physics

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
waynroony

i dont really know if this is the under the right section but anyways....

THE STORY:
my fat science teacher about a month ago gave us a whopping 20 page research paper on anything we wanted. being the person that i am i chose to research the physics of soccer...

THE PROBLEM:
i am starting to second guess that decision now that it is too late to change topics. i am having trouble figuring out where to start and find information....

THE SOLUTION:
Is there a reason ur reading my post and not playing soccer???

fide

a just ask yourself what can get the ball to go further kicking it with speed or kicking with power.
cruz azul is the best mexican team in my opinion, lol. harreba el cruz azul.

expert
Site Admin

waynroony wrote:i am having trouble figuring out where to start and find information....
Start by making a clearer definition of "the physics of soccer"

Btw, I am currently working on my own proprietary real-time physics engine. If you plan to study the ball's trajectory when kicked, etc, you may want to study kinematics, especially the relationship between linear and angular momentum

SV_08

I know I have seen sites that discuss the kind of things you are talking about, they had things such as the physics of bending and stuff. If you google it up I'm sure you'll get something.

mak9

btw, seeing that you are 14 years old, the physics of a soccer ball is pretty heavy stuff with out knowing some of the math.

In order to make it easier for yourself, ignore air drag and secondly focus on one problem and present your solution.

For example, at what angle should a ball be kicked so that the ball lands the farthest? The answer is 45 degrees, you can give a proof of this in your report by using the equations for projectile motion.