Gay Marriage

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Post Reply

Should gay marriage be allowed?

Yes
19
25%
No
37
49%
Dont care
19
25%
 
Total votes: 75

ben23
Senior Member
Posts: 117
Joined: 25 Jan 2007, 02:31

Post by ben23 »

before i even get the "do you think they choose to be gay?" then i'll just answer
no they probably don't, i think it's most likely a cultural thing. and maybe a democracy thing i.e. greeks, romans, and now modern.
gunnerz23
Veteran Member
Posts: 432
Joined: 26 Sep 2006, 11:20
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by gunnerz23 »

Mattsta wrote:
Gays are born gay, Mattsta. That article that you read either wasn't true, or you misread it. I hope that you understand how attraction to other poeple works. The pituitary glad releases hormones into the blood stream that attract you to the opposite sex, in order for reproduction. This is how everything is supposed to work. I understand that. However, if there is a dysfunction in the hormones the pituitary glad releases, or dysfunctional DNA, that attraction may be affected. We shouldn't discrimintate against gays! It's NOT their choice by any means. What about brain dysfuncationa or dieases? Are you tryning to make life harder for those people? What are you going to do next? Make it illegal for people with OCD to perform rituals? Slap children who have ADHD because they couldn't pay attention? It's nearly the same thing! They can't help it.

You said Hugh has a problem with discrimintation against obese people. But you are doing the same thing with gays, Mattsta. You see, you only dislike them because they are different from you. They had a problem occur in their body, and you decide to make it illegal for them to marry, because of something that they cannot control.
Sure, maybe they are born like that but also, maybe they aren't. Dude I know how attraction works I don't need u telling me how no offence. Well okay, gays may have something wrong with them but is it really putting them at a major disadvantage if they aren't allowed to get married? They could just be close friends?

Why would I make fun of people with serious brain dysfunctions/diseases like people who are disabled physically and mentally? These people live every day tough and hell, sometimes they can't even dress themselves because they are that badly affected. These people are the one's whoi have something to worry about, gays should think themselves lucky that they can live a happy life with the person they love with all the priveleges of a normal person except getting married.

Maybe what I'm saying is the government could make up a law where gays are given a ceremony to be close friends but not as marriage ceremony. Something different, jsut for gays.
Slap children who have ADHD because they couldn't pay attention? It's nearly the same thing! They can't help it.
Here in australia (probably many other countries too) many people believe that ADHD is not a brain dysfunction, its the naughty spoilt brat kid dysfunction. They destroy stuff, wreak havoc on property, are a learning hinderence for others in their class and many other things, what is the answer for the so called "ADHD"?-

A kick up the pants is the answer, bring back the kane just like in the olden days, these kids need discipline and not medicine, hell the medicine probably doesn't even work. And then the parents claim benefits because of this so called "ADHD" from the government who uses our good tax payer's money, what an absolute JOKE!


No I don't not like them because they;re different from me. It is because they didn't follow the man marries a women rule. Sure maybe they can't help it, but they must realise that marriage is for two people of opposite sexes, not the same sex. But can they control it? Who knows? U don't know only a gay person would truly know if they can control it. If they can't, then they can be really close friends with some1.
*Gasp* Maybe God didn't create the world? Above I gave you a simplified version of the science behind the matter, it makes more sense then saying that people choose to be gay. The science is also proven.
Or is it? No one really knows about these supposed dysfunctions except gay people. Maybe they did choose to be, who knows. Science isn't always right and alot of the time laws of science can be altered and broken because of other laws that exist too.
You're acting like you're one step before a terrorist or a nazi. Mattsta, both of those groups thought to themselves "these people are different, so lets kill them". You're thinking to yourself "these people are different. Let's make life hard for them by keeping them from marrying."
This made me laugh. Lol there is a major difference between the two, believing that gays should not be allowed to get married but instead be close friends like I believe, and wanting to kill gays like the terrorists/nazi's did. Major difference lol(s).

