Your Ultimate Top 5 Thread

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 13 May 2011, 22:48

The Russian and Ukranian Leagues have soem great sides and are very good to watch. Painful sometimes because it loks so cold.

Malaga is one of the coolest places in Spain. Love Malaga!

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 13 May 2011, 23:29

yeah bro, i am hoping they make it big soon and challenge for the europa league spot. pelegrini is all about attacking football with possession and midfield consistency. their new owners are filthy rich too so they might get some quality players in a few seasons. its that arab money :lol:

Dynamo Kiev from the ukranian league are fun to watch. They have all that Brazilian flair.

Greenstar
Sophomore Member

Post by Greenstar » 14 May 2011, 14:36

If you guys watch this video, you gonna love him. He plays for Lokomotiv Moscow. http://youtu.be/1PY9joLjLkE

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 May 2011, 15:12

collin wrote: La Liga has alot of teams that nobody knows about, on the other hand people know some of the mid table teams in the epl like newcastle and bolton. Teams like malaga aren't going to be madrid or barcelona, but in the epl even the worst teams like west ham beat manchester united and chelsea every once in awhile, thats what makes it quite entertaining, everyone has a chance.
Just because you are ignorant doesn't mean that no body has heard of these teams.

A good judge is the Europa league, where the Spanish equivalents of teams like Fulham destroy English clubs.

The "two horse race" argument is something only English people say. The only difference between EPL and La liga is that in La liga the top two teams are the two best teams in the world, and most of the teams throughout the league are better than their equivs in the EPL.

And you clearly don't watch la liga, hercules went to Camp nou and won 2-0, only team to do that this season collin. I think Hercules would destroy a team like Wolves or Blackpool...

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 14 May 2011, 15:42

thats exactly what i mean. Notice how you wrote "the only team to do that" do you get my point now? maybe not? or are you going to go on google and search for all the teams that beat manchester united this year at home to try and prove me wrong again? why do you feel such a need to win and control every thread. I really do hope you go to bed everynight happy that you called me ignorant on these forums again.
Quite frankly i believe your the ignorant one. You come and look through threads only caring about what you think and what you have to say. Then when someone posts something in arguement to them you go on google and give these little sh*t statistics nobody really cares about. Cool, thats your opinion, now lets move on and quit picking forum fights with everyone on here. Trust me, alot of people agree with me. So go ahead klc, reply to this post and break down every little bit of the things i have just said. After all, its what you do. Have fun. Oh and remember, come up with something good, so when you exit the internet you can think to yourself "oh i got him this time" and i will sit here on my labtop and laugh at you thinking that you thought you "put me in my place"
Last edited by collin on 14 May 2011, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 14 May 2011, 15:52

collin wrote:i don't think its so much statistics. La Liga has alot of teams that nobody knows about, on the other hand people know some of the mid table teams in the epl like newcastle and bolton. Teams like malaga aren't going to be madrid or barcelona, but in the epl even the worst teams like west ham beat manchester united and chelsea every once in awhile, thats what makes it quite entertaining, everyone has a chance. Obviously every team controls its own destiny in the la liga but i think you get what i mean
Exactly. I have read many times on this forum that epl has better marketing world-wide, which is why its more famous.....I think one of those were in Ratherton's rant......he hates the EPL and UEFA CL with a passion lol

My point is that, la liga shares those similarities with epl as well. Hercules beat Barca in the camp nou in their first season in the premier division but now they are surely going back to the second. With their victory against Barca early in the season and players like Trezeguet, Nelson Valdes and Drenthe......everyone was expecting them to do well this season but they did terribly.

Man Zaragoza and Gijon beat madrid at home this season. Those teams are still fighting relegation. Zaragoza is definitely in the danger zone. Teams do pull off some unexpected sh*t in the league like any other. Its what football is all about.

