2 sports

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Serb7
Sophomore Member

Im wondering if i can become a pro soccer p;ayer if u play 2 sports, Soccer and Volleyball becuase im thinking of trying out for volleyball and i dont know if this is good.

madridfc
Veteran Member

i think that volleyball probably would help you very much with agility for soccer. as jdefoe noted in another topic, in football, you "twist yourself into a pretzel," so i'm sure volleyball would help. theres a college where i live and there was a freshman who ended up as a starting back his first year and he played soccer along with volleyball. this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but i think it must have helped him, so hopefully it will help you. keep playing!
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

Maria

I think that it is only good for you to play two sports. Many pro soccer players have played at least 2 or 3 different sports growing up, and been real good at them too! As long as you have fun and don't feel that you train to much or hard it is great to play two different sports.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

definitely go for it!!!! no matter what happens, somehow volleyball will end up benefitting you. if your a goaliee, u'll learn how to dive and somehow anything else you learn wil benefit you

jdefoe
Forum groupie

go for it, there are lots of great athletes that play 2 sports. Like Julius Peppers of the Carolina Panthers. He played in college for the Tar Heels in basketball and football. If he wasnt playing for the panthers now, he'd probably be playing for the bobcats.

Steve Nash of the NBA, did some cool soccer moves in the all star dunk competition. I believe he played for Santa Clara in soccer, and obviously in basketball. Steve's brother plays for the Canada World Cup team in soccer, and his dad played in England as well.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

you a tar-heel fan jdfoe, cause i am!!!!!!! thas right

jdefoe
Forum groupie

sure am a tar heel fan!

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

good, as long as ur not a duke fan or something!!! the tar heels are som much better and are not nerdy. thats where i want to go to for soccer

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Claudio Reyna's friend, Richie Dunn, played for Duke after he got recruited from St. Benedicts Prep School in New Jersey, that school was a dynasty. Tab Ramos, Claudio Reyna, and Gregg Berhalter all came from this prep school.

I believe that Claudio's wife, Danielle or Danella? played for the Tar Heels and won 4 championships there.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

that goes to show that the tar heels are number 1 always!!

jdefoe
Forum groupie

i agree

soccer11
Admin

i agree with the tar heels stuff even though im a Michigan fan( dont worry, they'll turn it around eventually). But even if your the most hardened tar heel fan, you can't take anything away from Indiana. Now thats a great team. As for the 2 sports, i used to play basketball and it really helped me fitness-wise when soccer season started. As for Julius peppers, the only thing me and him have in common are our first names, but i wish i had his ability sometimes.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

i do like other teams, i just like the tar heels the best! they're #1 as far as soccer goes!

hackr17

Basically playing as many sports as you can is GREAT. Keep the good work up
3-17-4

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i like the tar heels, but i hope to play for maryland in college.