Pro players that you've met?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
jdefoe
Forum groupie

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you know any pro players personally, or if you have met any pro players personally. I happen to know one guy who played for Rochester of the A-League a few years ago. I also play against a former NASL league player in an indoor league. I can tell you one thing- these guys are skilled. Another thing I can tell you is one of them used to be one of those skinny kids who were picked last in gym class. He didn't want to be like this anymore, so he kept training, and his techniques and skills became so good, he was able to go pro after playing university ball.

What about you?

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

i wish............ :D

jdefoe
Forum groupie

soccerchic_06 wrote:i wish............ :D
LOL impossible is nothing.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

im not saying its impossible, im saying its unlikely. Very unlikely for me anyways based on my parents social status and the wanting to meet someone lke that. if u would look at the discussion in socce in your family, u would no that my parents aren't that supportive of my soccer career

jdefoe
Forum groupie

well, if you keep improving, and if you go somewhere with your career, you will soon meet the right people, and more than likely you will meet a few pros :lol:

Lopez

in the past i met some borussia dortmund players after they've won the championsleague 97. i met stefan chapiusat and stefan reuter and got 2 autograms. a friend of mine will probably be a proplayer, he's playing in the highest youth league right now. i hope for him that he'll get a contract for the amateurs. :-)
"There're always people who tell you that you won't make it. That's really hard. But something in me said that i'm gonna make it. It was a dream i had to fulfill." - Kaká

madridfc
Veteran Member

well, at a camp i went to there was a coach who wasn't there the same week i was, but he used to play on the same team as david beckham

at that same camp i knew a really cool coach named Vlad from brazil and he had played against roberto carlos and he actually knew him!

then, there's one that i know personally. his names jason batty and he played professionally in either austrailia or new zealand as a keeper, so that was really cool when i found out about him.

moreover, theres a woman that i know from scotland who's team was the best in scotland for 18 months and she also played on the national team there for a few years.

also at this camp, there were a few assorted former uruguayan national team players and a woman named ngazi from a country in africa who played in the womans world cup or something.
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

captain_mostafa

I have meet a lot of ex-professional players. i never realy liked that much, because they just knowed me just for bussines. or becz they wanted my dad to help them in somthing and after that they never help me in soccer any more. But the only one who helped me out with a Gk from a big club in Saudia Arabia,, and i personaly had the honner to be coached from him.

i wacth the best proffesional players in the world play on tv everyday. Thats good enough for me. Its actually quite the privalige. thank you god!!!!

madridfc
Veteran Member

hahaha, thats right guest. but it doesn't hurt to hope that pele will happen to show up at your house and knock on your door to have a little chat! :lol: like that'll ever happen :(
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

Mike

I've definately met some coaches that have been involved in very high levels of soccer...i've had some family friends that have gone very far but had to stop do to injury.

Maria

My coach played for the Swedish national team in the late 80's. :p

hes not really a pro but i kinda know guiseppe rossi

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

jdefoe wrote:well, if you keep improving, and if you go somewhere with your career, you will soon meet the right people, and more than likely you will meet a few pros :lol:
IF i go somewhere w/ my career?? u mean when i am somewhere with my soccer career playing on the womens team for the u.s.a., right jdfoe???

CASA15

ive met two pro players and one is from Canada's national team. Randy hermus. my soccer team is doing training sessions with her right now. and the other person was John but i cant remember his last name and he played for Edmonton. and i did training with him too. this christmas my dad and i are hopefully going to england to watch manchester united play. hopefully i might be able to met one of them there but i doubt it.