Help needed with parents

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
peps1154
Veteran Member

Im in a very annoying and stupid situationon. Basically a week ago I got badly sick and I missed the whole week of school. then on Friday last week I went to play soccer. I practiced Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. On Monday I went back to school and in the afternoon I decided to go play even though it was very cold and raining. My practice session went fine but next morining I woke up sick. Again I missed the whole week of school. The doctor put me on Antibiotics amd I finish those in a week I figured thatin 1 and a half week I can go back to playing. However my parents told me I cant go playing until April!!! WHat should I do to convince them or at least not to loose any of my skills? I feel very angry.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

these is what you do: call them to the computer right now so they can read this.

Dear peps1154's parents,

Please find it in your hearts to forgive your son for the wrongs he has done in the past two weeks. You see, he is a guy and as guys, we all have two very important things in life: school and soccer. But, since we do not like school very much, we need the other to balance our lives out. Without soccer, peps will just sit around the house and waste oxygen, when he can be doing something good for himself out on the field.
Peps realizes that he has done wrong, and in that case, there is no need for punishment. If you insist that he must need some kind of consequence for making himself sick, then please, reduce the punishment to not letting him play until the middle of February. You will make your son happier and in turn, he will have more respect for you, and more love as well.
Respectfully,
Karlo
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

expert
Site Admin

Good try, karlofootball10, but that's not how things work... in my disfunctional family at least.
peps1154 wrote:WHat should I do to convince them
Depends on what your parents are like. If they're really stubborn, don't argue with them - that won't get you anywhere. What I would probably do is agree with whatever they say and then play anyways...
peps1154 wrote:I feel very angry.
You gotta figure out what's more important to you - not pissing your parents off or doing what you love. And be prepared to face the consequences. Wear kevlar pants or whatever. :) It's all good though, you're supposed to suffer for your passion.

peps1154
Veteran Member

expert wrote:Good try, karlofootball10, but that's not how things work... in my disfunctional family at least.
peps1154 wrote:WHat should I do to convince them
Depends on what your parents are like. If they're really stubborn, don't argue with them - that won't get you anywhere. What I would probably do is agree with whatever they say and then play anyways...
peps1154 wrote:I feel very angry.
You gotta figure out what's more important to you - not pissing your parents off or doing what you love. And be prepared to face the consequences. Wear kevlar pants or whatever. :) It's all good though, you're supposed to suffer for your passion.
\I suffered for two weeks when I was sick now that Im recovered I cant suffer for two month because They dont want me to get sick again. There is just nothing to do soccer is the only good thing. Good writing Karlo thx for trying but I doubt that will work. I dont know what I will do. Im still on antibiotics so I will fight in a week or so.

zizou10-5

mate iw oiuld just play and train in secret n just say to them u'll just play or train a quarter half of what u want n do more than that. They probably won't realise.

Horris
Sophomore Member

it depends on what your parents are like.

you might just have to practice things not directly soccer but things like sit ups and push ups at home and cycling for cardio
"The pain won't last forever but the memories will"

Kew

hey
seems to me that you don't hate school much, you still went to school.

however, i must point out that playing in the rain on a cold day = suicide.
if you want to get better, don't get sick. Playing in the rain on a cold day is the perfect way to get sick. Why should you listen to me? I'm studying to be a doctor, and my advice to you is stop playing in the rain on a cold day.

You can't just play soccer and thats it, there's other things in life besides soccer. you want to look after your body, and antibiotics and being out of school for a wk coz u'r sick (you must be really sick) isn't doing your body any good.

my advice on how to deal with ur parents.

go up to them and say "hey mum, thanks for caring about me so much. I know i got sick two weeks in a roll, that must have freaked you out heaps. I promise ill look after my body better. I'm doing pretty well in school too, i hope i can get back to my school work as soon as possible"

having said that, if you don't study, it'll blow and ur parents won't believe you. When you show your parents you're studying, naturally, they'll go "hey peps, you can go play soccer :)"

and then you go play soccer, but not in the rain on a cold day.

toni_9
New User

hey ur lucky ur parents actualy let u play soccer my parents are all aginst me playing soccer cuz i was born with my ankles out of place i had 7 surgeries so far but ive always loved soccer n i always will my advise is suck up to em for a couple of days untill things cool down n then they would probably let u go if not say a friend is calling u to go outside n go play good luck :D

G-Unit-Freestyler

What kinda sickness is it? Just a flu or somethin big? If its something big I'd lsten to my parents. If its nothing much then just go out there.

peps1154
Veteran Member

wow this topic was old, anyways since it has life back I guess I can follow up and tell u guys that my parents allowed me to go quickly after my recovery since i wouldnt stop nagging them. It seems like such a long time ago...