Intelligent rants or something on your mind?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Post Reply
J
Admin
Posts: 1696
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post

LYM.randy wrote: I would suggest that you rethink your opinion, rather than being insulted by the point I am about to make.
Before I respond to your previous post, please go on with your point here. (I highly doubt I will be insulted) :)

LYM.randy
Senior Member
Posts: 145
Joined: 06 May 2006, 06:27
Location: washington DC

Post

I thought I made the point already. I stated that your opinions about evolution expressed in your last post are the foundations of eugenics.

af2266
Moderator
Posts: 280
Joined: 13 Mar 2005, 23:02
Location: plant city, florida

Post

J wrote:
interista wrote:i dont agree humans could kill many species of plants and animals yet could help them by watering them or giving them food.
This is really insignficant because the way the eco-system works is a natural process. There is no need for humans to water or feed anything.

Large mammels (which is what we are) are not nearly as important as lets say birds or insects. If you took all the humans off the planet, the planet would actually start thriving even more.

If you took all the insects off the earth, then there would be numerous living things that would die off (because they feed of of insects), which would pretty much affect everything. There wouldn't be nearly as many fruits and vegetables (insects pollinate). Insects are one of the main balances of nature.

Also lets say for some reason sunlight is not able to break through anymore and everything dies off on earth, insects would be the main thing for life to eventually start back up, because alot them would be able to survive during that time without sunlight.
This is true, but what about the fact that Insects have so many different species, and humans are just one species. It wouldn't be as fair to say the whole speiceis is more important then us because, there are WAY more insects then humans.
some guy yelled at me...

ageorge
Veteran Member
Posts: 338
Joined: 22 Apr 2006, 20:51
Location: N/A

Post

My Philosophy on what isn't right:
The way the world is run and I hate human nature, how idiots are called leaders who throughout human history have just led it into war, famine, and death, and the motivation of those people is for self gain leading to an imbalance in the world such as good countries and 3rd world, when if we just would act rationally and not like fhucking apes then every country could be well off, no need for war or border lines, just the world and having it run in a way to have everyone fed, housed, having transportation, basically what most developed countries have but without the problems they face, people could work together to solve real problems like cancer or disease, and not cry about fhucking stem cell research, when everything possible thing should be used. Also GOD DAM terrorists mother fuckher suicide bombers who kill people People should be working for a common goal of living in a great world. I would eliminate patriotism (why is your country better than everyone else in the world?), large buisiness greed, and idiots. The world doesnt have to be perfect people are still going to do dumb sh*t like rape young girls but it would be better if the world worked together. This world could be amazing,every part of it,but people are too fhucking dumb to realize it.

A-man147
Moderator
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 22:12

Post

its ok to attack the people doing this but do NOT attack the religion.
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post

:roll:
Last edited by ajc on 02 Dec 2006, 01:11, edited 1 time in total.

A-man147
Moderator
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 22:12

Post

yeah i know, i just edited it
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

ageorge
Veteran Member
Posts: 338
Joined: 22 Apr 2006, 20:51
Location: N/A

Post

To tell you the truth I really don't care. Its in their religion not to kill people, yet they do it anyway, and what good has religion in general done when so many people have gotten killed over it, and for god's sake he (muhammad) used force to convert people to islam do you know the story behind it? He went to one town, Mecca and they didn;t believe him and he was harrassed but he left and went to another they believed his story, they got together and used force to convert people, and its not trying to be offensive its fact. I'm not sure if I've ever heard of Jesus holding a sword... not all people take it too far but too many muslims do, and they are terrible offensive to me and other christians one of my biggest peeves is that we allow them to settle in europe but they still harass christians in their horrible countries that smell like goat shiiit. Religion wasn't supposed to justify murder, I guess that's one of its biggest flaws and I'm not just talking about Islam. It all goes back to my earlier post, if we would just forget our differences it wouldn't go to those levels but humans as a species aren't that rational.

ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post

A-man147 wrote:yeah i know, i just edited it
Cool, I'll delete my post then. :wink:

Oh, it won't let me delete it, well I changed it at least.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman
Posts: 2801
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 19:39
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post

I agree with you ageorge... but centering upon the Islamic culture is quite stupid. What happened if a bunch of Catholics decided to go suicide bombing for God... would that make it so Christianity is all about suicide bombing? No. So the extremist muslims in fact are not following theair religion, because in the Qur'an it clearly states that Muslims need to be tolerant of Judaism and Christianity, because they are also people of God. Their god Allah is the same exact god as "God", Allah is just the muslim word for God. So really... the whole Islamic culture is being centered on only an extremely small minority of the religion. In total there are about 1 billion Muslims (this isn't an estimate, it is the truth,) and there are probably something like 10,000 Islamic suicide bombers. So let's make a ratio of suicide bombers to normal Muslims. The ratio is 1 suicide bomber to every ten thousand peaceful Muslims. Are you still going to call Muslims bastards now?
So as for your argument about peace... I'm all with you!