That is going to happen whether or not you make gay marrige legal/illegal. Being gay itself will probably never be illegal
.

That is quite a good point you brought up but still there is a way to argue against what ur saying there and I feel the need to do so :d. If that happens and a guy is not married to another guy but just close friends then maybe the girl could at least become friends with them and not feel pressured or feel that she is interfering with their marriage. She would not feel threatened if they were not married, whereas she would if they were.
When are you going to stop speaking for religious poeple and start speaking for yourself? Your whole argument is based off of religion, when you aren't even religious yourself! 51% of poeple in the US think that homosexulaity should be accepted in soceity. Are you saying that all of those 51% aren't religous? In fact, you said yourself:

Oh ok u want me to speak for myself them huh? Sure thing. Gays should not be allowed to be granted the privelege of marriage but instead should jsut be allowed to be really close friends or have some ceremony different to marriage. The reason for this is it will give young kids the wrong idea of the world and they may think that being gay is okay and grow up and turn gay or something.

This is the last thing parents want to have to worry about, and they will blame society and the government for this and it will start a neverending battle between the two sides of humanity (one side against gay marriage, one side for it).
The americans. They are the most less energy efficient country in the world and are turning everything in to waste. Okay so 51% of humans in the Us think homosexuality should be excepted in to society? No offence, but that's america. As someone put it in another topic the most ignorant and self-mindcountry in the world. There are alot more people in the world than just the people inhabiting america.
Please tell me how these percentages worked out.

Actually, spare your fingers, because I know why. Or, I can atleast account for some of those people (that I know). According to religion: The reason why God doesn't let humans know of His existance is beacuse he wants to give you the freedom to decide whether or not you want to believe in Him. Now, Mattsta, you can believe in Him (making yourself religious), but not believe in everything He says. I know many Christians who belive in God, but don't believe the World was made is 6 days, or don't believe that God created Adam and Eve, etc. My whole point: God gave us free will for a reason. So we could make our own choices and decisions.

Then humans made laws to protect ourselves from others. However, who is a law against gay marrige protecting? No one.

Back to your whole relgious argument that being gay isn't abiding by relgion, well, why are we forcing them to a religion? What if someone told you YOU had to become religous? What does this bring us back to? Nazis? Mattsta, I agree wiht you that they aren't abiding by religion, but God gave us free will to make choices, and a truly religous person understand this. My parents are religous, and they are against being gay. They see it as a sin, like many others in the world. However, they also understand that it is a law make to prohibit, not protect. They are against being gay, but they understand that disallowing gay marrige won't keep people from being gay, it will just keep them from marrying. In The Bible, it's being gay itself that is a sin, not the marrige. You're not keeping anyone from sinning if you make gay marrige illegal. So, your whole "disobeying religion" argument is gone.

No it's far from gone in fact. If god did give us free will to do as we please then us people who are against gay marriage can have our opinion about it and hopefully win. In the bible it does mention god is against gay marriages and u can see for urself below. I will mark it with asterixes (*).
1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

(1) God defines homosexual offenders as among “the WICKED.”

• Ephesians 5:11, KJV And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

• The Christian’s duty is to reprove, not to ignore, that which God calls wicked.

(2) God lists “homosexual offenders” among those who HE determines will “not inherit the kingdom of God.”

• No “TOLERANCE” there. No bowing at the altar of “DIVERSITY” there.

• No endorsement from heaven of homosexual churches there.

********No platitudes about the LOVE of God embracing all lifestyles and behaviors, including gay marriages.
As seen from that quote nothing in the bible mentions that god embraces gay marriages and will accept them in to society. YOU can see that gay marriage is a sin!
The concept of homosexuality? To be in a relationship with one who you love and are attracted to. What's good about that? Being with someone who you love and like to spend time with. Someone who makes you happy, and feel special. You shouldn't keep one away from the sex they are physically attracted to.

