Religion

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i'm thinking that might be only in the catholic version. there's a brief part after jesus' resurrection where he talks to the disciples, but that's all i know of. i don't think (in my version) he appoints a pope.
Hala Galacticos

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

We believe that Jesus made Peter pope from Matthew 16 which is "Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter,[c] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[d] will not overcome it.[e] 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[f] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[g] loosed in heaven." 20Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ. "
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

yeah, but where does it say pope?? i mean i understand he's saying peter is the leader of the apostles kind of, but why would we still need that?
Hala Galacticos

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

well the pope is the leader. he binds us all together to make 1. Protestants have a plethora of branches, baptists, presbytarians,lutherans and others. the Pope keeps us one and unifys. idk w/o the pope there would not be 1 catholic church, it would be like protestants, same core but maybe ceratin areas might say such and such laws matter but these ones dont. idk its hard to explain.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

zico

Does it mention a pope thats selected by cardinals and waer beatiful expensive robes and wave around crufixs and make statures that look pretty darn expensive. It would be enough to feed lots of homeless, hungry people right?

And as for that verse, i think it means the church of christ, not the chtholic church. Jesus means that his church, which when you enter his church, you will receive the keys of heaven.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

well the Catholic church is the church of Christ.It was at one time the only real powerful Christian church(correct me if im wrong) wat do u call the church of Christ.

and i do agree w/ about waring the expensive robes and stuff.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

ROIUSA wrote:well the pope is the leader. he binds us all together to make 1. Protestants have a plethora of branches, baptists, presbytarians,lutherans and others. the Pope keeps us one and unifys. idk w/o the pope there would not be 1 catholic church, it would be like protestants, same core but maybe ceratin areas might say such and such laws matter but these ones dont. idk its hard to explain.
i guess that makes sense. i mean it's not in the bible, so i don't know why there's a real need for biblical justification. you could have just said "it's not in the bible, but this is why we have a pope anyway." it would have saved a lot of arguing. that's a good explanation though. i mean there's nothing wrong with having different branches, in my opinion, but i guess it is easier to have just one.
Hala Galacticos

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

ya i just found out jan 18-jan 25 is unified chritian prayer week or something to that effect. just thought id through that in there

zizou10-5

okay i'm back ppl, if u guys have ne questions, plz ask.

upandcoming

I am a protestant christian and my father is a minister of a fairly large church here in Canada and we do not believe in Pope's and we don't pray to merry or anything like that. The Bible says there is only 1 God it may say to honor Marry but that does not mean to pray to her. Catholics say that the Pope is faultless then why is there so much in the news about sins that popes have made. I believe that many popes are Christians but they are human like every one else. Any one can be a minister all you have to do is know the Word of God. No one is faultless look at Peter catholics say he is a pope yet God rebuked him for chopping of the mans ear when they were trying to take Jesus.

upandcoming

zico wrote:Hey i got a thoguht. Say that i have really good technology. I create a micro world with living intelligent beings like us that have emotions, feelings and freewill to think and learn for themselves. But since i created them, i will love them, but if they disobey me, i will just punish or destroy them. And i would essentially be like their god.

Do you get what im saying? So maybe thats the case with us and god?

Plz dont say im anti-christ or anti-god, its just a thought htat came up in my mind.

you can find everything you need at drdino.com if you can stump him in the subject of creation vs evolution he offers a prize of 250,000 so you can write to him on his site and then you can post his answer on the forum if you want. He has come to my church before and my father knows him well he has some very intresting things to say. He has books, videos as well as a mini theme park for little kids

dTak
New User

i know this is long, but it will really change your mind and it makes most sense.

okay. there is well over 14 pages of replies, but i'm sure i can answer your question although you might be satisfied already. i haven't read anyone else's post so here come's my view.