ageorge
Veteran Member
Posts: 338
Joined: 22 Apr 2006, 20:51
Location: N/A

Post

Are you still going to call Muslims bastards now?
You are pretty young and probably are't up with history and current events, muslims are not tolerant of Christians, if you don't believe me look at Turkey, Iran, Libya.... but we grant them the right to whatever they want in the West, dam, muslims can even say the west is evil on the streets of london and if you say muslims suck you are all of a sudden a prejudice person. Also you should look into current trends in muslim growth, they have had a huge amount of immigration into europe and are starting to lessen european culture, a family member of mine in england was shocked that 2 NEW mosques were put up in this small city with a very large cathedral. Its no surprise terrorism in europe has increased too....
but centering upon the Islamic culture is quite stupid. What happened if a bunch of Catholics decided to go suicide bombing for God... would that make it so Christianity is all about suicide bombing?
This defienently wouldn't happen suicide is not approved by Catholics for any reason.
So really... the whole Islamic culture is being centered on only an extremely small minority of the religion. In total there are about 1 billion Muslims (this isn't an estimate, it is the truth,) and there are probably something like 10,000 Islamic suicide bombers. So let's make a ratio of suicide bombers to normal Muslims. The ratio is 1 suicide bomber to every ten thousand peaceful Muslims.
Yes, and I never said there weren't peaceful muslims I know a few, but for the most part they only come from countries in the west were they were born and raised. If you ever go to Libya or Iran or another place like that tell me how they respond to you first being a westerner and a christian.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman
Posts: 2801
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 19:39
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post

I may be young... but I am quite smart for my age, not to brag. I studied Islamic culture for the last 6 weeks in school, and we study things ranging from the Qur'an, to current events happening there right now. I can tell you that Muslims truly are peaceful people... and that we are only hearing the bad news, not the daily lives of normal Muslims. If Muslims started to all become suicide bombing, Christian-hating, anti-semitic, rebels, I think that they would have pretty much abandoned their religion, because not hurting people, and being especially nice to Christians and Jews is directly written into the Qur'an. I highly doubt that. On these forums alone I have seen some Muslims say that they wish all Islamic terrorists were dead. It is very irrational to stereotype a religion off of that minority of 10,000 people. Just my opinion mate... but let's keep it without insulting eachother... I just like arguing with someone who can give good points of view, and you are on of those people :D . Peace.

A-man147
Moderator
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 22:12

Post

ageorge wrote:To tell you the truth I really don't care. Its in their religion not to kill people, yet they do it anyway, and what good has religion in general done when so many people have gotten killed over it, and for god's sake he (muhammad) used force to convert people to islam do you know the story behind it? He went to one town, Mecca and they didn;t believe him and he was harrassed but he left and went to another they believed his story, they got together and used force to convert people, and its not trying to be offensive its fact. I'm not sure if I've ever heard of Jesus holding a sword... not all people take it too far but too many muslims do, and they are terrible offensive to me and other christians one of my biggest peeves is that we allow them to settle in europe but they still harass christians in their horrible countries that smell like goat shiiit. Religion wasn't supposed to justify murder, I guess that's one of its biggest flaws and I'm not just talking about Islam. It all goes back to my earlier post, if we would just forget our differences it wouldn't go to those levels but humans as a species aren't that rational.
listen buddy get your facts striaght he didnt force them to become muslim, he just took the land that belonged to him and his people because they kicked him and his followers out. and other religons say not to kill but you have other people killing others...go to a jail and tell me how much of the murderers are muslim, and we believe in jesus too, we just dont believe he is gods son. So get your facts straight before you post cause you just look like an idiot.
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

Jack-of-all-trades
Senior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: 19 Feb 2006, 03:02
Location: Malaysia

Post

I also studied a bit on Islamic history in my school's history subject. Actually, the Prophet Muhammad was not kicked off by the Banu Quraish, the dominant local tribe in Arab. It's Allah's order for him to leave Mecca and emigrate to Medina which is then called the Hijra.

Muhammad didn't force the people to adopt the religion. He allowed the Jews, Christians and Quraysh to continue to adopt their faith, with the condition that they would obey the Medina Constitution which specified the rights and duties of all citizens and the relationship of the different communities in Medina (including that of the Muslim community to other communities).

In 628 the Meccan tribe of Quraish and the Muslim community in Medina signed a truce called the Treaty of Hudaybiyya. Despite improved relations between Mecca and Medina after the signing of the Treaty of Hudaybiyya, a 10 year peace was to be broken by Quraish who, with their allies, the tribe of Bakr, attacked the tribe of Khuza'ah who were allies of the Muslims. This broke the treaty which forbad any fighting between Muslim, Quraysh and their allies. This lead to the assault on Mecca.