If you are saying that there is nothing good with homosexuality, then why can't I say there is nothing good with being straight? The same concept applies to both. You want to be in a relationship with the one that you love. And, if you are saying that there is nothing good about that, then I feel sorry for you.
Yeah ur right u shouldn't keep some1 away form the sex their physically attracted too because they chose that path in life/were born liek that. But they should just not be allowed to get married. Full stop. A different kind of ceremony should take place that is different for gay's. But u see being straight is the normal thing so why would there be something wrong with that? That's a bit of a strange thing to say. The same concept doesn't really apply to both if u think about it. A man marrying a woman is traditional and always normal, a man marrying a man would change the world not for the better, but for the worse I have to say.

Yes, it is a weak argument. Saying "I don't like you. You're different. I'm gonna make a law so that you can't get married." Thats pretty low, yet, that's what you're doing.
Maybe they should make a different ceremony for gays that isn't amrriage but where they say "I now pronounce u husband and husband" and it's called the best friends ceremony?

Well my point stands strong, bye for now.
Mattsta, you re one really weird and arrogant guy. What the hell is the point of a "best friends" cermony? Why cant gays just get married? You still havent given a legit reason as to why they shouldnt be able to marry. Marriage shouldnt be a privelege for them, it should be a right. Nobody has a clue as to why ur against gay marriage,(including yourself) and you keep bringing religion into it, even though ur not religious yourself. It is really silly and pointless.
You say that being "straight" is normal, but how do you know that? There is an increasing amount of homosexuals in the world, and to them, the concept of being straight might seem a bit weird. You are too self centered Mattsta. You dont realise that gays have feelings and they are just like your, besides their sexual preference.
Really, whether gays are born that way or not, it doesnt really make a difference. The point is they are gay, they are happy that way and theres nothing anybody can do to change that. You just need to learn to respect people a bit more.
Put yourself in their shoes. Think: "Why cant i get married just because i am gay?" Its a bit unfair isnt it? If you had a decent heart, by now you'd feel a bit sorry for them. If everyone respected homosexuals, the world will be a happy place and gays would be proud of being gay. Its people like you who stop that from happening...
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
Image
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6202
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by rzadzinski »

Best Friends ceremony, no offence, but seriously.

A best friend is some one who is a friend, not some one your in love with.

And I'm religous, so I don't believe in gay marriage, but a lot of people aren't. I don't have a problem with gay's really, they're not harming me. I may not agree with what they are, but I can't change that, it's their personal choice.
They could just be close friends?
That's like you going to someone you are about to marry and tell them lets be friends. Someone you love with all your heart, and you say best friends. You don't deeply love friends, you love them in a different way, so saying best friends, is well, best friends, no more, no less. I have a best friend who's a guy, I'm not gay! So calling people in love best friends would not work my friend.
A kick up the pants is the answer, bring back the kane just like in the olden days, these kids need discipline and not medicine, hell the medicine probably doesn't even work. And then the parents claim benefits because of this so called "ADHD" from the government who uses our good tax payer's money, what an absolute JOKE!
And just so you know, ADHD is real. People have ADHD in this world, trust
me. Have you ever tried the medication, no, so you can't say it doesn't work. What if that kid suddenly stopped taking his meds and went even more psycho, yeah trust me, this happens. I don't know someone with ADHD, but someone very close to me is mentally ill, and has to take meds, and when he doesn't he's just not right. So wake up call buddy, stop calling others ignorant when you don't know what things do or how they effect people.
No I don't not like them because they;re different from me.


Not your strongest argument. I could say I hate black people (I don't, just an example) because they are different from me. No difference from racism. If gay's can't help being gay, they don't choose to be. Like we don't choose the colour of our skin, it's just there.

