accepted homosexuality so why shouldn't they be allowed to marry? Given that most intelligent people accept that homosexuals have as much rights as anyone else, it's plainly evident that homosexuals deserve the right of marriage; it's not a privelidge Mattsta, it's a right, given that even when blacks were used as slaves i.e. non-persons they were still allowed to be married. That means that the discrimination now against gays is worse than what we did to blacks during the days of the KKK, racial segregation and slavery. And yes I will bloody well compare gay bashers to the KKK any time I want thank you very much so don't even begin to argue that point.

http://people-press.org/reports/images/197-26.gif
there, most civilized countries accept homosexuals so consider my point, and reply to it instead of ignoring it because you know it makes your argument that people don't like gays look asinine.
ballasyder

Post by ballasyder »

I believe homosexuals should be accpeted and loved but if we really loved them we would do what is best for them. Homosexuality is self destructive and their average lifespan is a lot short than straight people. Love is not about letting people do what they want or do what they feel good about. If someone was an alcoholic would you think it would be loving for a someone to tell them their lifestyle is ok and not dangerous. I would hope not! So many people think that if someone doesn't agree with homosexuality they hate gay people. That is not the case, even though some people do hate gays, those are the ones who are immature and ignorrant. And lets not start bashing eachother in this thread. Lets keep it rational.
Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh »

Speaking of keeping it rational I find it incredibly hard to believe that gay people don't live as long as normal people, so I'd like to see some proof of that.
ballasyder

Post by ballasyder »

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh »

These articles prove that gay sex lowers their life span, not actually being gay which is not surprising since males are more likely to spread AIDS than females so with two males having sex that's double the chance of infection and not only that the human anus, as I'm sure you know, is a very very dirty place so you're bound to get all sorts of viruses from (to use the coarse term) unprotected buttsex.

However, you may find that this life expectancy decrease has, itself, decreased as we have now discovered and developed treatments and medications for AIDS/HIV but all this is academic because this is a thread on gay marriage not gay sex. And no, marriage doesn't neccesarily mean sex, obviously there are more people having sex who are not married than those who are and I'd venture that rings true with gays as well.
Last edited by Hugh on 30 Jan 2007, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
ben23

Post by ben23 »

did you just say that people who are not married have less sex?
Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life »

ballasyder wrote:I believe homosexuals should be accpeted and loved but if we really loved them we would do what is best for them. Homosexuality is self destructive and their average lifespan is a lot short than straight people. Love is not about letting people do what they want or do what they feel good about. If someone was an alcoholic would you think it would be loving for a someone to tell them their lifestyle is ok and not dangerous. I would hope not! So many people think that if someone doesn't agree with homosexuality they hate gay people. That is not the case, even though some people do hate gays, those are the ones who are immature and ignorrant. And lets not start bashing eachother in this thread. Lets keep it rational.
It's the actual sex itself that brings down the life span, not the marrige. If they are prepared to take the risk, it's not our business to stop them. It's not like they can't stop at any time they want like it is with some cigarettes, drugs, etc. Besides, what is the point of making their life span longer if we make their whole life hell while doing it?
Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh »

Ahh I see where you went wrong there, that's actually a very good example of why grammar is important whenever and wherever you are writing; I've edited that now and it reads "and no, marriage doesn't neccesarily..." as opposed to "and no marriage doesn't neccesarily..." thanks for pointing that out.
Mattsta

Post by Mattsta »

Alright Mattsta since you seem to be afraid of replying to my posts for some reason I'll make this one short and sweet so you won't have to tire yourself out by reading it; in fact I'm just going to re-state one of my points.

All the civilized countries and developed nations in the world have accepted homosexuality so why shouldn't they be allowed to marry? Given that most intelligent people accept that homosexuals have as much rights as anyone else, it's plainly evident that homosexuals deserve the right of marriage; it's not a privelidge Mattsta, it's a right, given that even when blacks were used as slaves i.e. non-persons they were still allowed to be married. That means that the discrimination now against gays is worse than what we did to blacks during the days of the KKK, racial segregation and slavery. And yes I will bloody well compare gay bashers to the KKK any time I want thank you very much so don't even begin to argue that point.

