2012 in Music

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
bsc
Veteran Member

2012 in Music

Post by bsc » 12 Dec 2012, 13:31

Hey folks, seeing as we're getting towards Awards Season, I though it would be fun to reflect on the great music that has been released over the past year. However, I tend to be stuck in the past when it comes to music, so I could use some of your input! Below is a list of my top 5 new albums from the past year.

Channel Orange - Frank Ocean
The Only Place - Best Coast
Is Your Love Big Enough? - Lianne La Havas
Celebration Rock - Japandroids
Be the Void - Dr. Dog

I'd love to hear what your favorite albums of the year were!
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

scottS4
Veteran Member

Re: 2012 in Music

Post by scottS4 » 12 Dec 2012, 14:03

Macklemore's new album "The Heist" was definitely my favourite album of the year, maybe even my all-time favourite. and I'm not even a big fan of rap.

I thought "Babel" by Mumford and Sons was good as well.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 12 Dec 2012, 14:28

I haven't really listened to any albums from this year but I did listen to Deftones newest effort "Koi No Yokan" and it is fantastic. This band just keeps getting better and better as time goes on.

If you are a fan of them I would definitely recommend this album and if you like alternative metal with some ambient/ethereal aspects then you would love this album. Possibly their best album to date.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 12 Dec 2012, 19:29

Channel Orange is one of my favorite albums this year. Kendrick Lamar's G.O.O.D. Kid Maad City is pretty good too.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 13 Dec 2012, 15:33

Ahh bsc, my brother in music!

From the albums I've heard, The Killers Battle Born is pretty decent. Doesn't really compare to Sam's Town or Hot Fuss, but it's miles better than Day & Age. Brandon Flowers has really found his voice again.

Stars are probably my favourite band, and they've made up for their recent efforts with The North. If you're into smooth, sort of indie orchestral pop, I highly recommend it. Metric's Synthetica was also pretty complete an effort.

Passion Pit's Gossamer takes the cake for album of the year for me, though. Fantastic, this. So upbeat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_IY6EouGtw

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!