I don't feel like replying to all this, but that's what I have for now.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin
ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post by ajc »

ben23 wrote:if it was genetics, then it would end on every generation, think about it.
Not necessarily. If this hormone dysfunction was caused by recessive alleles. Two completely heterosexual adults could have a genetically homosexual child together if they both were carriers of the recessive allele that causes this hormone dysfunction. When their DNA combined the two alleles causing it could pair together and then the child would have the trait of this hormone deficiency that had been carried by the parents since they were born. Despite not having any effect on the parents themselves, these genes could cause the hormone dysfunction in the offspring.


Because this is caused by recessive alles then if the parents did have the correct genes to cause this then the chances of them pairing together and causing the dysfunction still are slim. Depending on the gene structure the chances of it happening could be 1/4, 1/16, or even less, hence homosexuals being by far the minority in the world.

There's your genetics lesson for the day.

Oh yea, by the way this is post #700 for me. :lol:
ben23
Senior Member
Posts: 117
Joined: 25 Jan 2007, 02:31

Post by ben23 »

again, it's possible. i didn't rule it out. i just think that it being a cultural thing is highly more likely. there are so many factors to consider though that it's difficult to really know
Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post by Hugh »

Actually, Ben, I've already proved that homosexuality can be caused by genetics and I've cited the article (I believe it's on page 8 or 9 or something like that) however you probably won't check (and I don't blame you) so here it is again:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... xnews.html

Mattsta, you can't classify all kids with ADHD as having "spoilt whiney kids syndrome" or whatever it was that you said because it is a proven mental disorder and caning the kids won't solve anything. Besides the fact what the hell do you know about the cane? You're 17! Your grand parents have more valid opinions on the cane so ask them what they thought about it before you start re-instating it; most of the world moved away from corporal punishment because we recognized it as being cruel and unusual and therefore unsuitable because it might promote violence in the future.

Also, Mattsta, the fact that Americans are wasteful doesn't mean they don't have valid opinions on the subject of gay marriage, and I'm willing to bet that Australia being a pretty liberal country would agree that gay marriage is completely fine. Do you want to know the reason humanity has managed to achieve so much since our beginnings? By accepting that though others differ from ourselves in physical form or in mental wellbeing they are still human beings and deserve all the rights and respect that we accord to ourselves.

And now your bible quotes, which as a matter of fact are irrelevant to gay marriage, all they say is that gays shall not inherit the kingdom of god; i.e. they shall not go to heaven. Well big deal! That doesn't say anything about them not getting married and at the risk of stepping over the line, some of the comments you've made about gays are liable to deny yourself the inheritance you spoke about so self-righteously. And before you say it I'm not too concerned about my inheritance of the kingdom of god so I'm not going to be bothered when you reply with "Ya well perhaps u wont get in 2 heaven either didyou think of taht?"

Also I'm a bit unsure as to what you mean by "the most self-mindcountry in the world" and yes we're aware that there are a lot more people in the world than just those in America, why don't you read my post earlier in which I included a link to this:
http://people-press.org/reports/images/197-26.gif
and why don't you tell me what the common denominator of those countries which accept gay marriage is? It's that those countries are first world nations, nations that have advanced and learned to accept those who are different from ourselves.


And as you pointed out "No platitudes about the love of god embracing all lifestyles and behaviours, including gay marriages" well for a god who is supposed to be all loving and encompassing he sure is one discriminatory deity. And why the hell should gays not be accorded the "priviledge of marriage" and instead given the same best friends status as pre-teenage girls give themselves while in fits of giggles? If I were a gay man and I wanted to be married to the person I loved I sure as hell wouldn't settle for "I now pronounce you: Best Friends Forever... like omg."

So consider if you will that most of the civilized world has accepted gays and approves of gay marriage, at the risk of stepping over the line again, I don't suppose that this means you're not civilized? I suppose it was a bit mean of me to compare you to nazis and terrorists so I'll retract that statement; but mate, you are about one step away from being a gay basher, unless... you already are?