During the conquest of Mecca, Muhammad ordered his soldiers to only attack military personnel and no killing of innocent civilians is allowed. Looting and destroying civilian properties was also prohibited for them. They are compulsory to stop the fighting if the enemy surrenders. All this were stated in the Quran.
Furthermore, he takes no prisoners and almost every surrendered Quraish tribesman was set free. In other words, the Meccans surrendered peacefully.
The primary leader of the Quraish in Mecca, Abu Sufyan ibn al-Harb converted to Islam and Muhammad announced

"Who enters the house of Abu Sufyan will be safe, who lays down arms will be safe, who locks his door will be safe".

Next, this was what the prophet spoke to the Quraish.

"I speak to you in the same words as Joseph spoke to his brothers. This day there is no reproof against you; Go your way, for you are free."[4]

Very soon, Muhammad's prestige grew after the surrender of the Meccans.

All the things I typed above may just be some bulls**t, but at least it clearly shows that Islam is a peace religion, even in times of war. It tolerates other religion and society.

By the way, I would definitely disagree that Islam taught it's believers to wipe out all non-believers, or infidels as the extremists said. In my country alone, people,regardless of their religion, considered the acts of the terrorists as a sin to the God(s). On the other hand, more than 95% of Malaysian Muslims themselves thought of the extremists as just some sort of non-believers of Islam. Why? For killing countless lives in the name of God when the real Islam religion had already stated that Muslims could only kill only as a last resort and as a way of self-defence. Even the usual slaugthering of poultry must be first preceded by reading verses from the holy book, only then it is considered "halal" or consumable to Muslims. In my opinion, the idea of hurting someone else in the name of God is 100% immature and stupid. From that, I could just beat anyone's brains out or f**k any girl I dig and claim that God told me to do so. If everything is permitted in the name of God, do we ever need laws?

Also, sometimes some people do misunderstand the term "Islamic country". You know, they sometimes thought that in such countries, Islam is everything. The laws are all based on the religion and everyone must do according to most Muslims do, regardless of their religion, e.g: prohibited to wear sexy clothes, have pork meat, drink alcoholic beverage, etc. I don't know much about other Islamic countries but to tell the truth, the term "Islamic country" doesn't stop Malaysians from enjoying the luxuries of modern life. To be exact, in Malaysia, although Islam is the official religion, it doesn't even mean that every Malaysian citizen must stick to Islamic rituals. Take me for example. I'm a Chinese. I could still have pork meat and drink alcoholic beverage (now I can't as I'm under-aged) since the sale and consume of pork meat and alcoholic drinks are allowed here and are only prohibited to Muslims. Young girls, even including those of Muslims, could still wear tight and sexy clothes with the condition that it does not overexpose body parts ( like a swimsuit does, that's why I've never seen any Muslim woman having splashing fun in a pool or near the beach). Plus, the government is fair enough on giving away public holidays for each major occasions, such as the Muslim Ramadan festival, Chinese New Year, and Indian Deepavali celebrations. To make it short, everyone in Malaysia is free to adopt his or her religion and cultural rituals, as long as they obey the constitution and the laws. After all, it's just a matter of respect on each other's religion and culture. I respect you, you respect me. Simple.

Talking about traditional or orthodox Islamic laws, only some of them were used in our country, and they are only limited to Muslims. I know some of you would say that according to Islamic context, the punishment for burglary is chopping off your hands. I don't know about other countries, but I can tell you that in Malaysia, such cruel punishment is definitely not applied. In this country, the laws are based on......you know, humanity stuff. To us, religion is an important spiritual guide in life but not the world. :idea:
Joga Bonito is the way I play.

ageorge
Veteran Member
Posts: 338
Joined: 22 Apr 2006, 20:51
Location: N/A

Post

So get your facts straight before you post cause you just look like an idiot.
I look like an idiot? Please tell me the facts that you know to prove me wrong. and give me your sources. Because until then you look like a retard who's letting their emotion get control over them. Oh and ever been in a real discussion/debate?
he didnt force them to become muslim, he just took the land that belonged to him

Wow this gave me a good laugh :lol:
Dam man you must be from MIT or Cal Tech right!!
On these forums alone I have seen some Muslims say that they wish all Islamic terrorists were dead. It is very irrational to stereotype a religion off of that minority of 10,000 people.
Yes I am sure they are peaceful as I said earlier but tell me how many of the people in the forum are from countries that are all Islamic? In an earlier post I said the peaceful ones for the most part are from the West and a few are in those Islamic countries but look at how they treat Jews, Christians ok?

Post Reply