leaving football

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
jcdenton
Veteran Member

yeah, just as the title says....
i'm thinking of leaving football... my team is almost last in the league, we've lost many matches because of bad relationship of players inside the squad... the whole generation of players born in 1988 and 87 is being shut down in my club... maybe i am one of the most guilty people for that, i shouted at my coaches... two friends call me to 2 really big belgrade clubs...
tomorrow i'm going to talk to coach of one team... that club organised many international youth tournaments few years ago (lazio,milan,barcelona,PSV... came)... and my friend believes that i can play there...
but if i fail....
NO football for me anymore... i want to start practicing triathlon... one friend told me i would be great for handball, because of my strength and height, so i'll give it a chance...
do you people think these are the right moves?
i have practiced football for 5 years....

arsenalrools

nah, never... i dunno bout anybody else, but i find that extremely F'in childish and dam immature... lol, but its your choice if u wanna start sport that use girls hands instead of boys feet... hehehe, ur choice tho
'Coaches can teach you to be smart, but no-one can teach you to play' -Henry

Check Out Ma First Vid: Click Here

expert
Site Admin

jcdenton wrote:do you people think these are the right moves?
I don't believe that everyone is meant to play football or that if you play the game you are supposed to dedicate your life to it. Only you can judge if these decisions are right or wrong for you.
Personally, I've never really contemplated leaving football. I see the game as an incredible ride - it's been so exciting up to now that I'd have to be crazy to quit. This is just my opinion though, football has different meanings to different people.

matt
EF Forum Legend

expert is right about football not being for everyone. if you play the game just for fun thats kl, you don't have to try and make it to the top.

i would hate the idea of not playing football. if it were me, i would keep at it, see what happens. you might change your mind after a couple of good results. at least stick out the season anyway.....
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Ahmadinho
Sophomore Member

jcdenton wrote:yeah, just as the title says....
i'm thinking of leaving football... my team is almost last in the league, we've lost many matches because of bad relationship of players inside the squad... the whole generation of players born in 1988 and 87 is being shut down in my club... maybe i am one of the most guilty people for that, i shouted at my coaches...
if you want to quit being a footballer just because you lost some games well... that just plain childish. i started playing futbol around 6 years ago (i'm 14 now) and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. yea sure i'm a little young to be saying this but for me futbol is life. i know u are having some bad times with your club but everybody goes through it, and that is what tests your love for the game. maybe the club your playing for is the wrong team for you and it would be a good idea to go to that tournament u were talking about, but leaving football because you don't let to lose isn't a good excuse

well the decision is up to you hope can figure this out
If your 5 minutes early to practice your
on time, if your on time your late.

juggler94

Who cares if your team is not good! Just get another team-talk to your parents or friends about it. Why leave football? And like arsenalroolz said, do you want to use girl's hands or boy's feet? It's completely your choice, but you have to remember that some of the greatest players in the world suffered at one time, like Ronaldo.
Pele said this:
"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do."

mak9

dude, I have been out for five months now and you don't know how depressed I am right now. I would do anything to heal quickly and go back to the game. It is just a game after all, it keeps you healthy, and it is very good for your mind mentally. You develop teamwork skills. You gain a lot from soccer. You can't just quit like that.

peps1154
Veteran Member

I say u should never ever give up, that's all shos how weak mentally u are.

juggler94

yeah, as mak9 said, this game keeps you healthy, both physically and mentally

madridfc
Veteran Member

expert wrote:
jcdenton wrote:do you people think these are the right moves?
I don't believe that everyone is meant to play football or that if you play the game you are supposed to dedicate your life to it. Only you can judge if these decisions are right or wrong for you.
Personally, I've never really contemplated leaving football. I see the game as an incredible ride - it's been so exciting up to now that I'd have to be crazy to quit. This is just my opinion though, football has different meanings to different people.
I think the expert just said it. do what you feel is right. don't do what anyone else says. if football isn't the right thing for you, then thats fine, try another sport, do something new, whatever.

but it sounds to me like you really love the game. is this true? take some time to thoroughly think out your decision. do you truly do love football and are just going through some hard times? if so, take some time off from competition. have some fun with it. go to the park and just juggle a ball or dribble through your house or do whatever part of football that makes you happy.

again, don't do what I tell you. do what you tell yourself and it'll all work out. (it always does :wink: )

i hope this helps, and tell us how you're doing when you get a chance
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

jcdenton
Veteran Member

today i was on a practicec of that club....
it was relaxing practice cause they have game this weekend...
so it was football whole practice....
and since i haven't played normal game for a long time i enjoyed it...
first coach put me to be jocker, to play with the squad that has the ball...
i assisted few goals... then he put me to play in defence of one team... no one could go past me, and few times i've made great dribblings, i shook few guys well... :D
but at the end of practice coach approached me and said that currently he has 35 players in his team and that i could easily be on the bench, but they have pretty good defensive line, players that played for national youth selection and they play together for few years... so i can't play much there... i asked whether i can just practice, but he told me that club president told him that he cannot accept players unless they are few times better than these he has... he told me that he has friends in other clubs in their league, and he can recommend me to them... but i don't want to go anywhere... i'll stop playing football...
and about handball, it's very hard sport, it's stronger sport than football...
they kick each other's face with elbows... just because USA handball team sucks you can't say it's a girl sport...
next week i'm starting amateur swimming and in spring i'll start practicing triathlon... who can say that this is a girl sport...

J
Admin

Why would you even consider it "leaving football" just because you have decided not to play or train competetivly. Are you saying that football isnt still fun to watch or play (for fun)? If i ever decided to stop training or playing competetivly i certainly wouldnt consider that leaving the game, because it will always be in my heart, and i will always love to watch and play it for fun. Even if i lost both my legs in a car crash, i still wouldnt have considered myself to have left football :P .

peps1154
Veteran Member

I guess u just dont love the game as much as u thaught. U came so close to the pros, played so well yet u decided to beck away for handball. If u love handball fine but it makes me sad to see u give up, since I came to the site and saw ur posts I always thatught u had a huge chance of making it pro because of amazing self belive. However now when I hear that ur giving up while u could still try out somewhere else, I really thruly think ur a coward. Now I know I might not understand some things (money/political/family situation), and also if u didn't love football I guess u aren't a coward, but in that case u shouldn't have started in the first place.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

hey i didn't mean leaving the game, i meant leaving career...
three other friends called me today to come to their clubs...
two of them call me to clubs that are in same division with that club i've been to practice, so i'd have a chance to show their coach that he was wrong for not accepting me... :D
and the third one calls me to play for professional team in his village near belgrade... their first team is in the same league as the club i'm currently registered to... but i can't travel 20km just for practice... :D
i'd just give the last shot in these two clubs...

jcdenton
Veteran Member

OK, i've bought the movie called "GOAL!" on DVD and i started to really love football....
i've DECIDED: both football and triathlon....
and i'll give my best to play in some club that is in 2nd national league... my ex coach said that only if i want to start listening to what coaches say i can be excellent left back... i'll show all the coaches that i am good enough, and i'll score in the match against that club whose coach said that he has better players...
thank you guys for your support.... i was just depressed...
this may sound funny or childish, but, i want, and i believe that i can, reach national U21 team in few years... i just need a real chance, like the one Santiago had in the movie ("GOAL!").... i have the quality, i just need a chance... i told many times before that i have 2 neighbours that used to play for national U15 squad... one of them is now in U17 squad... and they both agree that i am better football potential than they are, but i lack real chance... and they would recommend me to their coaches, but in serbia things just don't go that way...