Getting three points in certain areas like Getafe or Mallorca is a bit difficult. Other areas like in Pamplona against Osasuna or in San Mames stadium against Atheletic Bilbao, its tooooo difficult. Dont go by the past two seasons, the top two struggle to get good results here as well........even malaga who is on a role wont defeat them tomorrow (if they do, then pellegrini is the fu**ing man and baptista truly is the beast....but i highly doubt it lol)

It took many years for Madrid to finally beat Deportivo when Pellegrini was in charge and same with Barcelona getting a double against Espanyol

Last season Mallorca made it to the europa spot for the first time but had to bail out because they didnt have the money.

This season Levante is in good position to stay in the first division. They are one of those sh*tty teams who have been in the second division for two seasons until this one. They were written off, much like malaga in the beginning but things have turned around.

Truth be told, I dont know jack sh*t about the EPL cause I never watch it. I know the top 4 but only vaguely. Therefore, I cant really form a proper opinion other than the overused line "oh they are very physical and fast-paced"

That is the main reason why I have to refer to the statistics. I really dont like debating over which league is the best. Its like comparing apples and oranges........they are both fruits in the end, which will give you proper nutrients regardless.......sorry i like to speak like rafiki monkey sometimes :lol:

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 14 May 2011, 16:18

collin wrote:thats exactly what i mean. Notice how you wrote "the only team to do that" do you get my point now? maybe not? or are you going to go on google and search for all the teams that beat manchester united this year at home to try and prove me wrong again? why do you feel such a need to win and control every thread. I really do hope you go to bed everynight happy that you called me ignorant on these forums again.
Quite frankly i believe your the ignorant one. You come and look through threads only caring about what you think and what you have to say. Then when someone posts something in arguement to them you go on google and give these little sh*t statistics nobody really cares about. Cool, thats your opinion, now lets move on and quit picking forum fights with everyone on here. Trust me, alot of people agree with me. So go ahead klc, reply to this post and break down every little bit of the things i have just said. After all, its what you do. Have fun. Oh and remember, come up with something good, so when you exit the internet you can think to yourself "oh i got him this time" and i will sit here on my labtop and laugh at you thinking that you thought you "put me in my place"
not to defend klc but if you are going to call someone out it might help to know the difference between your and you're.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 14 May 2011, 16:25

its the internet. who the fu** cares? why dont we just stick to the topic and not flame each other?

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 May 2011, 17:14

Well none of the teams in the Champions League managed to beat Barcelona at home either, that was my main point, but go ahead and say the Champions league is a 2 horse competition as well.

I don't feel the need to win and control every thread, if that is what you view this as then your perception of things is even more distorted than I believed. I only reply because it really frustrates me when people make ill accusations about things, such as la liga being a 2 horse race, with absolutely no proof or reasoning. :roll:

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 May 2011, 17:29

The only reason people say la liga is a two horse race, is because la liga is a two horse race, and lately a 1 horse race -

economically the other teams can't compete wiith barcelona and madrid, and with all the tv rights and bs the separation will get bigger and bigger - its the barca and madrid league, and then theres another league that starts with valencia -

you can point out little evidence, of how statistically england has had the same winners in the league, (arsenal, chelsea, man u) but you can't deny the english league has less difference between top teams, mid-table teams, and relegating teams - you constantly week in-week out, see "4-3" comebacks, and a bolton-fulham can be like the match of the year, extremely entertaining and filled with action

zaragoza beat madrid in home after the champions league loss to barca and the league almost over, i wouldn't compare that to man utd or chelsea loosing to sunderland or "x and y" team in the middle of the season when they need the points - and england you have more big teams as well - and you can get used to seeing them far in the ucl - chelsea, man utd, and liverpool till a few years ago weren't expected to leave earlier than quarter finals, and you could very often see 3-4 english teams in the semi's

i like la liga its the league i wtch the more, but more exciting, greater football, and best level i would have to agree with everybody that its the premier league
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 14 May 2011, 18:18

In that case, I can say EPL is a two horse race. Its really only chelsea and man united who are consistently challenging for the title each season. Arsenal starts off well and then just fizzes out.