there, most civilized countries accept homosexuals so consider my point, and reply to it instead of ignoring it because you know it makes your argument that people don't like gays look asinine.
Hhahaha lol I 'm not afraid of doing so or I wouldn't have done so now...think about it...I just can't be bothered to read all this crap that I don't agree with but anyway, I'll try to do so from now on for ur sake(s).
there, most civilized countries accept homosexuals so consider my point, and reply to it instead of ignoring it because you know it makes your argument that people don't like gays look asinine
Lol that says the percentages of people from countries accept homosexuality not actually gay marriage. I will assure u I would be one one to vote "I accept homosexuality in to society" but just not the marriage part, it's a whole nother matter. The days of blacks in slavery was far worse than this and no where near comparable. Gays are given every other right except marriage so they are doing fine in this planet we call earth.
I believe homosexuals should be accpeted and loved but if we really loved them we would do what is best for them. Homosexuality is self destructive and their average lifespan is a lot short than straight people. Love is not about letting people do what they want or do what they feel good about. If someone was an alcoholic would you think it would be loving for a someone to tell them their lifestyle is ok and not dangerous. I would hope not! So many people think that if someone doesn't agree with homosexuality they hate gay people. That is not the case, even though some people do hate gays, those are the ones who are immature and ignorrant. And lets not start bashing eachother in this thread. Lets keep it rational.
Yeah I agree with this dude and thanks dude for voting against "no gay marriage shouldn't be accepted". Gays are spreading diseases such as HIV (the terminal stage of it of course known as AIDS) and this is not good.

Sure they may do this regardless of whether they are married or not but if they do allow gay marriage it may cause them to spread it even more and that's the last thing we want isn't it. Not allowing gay marriage is not discriminating it's just the way the world sees this issue, it's like giving a very intoxicated man more and more alcohol, it won't do anything good .

In my point: "Allowing gay marriage is like putting a drunken man in charge of a bar"

Also, allowing gays to marry might make them adopt a child, raise them and then because the child is exposed to that kind of environment (i.e. parents being gay) that could lead to them thinking being gay is okay and becoming gay. They might then start the cycle all over again and this would be terrible in my opinion.
Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh »

In my point: "Allowing gay marriage is like putting a drunken man in charge of a bar"

Also, allowing gays to marry might make them adopt a child, raise them and then because the child is exposed to that kind of environment (i.e. parents being gay) that could lead to them thinking being gay is okay and becoming gay. They might then start the cycle all over again and this would be terrible in my opinion.
How the hell is allowing gay marriage anything like the drunken man owning a bar? Drunken man gets in charge of a bar, drinks all the alchahol and no one ends up going there cos they're not going to be served; are you suggesting that if gays are allowed to marry they'll, what, start discouraging themselves to do so? If gays are allowed to marry they'll be quiet after that, they're not suddenly going to on a huge string of protests for stupid reasons they'll be happy they can get married and then they'll go off and get married. Big surprise.

And no they won't spread HIV/AIDS more, they'll spread it among gays which will ultimately open their eyes to contraceptives to prevent the diseases they're getting; the reason it won't spread is because gays who are married are less likely to spread it with other gays apart from their spouse. And the diseases won't even affect the kids because gays can't have kids so they'll be unable to spread it to their children because the doctor would definitely test the parents for HIV before he would even consider allowing the couple a test tube baby.

Finially, we've already shown that homosexuality can be caused by the order of birth rather than the upbringing, and hey if gays raise their kids and their kids end up thinking homosexuality is ok then what? If they're straight then they'll just accept homosexuals as a part of life and never consider a relationship with one; and if they're gay, well, they'd be gay in any case, the only thing different is that these kids won't be embarassed by it like the kid you mentioned earlier.

And if by any chance you're worried that gay marriage will spread worldwide homosexuality how is that even possible? Gay marriages and unions thus far have produced less babies than normal marriages, hence there's less chance of gays suddenly taking over; and given the rate that the normal marriages are producing kids at the moment the homosexual community will never, ever catch up. So why not let them be married? It's certainly not going to harm the world in any way and if the Christian church is worried about the sanctity of its "holy union" it's already been compromised; there have been cases of sexual assaults against boys by male priests who I assume have performed a marital ceremony. Wouldn't any wedding presided over by a gay priest be slightly gay even if it's just from the preacher marrying the couple?

Therefore since the Christian church has de-sanctified itself (in my eyes at least) it can hardly claim the high moral ground that weddings should be between man and wife, because I'll stake anything you care to mention that god dissaproves of pedophilia, especially homosexual pedophilia performed by his own priests.
ballasyder

Post by ballasyder »

Don't judge christianity by a few priest, well actually a lot of priest. My reason is because the acts of some don't disqualify the whole. Priests are catholic and catholicism is, in a way, different from christianity. but for the sake of this conversation lets generalize and say catholics are christians. If any christian were to do that, that would be a sign of not being a christian. Christ said you are known by your fruits and you can spot a wolf in sheeps clothing when their acts don't match christ. so true christians would never commit acts such as those priests did. Please don't accuse christianity or say the church has de-sanctified itself becausethe people that do those things are actually not apart of the church. True christians that obey christ cannot take part of those immoral acts and if they do they are denying christ instead of obeying him. But Hugh, youre right in a way. I like what gandhi said, he said he doesn't like christianity because christians are so ulike christ. I tottally agree with that statement. So it is our job as followers of christ to mirror his life.