okay, i'm a jehovah's witness. therefore i believe in god, and that he has a name Jehovah. He created his first creation, (his son) and named him Jesus. then he and jesus went on creating angels, then the earth, and eventually a paradise with adam and eve. they had the power of free will, and to test if adam and eve were faithful to jehovah, he put a restriction into eating the fruit of knoledge in which they were not to eat. unfortunately, one of the angels who worked for god wanted adam and eve to worship him instead of Jehovah god. so he masked himself as a snake, and tricked eve into eating it, persuading her that she surely would not die, if she took a bite out of it. then eve got adam into eating it, because adam love eve more than god. so they got kicked out of paradise, and ended up losing all the benefits of it. god also kicked that angel out of heaven, and he was named satan, in which SIN had been created. so all this sin is caused by satan, and our power of free will. yes, god knows the future and what will happen to us, but he does not control us like robots. we have no such thing as destiny. out life depends on the choices WE make in life. he is not the one CAUSING the troubles and choices, but rather letting it happen. this is how he will put faithful christians to the test. we are pressured by satan to sin, and god will basicaly put death to all those who do not worship him trully.

as for sin, adam and eve were perfect humans until they sinned, so in order for god to be able to forgive our sins through prayer, Jehovah had sent his only begotten son, Jesus christ (also a perfect human) to sacrifice his life. therefore, perfect man for a perfect man in order to cancel it out. so if you sin, through truthful and sincere prayer, god will forgive you. When Jesus was dying on a stake, there was a thief put to death beside him, and before they died, the thief asked Jesus to remember him when he rules as king on Paradise on earth, and Jesus responded, "surely, you will live with me in paradise." so we can be forgiven. if god had made everything planned out, there would be no reason for us to be living.

as for hell, there is no such thing. god is the creator of the universe and has no desires to torture us. when god's day is to come, satan and his demonds will dissapear, the faithful will survive and enjoy life in paradise on earth, not heaven;only 144,000 annointed ones will go to heaven, and the unfaithful will disappear along with satan. as for the ones who did not get to know Jehovah god, they will be earned a second chance to live in paradise on earth along with the faithful ones.

so basically , if you caused murder, you were in temptation to kill someone through satan's desires. he is the one tempting you to disobey god, and become unfaithful to him. he knows that he will soon be defeated for good, and he is trying his hardest to turn away the faithful ones from worshiping Jehovah.

if there's anything i didn't answer or is unclear just ask.

ps. as for zico with your god plan, that is one of the things god hates most. that is why us Jehovah Witnesses are against cloning. it is simply playing god, and we are not to try to reach to the point were we are god. cloning is creating humans, something only god can do.

upandcoming

ok for starters Dtak God did not create Jesus God is 3-in-1 God is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He sent him self down in a human form to teach the World. He was crucified so that the devil was defeated and is now waiting for the time to come down and take all that trust him back to heaven to live with him for eternity.

As for your theory about hell where do all the people that die go? do you think they just disappear. And why would God want to restrict the number of people that go to heaven. God is a mercyful and loving God he wants everyone that obeys him to go to heaven. Got created hell when satan was a fallen angle and it was meant for just satan and his demons to live. When he made humans he made them to be perfect and then adam and eve sinned and sin came in the world so people started to sin. All those that sinned then had to go to hell. Then Jesus came and died on the cross so you could ask for forgivenness.

One more thing Jehovah witnesses go door to door. If only 144,000 people can go to heaven that means the people they convert going door to door won't go to heaven. In affect they are just looking out for them selves so they can do good will and they can make it to heaven. God says in the Bible that you should not be selfish. Just a though.