(if general census doesn't approve I'll edit that last bit out)
ben23
Senior Member
Posts: 117
Joined: 25 Jan 2007, 02:31

Post by ben23 »

[quote="Hugh"]Actually, Ben, I've already proved that homosexuality can be caused by genetics and I've cited the article (I believe it's on page 8 or 9 or something like that) however you probably won't check (and I don't blame you) so here it is again:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... xnews.html

dude this article is mostly theoretical, if your going to prove something show some actual statistics.

there are other reasons why this wouldnt work, but it's not worth it to me to go into graphic detail about it. no one is going to change there opinion about anything anyway.
Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post by Hugh »

Just because an article doesn't have numbers in it doesn't mean it's theory, and I'm not going to be buggered to run around the internet looking for a percentage.
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman
Posts: 2801
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 19:39
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post by iwannagopro »

ajc wrote:
ben23 wrote:if it was genetics, then it would end on every generation, think about it.
Not necessarily. If this hormone dysfunction was caused by recessive alleles. Two completely heterosexual adults could have a genetically homosexual child together if they both were carriers of the recessive allele that causes this hormone dysfunction. When their DNA combined the two alleles causing it could pair together and then the
child would have the trait of this hormone deficiency that had been carried by the parents since they were born. Despite not having any effect on the parents themselves, these genes could cause the hormone dysfunction in the offspring.


Because this is caused by recessive alles then if the parents did have the correct genes to cause this then the chances of them pairing together and causing the dysfunction still are slim. Depending on the gene structure the chances of it happening could be 1/4, 1/16, or even less, hence homosexuals being by far the minority in the world.

There's your genetics lesson for the day.

Oh yea, by the way this is post #700 for me. :lol:
haha ajc, I was just studying this in class, so I understand it. But actually this is not true, it has nothing to do with heterozygous traits and recessive traits popping up. There is no gay gene, otherwise people would have found it in the Human Genome Project, where they mapped every gene in the body, so this would be impossible.

Actually I just read an article that gave me a feeling of why gay people are gay. It said that studies were done, and that when the baby boy was in the womb, it was exposed to higher amounts of estrogen (the female hormone) than normal. This causes the baby to act more feminine than normal, hence the reason why gays tend to act more like girls, and think like them.

As for baby girls in the womb, they are exposed to more testosterone, and therefore act more like a boy than normal. This would make sense as it is a disfunction with the mother, and it would make sense with the thing where there is a 33% chance more of the next kid being gay, because there is more and more of a chance that the female/male hormones get screwed up in the womb. So just ponder that, it seems to make sense. What are your guys views on it?
ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post by ajc »

Oh okay, I see. Well I was just trying to think of a situation where genetics could possibly explain it despite the lack of reproduction between homosexuals, but I guess my point is erroneous now. But if you took the time to read it don't think of it as a waste of time! At least you got a nice little genetics lesson. :wink:
Mattsta
Senior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: 17 Sep 2006, 08:39
Location: Australia

Post by Mattsta »

Mattsta, you re one really weird and arrogant guy. What the hell is the point of a "best friends" cermony? Why cant gays just get married? You still havent given a legit reason as to why they shouldnt be able to marry. Marriage shouldnt be a privelege for them, it should be a right. Nobody has a clue as to why ur against gay marriage,(including yourself) and you keep bringing religion into it, even though ur not religious yourself. It is really silly and pointless.
You say that being "straight" is normal, but how do you know that? There is an increasing amount of homosexuals in the world, and to them, the concept of being straight might seem a bit weird. You are too self centered Mattsta. You dont realise that gays have feelings and they are just like your, besides their sexual preference.
Really, whether gays are born that way or not, it doesnt really make a difference. The point is they are gay, they are happy that way and theres nothing anybody can do to change that. You just need to learn to respect people a bit more.
Put yourself in their shoes. Think: "Why cant i get married just because i am gay?" Its a bit unfair isnt it? If you had a decent heart, by now you'd feel a bit sorry for them. If everyone respected homosexuals, the world will be a happy place and gays would be proud of being gay. Its people like you who stop that from happening...
Well they can't get married because it's just not right. I am not saying they can't live together and lead a happy life but marriage is a privilege for a man and a woman not a man and a man sorry to say.

