The Game-Neil Strauss

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
p793
Veteran Member

The Game-Neil Strauss

Post by p793 » 20 Dec 2012, 17:56

Something I have been interested in since last spoke to people on here...
Has anyone else read this/share an interest in the art of PU?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Re: The Game-Neil Strauss

Post by panchester07 » 21 Dec 2012, 20:45

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha,

Sorry, couldn't help myself, really don't pay a cent for that sh*t its bulls**t, take it from someone thats been there... the title is the funnyest "penetrating the secret society of bla bla bla ", its a manipulating title, a story made by 4 guys that live in a dorm, and go out and hit on chick, and apparently bring them back home, thats probably like 25% of the houses in california, but they call it " proyect" so you see how they work, they are manipulating individuals that will give you a list of uselless concepts like:

"neg the target": take a negative hit on the girl, to "show her that you are one of the few thats not giving her compliments", you're different.

"peacocking": use a fancy accesory, be it a funny hat, some weird glasses, or whatever, to prove to the people, and specially the women in the venue, that you can handle the "social pressure" of being the centre of attention

bla bla, these guys are people, that wont to bring you the "step by step" "18 week program" "money back guaranteed" "simple process" yeah my ass, and your mind, just loves the idea, about following a 3 year process to become an "alpha", im gonna be direct with you, i think you shouldn't get your belief's out there, because you are bait to all the stupidness out there, try this, loose weight! you need this! no, everytime you see those types of things, ask yourself do i need it?

because to me the seducation community was a hit, untill i grew older a little and saw that at the most it works in the 7th grade, its a joke, its not real life, you can't follow a set of routines for picking up girls, becoming better in school or anything, so get of your ass and start getting couple rejections, if you really want to listen to some one preach about seduction, life style, alphaness life of abundance, and teach how to give yourself your own validation and never seek it outisde i suggest you to listen to Owen Cook or Tyler Durden (they are the same guy) from RSD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGyTYxf_ajQ

here's a random video, you can watch days of free videos as well, but then again this is if you want, you can take another path and become brilliant in life without having to pay anybody money. the only things these dudes do is they charge you for helping yourself find out that you were always awesome you just didn't know it.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 22 Dec 2012, 06:41

Seems like an interesting subject. However I feel that if you have to be consciously thinking about moves and how to seduce a girl then something is seriously wrong. Hooking up in general requires mutual interest to work - otherwise it probably won't lead to anything good. Also, there is a certain psychological security that books like this provide. In a sense that, if you get rejected then there's nothing wrong you - you just didn't follow the prescribed rules. So it's more about buying into the view that you a "secret pickup artist" instead of a dude who is desperately trying to get chicks. I mean it does sound cool, but it's probably not very realistic to believe books like that.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 23 Dec 2012, 04:42

I can understand what you mean...I mean things like this i'm usually skeptical about...but I dunno man, thought I could brush up on my game a bit, so I started reading into it and to be fair, although they utilize the fact they can make huge profit from the industry, there is a lot of helpful information.

I'm reading Mystery method at the moment and not only is cool to read some of his experiences/techniques, but the psychology side of it is also pretty cool, he's obviously spent years and years of observing and testing the material he writes about...for example his study on s and r is very intresting.

you could say its b/s just a money making scheme, but these people do have a genuine skillset, there is videos of them available and people who have followed them showing live recordings etc, yeah it's not as easy to do what these books claim but the area itself isn't just a money making plot, people like Mystery/Tyler Durden have good information in the books/programs they write which can help a lot if used correctly. I don't have too bad game myself, but some of the things I've picked up from these books have helped me and some of the stuff does infact work, peacoking- it may be blown out of proportion etc, but wearing one unusual item, an item that others dont like cool necklace or whatever, it does give an excuse for women to come and talk to you if she's interested in you.

on the whole thing of having to memorise techniques, yeah i understand what you mean, but i think its more like reading material in the books and then acting accordingly because of what you have read, let the conversations flow like any normal interaction, but certain things you will notice and you will be prepared for how to respond.

overall i think the books are interesting and do provide good information, however the prices you pay are ridiculous.. i think tyler durden sells a dvd for thousands of dollars...anyway the leaders of this field know how to make money, but i don't think its all just gibberish, they are simply taking advantage of people willing to learn there skillset which infact does exist

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 23 Dec 2012, 16:23

Hey, sorry I didn't mean to come off as a prick. Yes, you're right little things like wearing something weird as a conversation starter is totally cool.
My issue is with the general view of manipulating girls. It's just not realistic. Also, wouldn't it be better to find a chick that likes you when you're not trying/pretending? :)
This is sort of off the topic, but staying genuine is actually much harder than it seems, especially in socially uncomfortable situations.