As for economy. Give it some time. Getafe just got bought by a rich fellow in Dubai and Malaga was bought by some fellow in Qatar......these guys are Man City level rich now. Money will come but that doesnt mean that the quality of football played by mid or lower table teams is lesser than their english counterparts.

yes there is less difference between these teams but its the same in La liga too. I would consider your point if the likes of bolton or fulham were pulling off 4-3 comebacks against the top stronger opponents. High scoring come-backs happen every week in la liga too. Take Osasuna's stunning come from behind victory against Sevilla this week.....They came from behind 3-2. Also, I really believe you are exaggerating when you say there are "4-3" comebacks every week....comebacks yes, but not that high scoring :lol:

Are you kidding me? If you start your reserve team that is over a 100 million bucks, you cant lose to a team deep in relegation, especially at home. Fine, what about Gijon then? Why did you conveniently forget about that encounter well before the clasico series? Also lets keep in mind, they were the ones who ended Mourinho's famous record.....without any red card so mourinho couldnt even make an excuse.

Yeah but talk about the persent. Last season there was no english teams in the final 4 of the CL. This season it was only one representative, while Spain had two...........also two representatives of the EPL were knocked out by these spanish clubs on the way to the semi.

So people can get used to seeing EPL teams go far in CL but the sh*tty ones in Europa league dont do well? Shouldnt they be used to that as well?

I would agree that EPL is more exciting because its really fast paced but I dont think the level of technique and ball skills are better than La Liga.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 May 2011, 19:55

As far as I'm concerned, the real Champions League final had already taken place this season and it took place over two legs.

Yes there is a bigger gab between the bottom of the table and the top in spain, but that is only because Barcelona and Real Madrid are the best teams around by miles, If you put either of them into another league in the world, you would get them same result.

People are gonna criticise this, but i believe Real Madrid would win the EPL every season, if Barcelona were not in there of course.

The standard of football in my eyes is better in Germany and Spain than it is in England...It is just sh*t teams like Newcastle and Blackpool kicking lumps out of teams and playing hoof ball in the EPL. I'll say it again, the bottom teams in Spain would smash the bottom teams in England.

styale18

Post by styale18 » 14 May 2011, 20:26

i think la liga just tops out the epl as the best league based on the bottom half of the table

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 May 2011, 20:32

So people can get used to seeing EPL teams go far in CL but the sh*tty ones in Europa league dont do well? Shouldnt they be used to that as well?
Fair play, but its the first time madrid advances in 8 years, and barca was spain's only representative in a long ass time- check the semi final's and its the first time spain had two in semi's since forever -
People are gonna criticise this, but i believe Real Madrid would win the EPL every season, if Barcelona were not in there of course.
Beg to differ- We'll see what happens when on May 28 the team you used to be a year ago beats the team you say you follow now and suprises more than 4 people - or atleast puts a damn epic battle against them -

Its amazing how the evidence is right there, and always has been, but some people don't wanna accept it, how many difference in points is there between Valencia, and Real Madrid, they play they're own freaking league, and to be fair i didn'¡t mention the gijon game, but madrid had like 6 sitters that game and they just couldn't freaking score - they're are matches and they're matches, but the 3rd team in england just beat the champion two weeks ago, liverpool beat the sh*t out of united 3-1 in march, and the best teams sweat and have to work much more to beat the middle table and not top 4 teams much more than in spain-

99 points and 96 points last year for those two makes it more than obvious -

yes there was a 3-2 last week in spain, yes gijon beat madrid, and barca tied levante, WOW, the competivity is still much huger in england, and its a much more unpredictable league than the spainish league -

look at the madrid -atleti derby, madrid won every single one, and thats like saying united- city, prestige wise, they say madrid should start the league with +6 points cause when they play atleti its always victory for them -

and check out how madrid just toyed Valencia 2-6 the other day, and how they just raped Sevilla with no lube for the same score, dancing with Bilbao 0-3 in San Mames with total ease..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 14 May 2011, 20:47

Thats what I am saying. Two years ago before this Galacticos II vs Dream Team II started, It wasnt as easy for Madrid to rape those teams, nor was it easy for Barca to score three goals against Atheletic in San Mames or win at pamplona without difficulty.

As for Atletico. I hear Barcelona B coach and former Barca player Luis Enrique is going to coach them next season. I really hope he gives the mattress-makers some balls.