How weird saying I don't know why I'm against gay marriage when I know why I am. I am against gay marriage basically because it's really a contradiction in terms as this guy puts it:
They are wrong because “gay marriage” is a contradiction in terms. As with consensual adult incest and polyamory, considerations of commitment and fidelity factor only after certain structural prerequisites are met.

The vision of marriage found in the Jewish and Christian Scriptures is one of reuniting male and female into an integrated sexual whole. Marriage is not just about more intimacy and sharing one’s life with another in a lifelong partnership. It is about sexual merger—or, in Scripture’s understanding, re-merger—of essential maleness and femaleness.


keywords- Jewsih and christians, meaning not only christians are against it but also jews so that adds up to a whole more people who are against gay marriage and I'm sure there are tonnes more than that in the world, actually I know there are.

I know they have feelings and they are allowed everything besides marriage, and also have u ever thought gays might not want to get married at all? Ask urself that question, all of u 'for' gay marriage.
Really, whether gays are born that way or not, it doesnt really make a difference. The point is they are gay, they are happy that way and theres nothing anybody can do to change that. You just need to learn to respect people a bit more.
Well as ben23 put it they aren't born like that (thanks ben). Here ben has a perfect explanation of why they couldn't have been born like that:
if it was genetics, then it would end on every generation, think about it.
So if these people choose to be gay then it's their own fault they can't get married really. They should have chosen a man + woman relationship in the first place and if they wanted a man and a man relationship they should be happy with how the laws are as is.

Guys you do realise the "people that are Against gay marriage" are winning this poll. We are not only winning but winning by far, so try as you may but we will always be that bit ahead of ya ;)
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|
Mattsta
Senior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: 17 Sep 2006, 08:39
Location: Australia

Post by Mattsta »

Mattsta wrote:
You really must remember that people can have their own opinions here so before u attack me again think twice, if not I will be happy to keep this going to 1000 pages wadeva it takes damnit.


Out of your entire last post, the only part that had decent arguments could have been condensed into about two sentences. Just because a post is long doesn't mean it says anything.


mattsta wrote:
So you guys prove to me ur all the people in the whole world lmfao and then maybe I will start to slightly head on ur side


You are the one who is claiming that you speak for billions of people. You said yourself that you don't believe in god, so how can you possibly speak for the billions of religious people in the world? You say that it's okay for you to have your own opinions, and that is fine. But now you are saying that you are speaking on behalf of billions of people. Doing that is completely ignorant and foolish, and their is no way you can justify it.

If you want people to listen to your opinions then stop making claims that you are the represntative voice of billions of people, because by claiming that you are making yourself sound like an arrogant prick.
My post had plenty of decent arguments and many people who voted for the option I did would agree with that ;)

Well it isn't really a claim u see AJC it's the truth. On the NEWS it has been brought up alot of times and religious people (billions not only christians/catholics) believe that it is wrong, the same as what I believe obviously.

You guys are also saying ur speaking on behalf of billions of people so ur the ignorant and foolish ones. U don't know the opinions of billions of people so that's the pudding in the pie :P

Okay maybe I'll stop this so called "claim" (which it isn't it's the truth actually) if you admit that u guys are trying to speak the mins of billions of people who supposedly "are all for gay marriage". No callin ppl prick's before u take as look in ur own backyard m8y :)

Well again I must stress we're winning the poll :d :d :d :d
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|
gunnerz23
Veteran Member
Posts: 432
Joined: 26 Sep 2006, 11:20
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by gunnerz23 »

Mattsta wrote:My post had plenty of decent arguments and many people who voted for the option I did would agree with that ;)

Well it isn't really a claim u see AJC it's the truth. On the NEWS it has been brought up alot of times and religious people (billions not only christians/catholics) believe that it is wrong, the same as what I believe obviously.

