Religion

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Post Reply
Flyingmoose
Veteran Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 11 Jun 2007, 00:23

Post

klc123 wrote:One half of that articles title is spot on.
clever, except we could conquer your ass in a blink of an eye

Nat_H
Veteran Member
Posts: 1559
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 18:03

Post

Flyingmoose wrote:
klc123 wrote:One half of that articles title is spot on.
clever, except we could conquer your ass in a blink of an eye
bazingggaa

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

Good fight. KayKayThanxGuysBai.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

Not that this explains anything, but check this video out.. It really makes you think


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQw9O8BwPXY


Lucky as fu**? While other peope die from something as stupid as a cold?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

Some of those are fu**ing weird, the skater that got run over doesn't look real if i'm completely honest, but if it is that is seriously fu**ed up.

Luck doesn't really come into it for me, some of them were too unreal to be luck.

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yWaw5CBWsQ
God must have been taking a smoke break or something for these then

@KLC, when you said bye, i thought you were leaving.
Image

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

How long did it take you to think of that one?

Edit:

Not long obviously because of how sh*t it was.

Guuud fight. KKTHNXBAI.

Btw most of those accidents were the people's fault rofl, which isn't surprising seeing as most look to be in the US. God can't hold peoples hand every step of the way, if he did, we would still think he was doing nothing because we would have experienced nothing less, for all we know he could be doing massive amounts to make the world a better place, but been human we always want MOAR.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

sorry, gotta admit both comebacks made me laugh.. the "when you said bye i thought you where leaving" and the "not long obviously because of how sh*t it was" haha fair play to both :lol:

but on a serious note, s11, first, i said it doesn't mean anything, and I don't think "god saved their lives" like i don't think "god didn't save such and such's life" either.. there are some weird christians in america, everybody knows that, that really give us(global catholics) a bad name... I simply believe, that the person who didn't get run over by the truck, by 1 milimeter, or the one that got spared from the speeding car at 100 km/h, by one tree, life, duty, mision in this world wasn't fufilled yet.. It wasn't his time to die... Its not that Jesus Christ the only Lord all mighty, blew the car with his mighty lungs, and saved the poor man.. It simply wasn't his time, and he wasn't gonna die.. It has spirituality to it, but it has nothing to do with catholics, protestants, atheists, or nothing.. I was just posting it to state, there are things that science can't explain...



i hate horrible accidents and I don't wanna watch your video, but is it just random? is it just that some people have 1/100,000 chances of dying, but they die, and a person who is 99% sure to die, miracously survives... watch your video, and watch mine, is it all just luck? bad place in the bad time? my ass... there's more to life than what science can i explain, and that we can see with our eyes..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Icy
Veteran Member
Posts: 813
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 19:47

Post

klc123 wrote:How long did it take you to think of that one?

Edit:

Not long obviously because of how sh*t it was.

Guuud fight. KKTHNXBAI.

Btw most of those accidents were the people's fault rofl, which isn't surprising seeing as most look to be in the US. God can't hold peoples hand every step of the way, if he did, we would still think he was doing nothing because we would have experienced nothing less, for all we know he could be doing massive amounts to make the world a better place, but been human we always want MOAR.
Can you please go back to 4Chan?

I really hope you look back on these in a few years and see how much of a douche you were. lol
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

I really hope you look back on these in a few years and see how much of a douche you were. lol
I love how you say "were" as opposed to "still are" or "am".

I understand what you are saying panch and I relate to it.I personally believe God has a plan for each of us, as gay as that might sound, and I genuinely do have faith in that. It wasn't their time to die, because God didn't want them to die yet.

On the other hand a lot of miracles do happen, my local priest had a dream when he was 16 that he was on fire, he woke up from the nightmare to find that his families house was on fire and filling up with smoke, and he proceeded to wake everyone up and get them out of the house. That nightmare and waking up 100% saved his and his families life. He says it is because God has a different plan for him, and I believe that also.

NewBornProdigy
Admin
Posts: 2695
Joined: 23 May 2008, 19:51

Post

klc123 wrote:I understand what you are saying panch and I relate to it.I personally believe God has a plan for each of us, as gay as that might sound, and I genuinely do have faith in that. It wasn't their time to die, because God didn't want them to die yet.
Mircales, Deaths and Disaters aside

There is a higher power, but he is not 'your' god, there is a higher force of some sort, but it does not belong or care for any religious order

Religion is merely a summary of a societies current state of stupidity

If you want to find evidence of a higher power go look at something beautiful and try explain to yourself why its beautiful

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post

NBP my good fellow, do you have a PHD in philosophy? you always sound too profound, even in layman's terms lol

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

There is a higher power, but he is not 'your' god, there is a higher force of some sort, but it does not belong or care for any religious order

Religion is merely a summary of a societies current state of stupidity
You sound awfully certain about a subject which has no way to be proven.

Religion is man's interpretation of God and what he is saying. God is not flawed, Religion is.

And yes he is my God because I believe in him. Don't try and tell me what I believe, my belief is that there is a God that created the laws of the universe so that things would happen the way that they have, and our existence was designed by him. I believe that God is everything that I think he is, and nothing can take that away from me.

If your argument is that there is no God, then think about what happens after death. Our lifetime is a mere nano second in physical time, you really think that we experience life the way we do for no reason? I believe it is a gift from God.

Icy
Veteran Member
Posts: 813
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 19:47

Post

NewBornProdigy wrote:
klc123 wrote:I understand what you are saying panch and I relate to it.I personally believe God has a plan for each of us, as gay as that might sound, and I genuinely do have faith in that. It wasn't their time to die, because God didn't want them to die yet.
Mircales, Deaths and Disaters aside

There is a higher power, but he is not 'your' god, there is a higher force of some sort, but it does not belong or care for any religious order

Religion is merely a summary of a societies current state of stupidity

If you want to find evidence of a higher power go look at something beautiful and try explain to yourself why its beautiful
Why does something you consider beautiful have to be attributed to something rather than it just happened'? Even then, some people think certain things are beautiful while others don't, did a higher power not influence that?

^Not an 'attack' at what you believe I'm just curious to your answer
Our lifetime is a mere nano second in physical time, you really think that we experience life the way we do for no reason?
No reason in the sense that we are not here to appease something else, yes. Why does something HAVE to happen after death? Why can't death be like before birth?
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

That is missing the point more than a David Beckham penalty.

If we have no purpose and death is exactly the same as before birth, then why do we have a conscious memory of everything going on.

There is a reason we are conscious and have souls and personalities, our body would run far more efficiently if we did not have personalities because then it would not have the task of dealing with emotion and decisions. There there for is a reason we have our personalities.

Likewise what defines you and what you are experiencing. Are you a mind merely situated in a brain surrounded by many cells that co-operate to efficiently live? Or are you a soul in a coordinated body with a purpose in life beyond reproduction and survival.

Our mere consciousness as people is more than enough proof to me that we are a part of a much larger scheme.

EDIT:

To explain myself better. You have many million cells in your body, all of them interlinked by chemical and nervous transmission. They communicate because they need to, to survive. However, we only have one mind. Do mere bacteria crawling on your skin have a mind? A memory? A consciousness?

Post Reply