Mentally aggressive

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
soccerdvl18
New User

hi, does anyone know any tips on how to get ready mentally to play aggressive and tough thanx!! :D[/b]

ben

soccerdvl18 wrote:hi, does anyone know any tips on how to get ready mentally to play aggressive and tough thanx!! :D[/b]
im having the same problem, im fine in training and i get stuck in loads but at matches its lyk im not der, my friend sed think of things that have annoyed u and use ur anger as a source of aggression, any1 else got any ideas?
kaka' is a legend!

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

this topic should be moved to lifestyle. a moderator should fix this

peps1154
Veteran Member

I got a few tips

Last year I was on my school team and I too good at practice was virtually unexisted in games, after the season I reflacted on this and came to the conclusion that u can't be nervous, u got to have fun, and most importantly u can't be everywhere. Dont run to the balll let the ball come to u.

This season I refered to this info in my first game and I scored 2 times in a 3-2 loss. My next game is on Monday.

adam #17
Sophomore Member

I step on the field knowing I'm the best player on it. You gotta think like this: "I fu**ing own these fu**s. It's showtime." -- you need to believe in yourself, and know that you're better than your opponents. I have a game in London tommorow and I am going to fu**ing rape, baby. :D

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

you should feel confident but not cocky. you will be greatly dissapointed one day if you are a cocky person. it would be like someone who was up high fell down to the ground.

The_Majestic

I'm not great at practices, but I kick the crap out of people in games. I spend hours before a game figuring out how I'm going to play, who I need to worry about on the other team, etc. Just focusing on the game helps prepare mentally. Soccer players need mental toughness, otherwise you can kiss any prayer of going pro away.

J
Admin

The_Majestic wrote:Soccer players need mental toughness, otherwise you can kiss any prayer of going pro away.
Not everyone here is trying to go pro. Alot of people are just trying to improve their game and be the best they can be.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

yea pro is extremely difficult and i just want to play at a good level and have fun. as long as the football is good quality id like to play it but pro is just to high fo rme

The_Majestic

I'm saying that if you want to increase your overall skill, then you need mental toughness.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

of course, dont be intimidated and go out there play your game and dont be afraid to attempt a difficult cross or shot

atl_soccer_star
New User

soccerdvl18 wrote:hi, does anyone know any tips on how to get ready mentally to play aggressive and tough thanx!! :D[/b]
You definately have to remember that its just a game, and have alot of fun. I have heard about this computer program you can buy that like pumps you up for the game, but I think its a hoax.

I would just stick with having fun, and not worrying about winning too much. But, don't get too carried away....stay focused.

ANNA
**Atlanta's Best Female Soccer Player**

madskills
New User

I think one of the best ways to get Prepared Mentally is to LIsten to your Favrite Music and focus on the game as much as posssible. It usually works for me. :)

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

try dancehall, it doesnt pump u up till u would commit murder like rap or rock do but it has rythm and is smoother

mak9

one thing I do is watch lots and lots and lots of soccer games on TV, on the internet, wherever.

Next when you are playing you need to be totally relaxed and focus on your goal, mine is to humiliate the defenders, do a lot of nice one touch passings and score a lot of goals.

Also as adam #17 said you need to think that you are better than all of them, you have to think that you are invencible. And I have to admit, cursing a lot can help too (but not out loud :wink: ). You guys should see the movie Raging Bull :wink: .