Religion

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
ballasyder

Post by ballasyder » 31 Aug 2006, 16:53

Sputnik as I said true christians don't start wars. They are suppose to love and live at peace with others. The fighting in ireland is very hipocritical of them and i would highly doubt that anyone who purposely kills someone else is a christians. A christian is a follower of Christ and they should follow his teachings and no where in the bible Jesus says to kill someone for any reason. And back to what started the survive converstation, no one can deny that you feel robbed when someone dies or knowing that you will die someday. People are born with the instinct to defeat death because we know we should not have to experience it. And about the animal, plant thing, I'm just talking about humans. We as humans have the compacity to think deeper into things so we have a survival instinct but we can think or ponder about death and life in greater detail. I agree that plants and animals have that instict as well but it's because we were created this way from the start. We were never meant to die until sin and corruption entered the world. So I do agree witrh you about the instinct as far as non humans.

ballasyder

Post by ballasyder » 31 Aug 2006, 17:04

Also I read your first post on this thread and I thought maybe I could give what I believe to be an answer to that question. Ch cha cha cha check it out. I hope this helps.

http://www.gotquestions.org/free-will.html

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 31 Aug 2006, 17:28

ballasyder wrote:Sputnik as I said true christians don't start wars. They are suppose to love and live at peace with others. The fighting in ireland is very hipocritical of them and i would highly doubt that anyone who purposely kills someone else is a christians. A christian is a follower of Christ and they should follow his teachings and no where in the bible Jesus says to kill someone for any reason. And back to what started the survive converstation, no one can deny that you feel robbed when someone dies or knowing that you will die someday. People are born with the instinct to defeat death because we know we should not have to experience it. And about the animal, plant thing, I'm just talking about humans. We as humans have the compacity to think deeper into things so we have a survival instinct but we can think or ponder about death and life in greater detail. I agree that plants and animals have that instict as well but it's because we were created this way from the start. We were never meant to die until sin and corruption entered the world. So I do agree witrh you about the instinct as far as non humans.
so this applies for christians but not other religions? you said before 'christians dont cause wars'. but im sure true muslims etc dont cause wars either. but then if no true believers of religions cause wars, who does cause wars?
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

MikeTheMadKeeper
Sophomore Member

Post by MikeTheMadKeeper » 31 Aug 2006, 17:33

I know i said i wasn't going to post here anymore but i just wanted to respond to Sputnik's post here really quick.

People who twist religion around to justify their actions cause wars. Like the Taliban or whatever who believe that killing innocents for no reason will get them to heaven. True followers of God know right from wrong. As for the Crusades, the Pope sent the armies over there because the Pope had enough power to do so and did not want muslims taking over Jerusalem. The Crusades were catholic not christian as the Pope was the one who started them. I just wanted to reply since Sputnik JUST posted and i just came on so there you go. :D

ballasyder

Post by ballasyder » 31 Aug 2006, 18:05

Sputnik you may be right but that is not the deciding factor in what religion is the right one or what relion has more truth. But also I think Muslims are suppose to take back their old land and kill whom ever took it so they can get it back. And I think they state that people who are non muslims should be killed or something. Not 100% sure please correct me if I'm wrong. But your right, if Buddihst followed their teachings they would be thought of as good people. But that doesn't mean that they're religion is true. It needs to stand up against the facts. The bible has been attacked ever since it has been around and it hasn't been proven wrong yet.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 31 Aug 2006, 18:28

The bible has been attacked ever since it has been around and it hasn't been proven wrong yet.
Wasn't there proof that the bible had been corrupted over time?

ballasyder

Post by ballasyder » 31 Aug 2006, 20:09

No. What proof? If you have heard anything I would love to hear the source of the information. The Bible we have today is 99.9% identical to the bible they had about 2 thousand years ago. Hope this helps.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-corrupted.html

medved

Post by medved » 01 Sep 2006, 02:21

But also I think Muslims are suppose to take back their old land and kill whom ever took it so they can get it back. And I think they state that people who are non muslims should be killed or something. Not 100% sure please correct me if I'm wrong.
:cry:

No, a true muslim should never kill himself or anyone it is god who shall decide ones fate but ofcourse if someone breaks into your house and points a gun at your mom and you have a gun in your pocket you will need to eliminate that person to defend your family member, though a muslim shall not kill anybody who is not a direct threat to them just because they follow a different religion or something, infact it is stated in the koran that a muslim shall respect all other religions and not even go as far as to make them join his. Although, it is doing good deeds for a muslim if they try to spread their religion and teach others around them thus allowing it to expand(we do believe it is the final, perfect way of living, sent down by god or as we call him in arabic, "Allah").

LYM.randy

Post by LYM.randy » 01 Sep 2006, 14:23

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Heh, maybe we should worry less about whose religion is right and get to work :)

ballasyder

Post by ballasyder » 01 Sep 2006, 22:06

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 12 Sep 2006, 02:31

Truthfully, I'm not religious at all. Only ever been in a church for a funeral. I think something that would be amazing to watch is a wrestling match between God and Buddha! :D

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Post by Mr.SoccerMojo » 19 Sep 2006, 03:24

The following passage was taken from Viveka-Chudamani ("The Crest-Jewl of Wisdom")

The nature of the one Reality must be known by one's own clear spiritual preception; it cannot be known through a pandit (learned man). Similarly the from of the moon can only be known through one's own eyes. How can it be known through others?
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 04 Oct 2006, 22:25

hey, random question. where can i get a copy of the koran? just at like a regular bookstore?
Hala Galacticos

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 05 Oct 2006, 18:26

My school's library has one I think that most libraries should have some. Or you can just ask the people at the bookstores if they have one or where you can get one.

floater

Post by floater » 09 Oct 2006, 00:46

it going to be difficult to understand the english translation of the quran because the translations are so shallow compared to what i've heard scholars talk about
they can talk about one verse for a couple of days
the quran also goes along with the prophet's hadiths (his sayings)
neither can stand alone and they must be together to truly understand what the quran or the hadiths are trying to say

just hope u know so that u can better understand it
"In football, the greatest satisfaction is winning when they say you can't." - Robert Paul