rugby or american football?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Which sport is physically tougher?

rugby
71%
american football
29%

Total votes: 42

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Which sport do you think is tougher american football or rugby?? and why?

i think rugby is tougher because they have less padding and rest less than football players do. its just tackle after tackle and there are less pauses in the game. american football is too boring to watch they need to stop every two seconds. However, some tackles in american football are pretty tough, but since they have padding its not as hard. in rugby they dont have much protection. i think that's dangerous.
Last edited by *~El Maestro~* on 29 Oct 2005, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Piccadilly

i somewhat enjoy american football but i would watch rugby if i could. It is definately rougher.
12-2-1 with 4goals and ten assists

peps1154
Veteran Member

as a person who watched and knows the rules of both sports I will say that rugby is thougher but football is funner to watch for me because of all the diffrent possible scenarios (long runs, turn overs, chalenge plays, etc) however nothing beats SOCCER.

alio

haha---yea obviously you can tell that I love rugby. I think that American football sux, its so boring and as one of you guys said, there are constant stops. Rugby has a lot of skill in it too. And there can be some really great plays too. But yes I agree, nothing can beat soccer!
boom shakalak

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

American football cus my boys and me always play tackle football its hella tite . rugby to me looks kinda gay and complicated.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Rugby is definetlely tougher because they have like no pads on, u gotta be real muscle head to play that sport cause its looks dangerous

Piccadilly

i play tackle football with my friends like every weekend cause they dont play soccer and we create all these scenarios and different versions, because we only have three guys including me but rugby is definately tougher and i definately dont think its gay.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Boy that's kinda tough uh... I like Rugby & American Football
but I haven't heard of any one dying from playing Rugby. In American Football you could die from any tackel Like your head hits the other guy's
or stuff like that but in Rugby you don't wear no where near as much pads
(pussys :wink: ) They're both fun to play so I'm just gonna say both
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

soccer dude900

yae nothing beats soccer but if i had to chose wich one is rugher it would be rugby all the way american football is so full of pads and rugby barely any pads are used

matt
EF Forum Legend

R9KEvinR9 wrote:American football cus my boys and me always play tackle football its hella tite . rugby to me looks kinda gay and complicated.
i dont see how rugby can be any more complicated than american football.......american sports have too may rules. basketball would be more fun if it wasn't as complicated...like 3 seconds in the key, 24 seconds to shoot....6 seconds out of your own half....too much to think about......i still play it though.....

when it comes down to it, rugby is more physically demanding, and there is a lot more skill and team play involved. and it's more international, played all over the world, whereas american football is barely played outside of the us. plus the players aren't as overpaid.
Last edited by matt on 21 Dec 2005, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

soccerlocker
New User

peps1154 wrote:however nothing beats SOCCER.
soccer is the #1 sport in the world

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

i love both. i think theyre is more skill in certain positions in foorball such as QB and WR and blocking takes skill. and its defantely more of a tactical game no question. rugby wen played right is fantastic but it can also be slow and without any pace and u kinda can predict wats gunna happen so it really is just a preference. New England Patriots Super bowl Champs 3 outta 4. BC HIGH National Rugby Championship Runners Up 2001
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Piccadilly wrote:i play tackle football with my friends like every weekend cause they dont play soccer and we create all these scenarios and different versions, because we only have three guys including me but rugby is definately tougher and i definately dont think its gay.
they only time i play football is on Madden NFL. I dont play it in real life but i have played it in the past. It was fun too

Piccadilly

ii cant understand how some of you guys think football is tougher, its rediculous, i love my football but come on- in Rugby there are few rules of how to get the ball away from someone etc. football you stop like every 5 seconds and take a 50 second break, how is it being a pussy to where less pads. i mean in the NFL there is a rule against tackling on the collar-what the fu**!
but sorry guys, football and rugby i have to say are equally as cool or even football is cooler but rugby is much tougher.

nothin beats soccer

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

rugby is a billion times tougher. then again, american football players do have to lug around those heavy pads, so it may end up equal :) . seriously though, i think i have an equation for american football, for anyone interested in math. american football = rugby - pads - rules + REAL men. not those overpaid wimps that are more concerned with their new "bling" jewelry than with making it to the cup final (superbowl). american football is a safer version of rugby, but with more complicated rules.
Hala Galacticos