Jehovah Witnesses used to come to my door then my dad talked to them and asked them questions in which they coudn't answer so if you have any more questions I will ask my father but these are ones I just thought of my self.

dTak
New User

okay first off.

you're talking about a trinity here...

if god really is jesus, when jesus went up to the mountain and fasted for 30 days, praying to god, was he praying to himself? why would jesus pray to himself, if you pray to go either for help, forgiveness, and to get closer to him personally? i'm sure that if jesus was god he did not need to get closer to himself or ask for forgiveness from himself.

if hell really did exist, and god really was loving and caring, why would he want his creatures to suffer in hell? hell is eternal torture. if you had a son, and he disobeyed you, would you want him to torture forever? when god created humans, he created them with his own traits. one of them which is love. so common sense would tell us that god loves us, and wouldn't send us to eternal torture.

as for the 144,000 annointed ones, jesus and god had picked them when he died or a torture stake. as for everybody else, we live in paradise earth, a place which was known the garden of eden before adam and eve had sinned.

when someone dies, they do not have an afterlife in hell, nor heaven. when you die you are simply sleeping. when jesus had resurrected Lazarus from death, he had been dead for 4 days. if heaven and hell existed, wouldn't he have begun to notice if there realy was heaven and hell? if they did exist, he would've told people about how it was in hell, or heaven. but he didn't. he was simply sleeping.

and i say that people 'sleep' when they die, because Jehovah god will ressurect the faithful ones to paradise earth. and we try to convert people so that they will get the chance to live in paradise earth also. that is why we go door to door. it says in the bible that jesus asked us to preach about the 'good news' which is the bible.

when god had kicked satan out of heaven, he was still in a differet level of heaven. he was more powerful that humans, but weaker than god and his angels. but, when 1914 came, god and his angels had fought against satan and his deamons, and had kicked them out of heaven for good, sending them to earth, not hell. that's why world war 1 had occured, satan had immediately begun to control the earth, while god waited for his faithful ones to continue being faithful. he gives strength to endure against satan, and he will reward the ones that do not give up.

and i'm sure that your dad was asking a pre-mature witness. just because we are witnesses doesn't mean we can answer every question. sure we should be knowing it, but there are people who haven't learned everything yet, and still need time to do so. if your dad would give some patience and give some time to listen, he would find the right answers.

if you wan't, i'd be glad to answer your dad's questions.

Ronnie9

I'm muslim so I partly disagree with what dtak said there.. here goes what i'd say:

okay, i'm muslim so i believe in god, and that he has a name Allah (in arabic)/God . He has some many creations before humans, like universe, heaven and earth..Jesus is not God's son he's just a prophet like Mohammad was, and God sent many prophets in order to teach ppl a religion that he wants them to follow. God also sent 300 something prophets and Mohammed was the last of em and Noah was the first.. I donno when angles were created but God created them and the devil was one of those angles. the first human being to be created was Adam and then Eve and they lived in paradise. they did NOT have the power of free will but God did/and still have, and to test if adam and eve were faithful to Allah, he put a restriction into eating the fruit of some tree in which they were not to eat. unfortunately, the devil who was obedient to God somehow was kicked outta paradise and ever since he wanted to take revenge so he went to Adam and Eve and tricked them into eating the fruit of that tree, so they got kicked out of paradise too, and ended up losing all the benefits of it. yes, God knows the future and what will happen to us, and he also knows what we would do all along. everyone has destiny. our life doesn't entirely depend on the choices WE make in life , when someone gets born God writes down every single thing they will be doing in life. I cant say God is the one CAUSING the troubles and choices, but he let them happen because he wants to test ppl if they would still be faithful to him. we are pressured by the devil to sin.

I gotta agree with upandcoming(except we say the devil instead of satan):

[Quote]God is a mercyful and loving God he wants everyone that obeys him to go to heaven. Got created hell when satan was a fallen angle and it was meant for just satan and his demons to live. When he made humans he made them to be perfect and then adam and eve sinned and sin came in the world so people started to sin. All those that sinned then had to go to hell. Then Jesus came and "died" on the cross so you could ask for forgivenness.[Quote]

Holy Qura'an says that jesus wasn't truely killed its just that someone who looked like him who got killed and Jesus is now living in the 7th heaven next to angles.