Screw You Quatar Foundation

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
klc123
Veteran Member

Screw You Quatar Foundation

Post by klc123 » 17 May 2011, 22:56

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 17 May 2011, 23:06

Just saw this yesterday, it's horrible.

UNICEF is now on the back, in the worst looking zone ever.

Also the stripes are too narrow for my liking :(
Everything you need, is already inside.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 17 May 2011, 23:15

the black isn't the worst but the red/blue shirt holy christ.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 17 May 2011, 23:17

Qatar gave Barca millions for a shirt sponsor and a sly vote in the world cup proceedings.

A shocking shirt was probably a stunt to cover the conspiracy :P :P :P

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 17 May 2011, 23:32

Yeah, I guess you are gonna have to deal with cheaters in Europe next-/- oh wait sorry, Liverpool couldn't come in the top four.

It is a seriously ugly kit tbh, the away kit would be alrite if it didn't have quatar foundation on the front. Home kit is a disgrace. Already on the forums Barca fans have said they are all just going to keep wearing the home kit from last season.

tbh I would rather see the club not buy anyone in summer than have an Islamic corruption and terrorism branded across our chest...

thing that annoys me the most is the fact that last years kit minus the yellow collars would have been perfect, but nike felt the need to try fix whats not broken as usual.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 17 May 2011, 23:34

I dont think Qatar Foundation should be blamed for this. Nike are the shirt designers and they have definitely designed better ones in the past.

This design shows too much bias to the one colour. The shirt should be more balanced in my opinion.

QF's only involvement in the shirt design is the logo. As for the logo itself....conventionally, those who give you money have higher priority over those who get money from you in this world.

I personally dont find the design to have the instantly like-able quality that the previous ones have had. Its prolly gonna be an aquired taste after watching a few games and letting it's weirdness settle in my head.

However, for once, I love the away jersey! No more fruity and bright colours like lady at the crosswalk, orange, peach, some kind of blue berry ice cream.........black is so menacing. I would love to see Barca rape in the away jersey.......it will be like the Black Death, and the fact that Messi's moniker is La Pulga blows my mind away at this thought :lol:

tbh I would rather see the club not buy anyone in summer than have an Islamic corruption and terrorism branded across our chest...
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..........sigh

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 17 May 2011, 23:37

Lol nice connection with the atomic flea.

The black kit would be really nice if it still had Unicef logo on the front and broke it up a bit by having trims or something.

I'm still pissed with the whole QF thing. Unicef represents so many of the morals behind the club, and to see that go for such a small amount of money is just an insult.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 17 May 2011, 23:47

It still doesnt give you the right to make outlandish claims like that without conclusive evidence. Its really funny how show concern towards morals yet totally jump the gun when its time to unnecessarily slander someone.

Besides, the morals that UNICEF represents is not gone. The team will still be involved in charitable events and do promotions for this organization in the football community as usual. We just needed some outside help so FC Barcelona could continue to sponsor UNICEF.

If anything, UNICEF and the children it supports should write a thank you note to QF

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 18 May 2011, 12:11

klc123 wrote:Yeah, I guess you are gonna have to deal with cheaters in Europe next-/- oh wait sorry, Liverpool couldn't come in the top four.
Losing fairly...VELLLY NIYTTHH! HOW MUCH?!?!

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 18 May 2011, 18:37

^no.

And Shahensha, I don't care. If you believe them to be outlandish claims then fine, but I don't.
If anything, UNICEF and the children it supports should write a thank you note to QF

:roll:

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 18 May 2011, 20:23

klc123 wrote:^no.

And Shahensha, I don't care. If you believe them to be outlandish claims then fine, but I don't.

:roll:
lol wow you understood that i was joking.

Also I am saying they have to be outlandish claims or else Barca wont get Qatar Foundation to sponsor them.

If one finds analogies to be helpful, then only an israeli news network spreading sh*t about an organization from an islamic country is like Marca slandering FC Barcelona from Barcelona, isnt it?

Perhaps Busquet`s would have been charged for the whole `racist` remarks to marcelo if it came from more than one source. UEFA rejected it because the evidence wasnt concrete enough. If other unbiased news networks like BBC or CNN say the same, then there is a strong case for terrorism and corrupt activities. Based on those ideas, Barcelona would have gotten some other rich organization instead of one that misinterprets a religion of peace and ignores the fundamental values of Islam.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 18 May 2011, 21:02

Don't bring Religion into it...I was talking about terrorism, that is completely different to Islam as a Religion. I fear if we go further into Religious "conversation" we will just argue about what we feel is right and wrong about the Religion.

There are serious allegations from all directions that FIFA is corrupt, yet no one can prove nor do anything about it, because of the money behind them. There is another analogy for you.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 18 May 2011, 21:12

klc123 wrote:Don't bring Religion into it...I was talking about terrorism, that is completely different to Islam as a Religion. I fear if we go further into Religious "conversation" we will just argue about what we feel is right and wrong about the Religion.
klc123 wrote: tbh I would rather see the club not buy anyone in summer than have an Islamic corruption and terrorism branded across our chest...
you mentioned it right there :lol:
klc123 wrote:There are serious allegations from all directions that FIFA is corrupt, yet no one can prove nor do anything about it, because of the money behind them. There is another analogy for you.
that is from all sources. the allegations for Qatar are from one source. i cant make an analogy out of it things dont match up ofcourse.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 18 May 2011, 21:18

Islamic corruption and terrorism is a form of terrorism/oppression. QF are hardly going to be supporting Catholic terrorism in northern Ireland are they.

Don't mistake me to be one of the many racist schmucks who believe the only thing wrong with the world is Muslims. I am certainly not one of those people. I do however believe that there is a very sour side to QF, and to be totally honest the way Qatar as a country itself.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 19 May 2011, 10:56

klc...baby,

UNICEF will still be working their magic for years to come through the club. Shahensha is right