You guys are also saying ur speaking on behalf of billions of people so ur the ignorant and foolish ones. U don't know the opinions of billions of people so that's the pudding in the pie :P

Okay maybe I'll stop this so called "claim" (which it isn't it's the truth actually) if you admit that u guys are trying to speak the mins of billions of people who supposedly "are all for gay marriage". No callin ppl prick's before u take as look in ur own backyard m8y :)Well again I must stress we're winning the poll :d :d :d :d
You dont noe wot people want either. On the news they say that most people are against it, but thats just the media, you cant trust anything like that. They will exaggerate anything just for a story. We are not the foolish or ignorant ones, we are the ones who care and are compassionate about gays, unlike yourself. Like i have sed many times, you still dont have a decent argument as to why u dont think gays should marry.Why are you against it Mattsta? Your not religious, so what has it got to do with you?
You just dont like people different from yourself and your talking about something which u obviously dont understand. So quit now, before u embaress yourself even more.
Oh an btw, the poll voters dont show the worlds opinion. The ones that voted against it are probably ignorant fools such as yourself.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
Image
Mattsta
Senior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: 17 Sep 2006, 08:39
Location: Australia

Post by Mattsta »

You dont noe wot people want either. On the news they say that most people are against it, but thats just the media, you cant trust anything like that. They will exaggerate anything just for a story. We are not the foolish or ignorant ones, we are the ones who care and are compassionate about gays, unlike yourself. Like i have sed many times, you still dont have a decent argument as to why u dont think gays should marry.Why are you against it Mattsta? Your not religious, so what has it got to do with you?
You just dont like people different from yourself and your talking about something which u obviously dont understand. So quit now, before u embaress yourself even more.
Oh an btw, the poll voters dont show the worlds opinion. The ones that voted against it are probably ignorant fools such as yourself.
Umm actually u can trust the media because face it, the media is everything this day and age. People take it as gospel because they can, and should. The media wouldn't lie because then they would get millions of complaints from people. Please quit using ignornace as an excuse for ur mind which can't seem to make up any decent arguments.

*ROFL* *ROFL* I know I'm not religious but I still respect god and all that and am open to people telling me about it (well we have to take R.E class in school anyway) but I just don't attend church at all, haven't been baptized when I was little cos I'm not like really deeply in the religion, however I still respect it and don't hate it.

Q:What's it got to do with me if I'm not religious?

A: I may not be religious but as I said above I still respect religion and all that and god creating the earth (I personally believe the 'big-bang theory' is the closest to how the world would have started) is the only explanation people have given and believed over all these years. My point here is I believe god probably did create the earth and all living species and that he wouldn't have wanted to create gays because that would conflict with his teachings about how he created men to marry women.

But hey, gays came about no one really knows how but they did so we have to respect that but they should just not be allowed to marry. This is not because I think they are different from us but because they themselves chose to be like that (well ben23 pretty much dumbfounded everyone on the matter that gays couldn't have been born like that with his genetics statement) so they should realise what marriage is about (a man marrying a women and vice versa). Maybe gays don't want to get married?

Letting gays get married might even set a bad example for the youth of today who might think being gay is okay and then go and turn gay and marry a another man; and then adopt a child or something and embarass that child not because of the 'ignorant' people in the world but because of how his/her parents are. Full stop. I'm not embarassing myself at all, in fact u r with ur "blame it on ignornace" statements.
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|
Mattsta
Senior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: 17 Sep 2006, 08:39
Location: Australia

Post by Mattsta »

From jg tc online:
Go ahead and vote for the same-sex marriages. You won’t be glad you did when you start noticing more natural disasters or epidemics! Why do you think homosexuals get AIDS? It’s judgement sent to them from God. God sends judgement to those who commit sin, and that’s everyone, including myself.
Sorry but have to agree with that, even tho I'm not religious I still respect god and some of his laws/rules over humanity.
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|
Post Reply