Your Ultimate Top 5 Thread

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
collin
Veteran Member

Your Ultimate Top 5 Thread

Post by collin » 11 May 2011, 15:13

alright so this is how it works, you name the top five for each topic. ill go first. You can just name the country if you dont feel like naming the league

Top 5 Leagues with most divers
1.italy
2. spain
3. argentina
4. brazil
5. england

Top 5 most physical leagues
1.england
2. united states(now you may hate on me for this but mls is similar to england physically speaking)
3. france
4. germany
5. holland

your all around top 5 favorite leagues to watch
1.england
2. united states
3. spain
4.mexico(very technical)
5. italy

top 5 best leagues right now(and remember there is a difference in your favorite leagues and the ones that are truly the best leagues)

1. england(has more than 2 good teams)
2. spain(only 2 solid teams competing for the cup)
3. germany(on the rise)
4. italy
5. france

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 11 May 2011, 21:10

1.italy
2. spain
3. france
4. brazil
5. england

1. Championship
2. EPL
3. Scotland
4. germany
5. League 1 (npower)

1. EPL
2. Championship
3. npower league 1
4. Bundesliga
5. SPL

top 5 best leagues right now(and remember there is a difference in your favorite leagues and the ones that are truly the best leagues)

1. england(has more than 2 good teams)
2. spain(only 2 solid teams competing for the cup)
3. germany(on the rise)
4. italy
5. Ukranian league

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 11 May 2011, 21:20

most divers:

serie a
la liga
ligue 1
argentina

most physical:

premiership
bundesliga
npower championship
scottish premier league

favourite to watch:

bundesliga
epl
brasileiro
la liga
mls

best leagues:

bundesliga (unpredictable table, not alot of time wasting, good goals, quick ball movement)

epl (best players, fastest pace)

la liga (best team, skillful players)

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 11 May 2011, 22:17

ive never really watched scottish footy i would expect it to be physical though, and thebrilliance insteresting post with the ukranian league

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 12 May 2011, 13:47

1. La Liga
2. Serie A
3. argentina
4. Mexico
5. EPL

1. EPL
2. Scottish league
3. Bundesliga
4. MLS
5. Dutch League

1a. EPL
1b. Bundesliga (I love the Bundesliga)
3. Scottish League
4. La Liga
5. MLS

1. EPL
2. La Liga
3. Bundesliga
4. Serie A
5. French league

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 12 May 2011, 20:44

Alot of people are going on about the MLS. I find it quite an entertaining league and it leaves me dumbfounded when they lose to Aussie teams (LA Galaxy really).

As for the French league, do you guys actually think its that good?

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 12 May 2011, 21:17

yes but the mls also beats good teams sporting kansas city beat manchester united and they were playing most of their starters

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 12 May 2011, 22:57

1. La Liga
2. Serie A
3. Primeira Liga (portugual)
4. Primera División de México
5. ligue 1

1. EPL
2. Scotland
3. Bundesliga
4. Serie A
5. Eredivisie

Top 5 most Dirty Leagues
1. EPL/Scottish league
2.^
3.^^
4.^^^
5.^^^^

1. La Liga
2. Bundesliga
3. Serie A
4. Eredivisie
5. No preference if above not available.

1. La Liga
2. EPL
3. Bundesliga
4. Serie A
5. Ligue 1

It's interesting to see why people have chosen certain leagues as the best, and them compare them with statistics.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 12 May 2011, 23:17

eh what would you say makes la liga the best it's 2 teams from the very beginning at least in the EPL you get more of a race at least it was a 3 horse race this year and even if it's a 2 horse race the 2 can change like when liverpool got close what 2 years ago.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 13 May 2011, 00:42

aight i cant handle the same point over and over again when people defend epl's superiority to la liga. it makes no sense because the tables tend to show similarities much like any other league table.

Even what you mentioned about liverpool finishing second. Villareal finished second 3 years ago and much like liverpool, they went downhill last season when pellegrini ditched them for madrid........now he is making malaga an unstoppable force with julio baptista (saves a team from relegation after being appointed in the second half of the season......i cant believe madrid let go of this genius who put a newly promoted team like villareal on the european map....with beautiful football too!)

take the last decade in both leagues. Both of them have only had 3 different winners.....if you take consider two decades then la liga has more winners but lets look at recent times (2001/2002 - 2010-2011)

Spain: Barcelona (5), Madrid(3), Valencia (2)

EPL: Man United (5), Chelsea (3), Arsenal (2)

if you think thats eerily similar then you should know.....valencia and arsenal won the league in the same seasons.

I think the best way to compare is how they fare in european comeptitions:

UEFA CUP (2001/2002 - 2010-2011)........only one english team has won it and thats liverpool, whereas there have been 3 different la liga teams that have won it: Valencia, Sevilla (2), Atletico Madrid..........this year villareal got to the semi-final but were raped by porto in the first league.

CL (2001/2002 - 2010-2011)

although la liga and serie a have more winners so far , all three leagues have only had 2 clubs who won

Barcelona (2), Madrid

Man United (2), Liverpool

Milan (2), Inter

Also look at the 2010 WC......two out of the best three according to fifa play in La liga

As for 2 horse race nonsense.........we are just living in an era when these two teams are just too good. It has only been the past two seasons where I have seen Barca and Madrid get over 90 points otherwise it would be around the 75 mark like any other top league.

Lastly, my favourite point is that the coach who never lost at home for 9 years in three different leagues, including Serie A and EPL, loses two times at home in the league to Gijon (the same bastards who ended barca's winning record), who are hanging by the threads in avoiding the relegation zone and Real Zaragoza, who might get relegated if they dont win these last two games.

Granted the league is not very physical but its still much better when it comes to technique and skills with the ball.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 13 May 2011, 02:10

i don't think its so much statistics. La Liga has alot of teams that nobody knows about, on the other hand people know some of the mid table teams in the epl like newcastle and bolton. Teams like malaga aren't going to be madrid or barcelona, but in the epl even the worst teams like west ham beat manchester united and chelsea every once in awhile, thats what makes it quite entertaining, everyone has a chance. Obviously every team controls its own destiny in the la liga but i think you get what i mean

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 13 May 2011, 06:18

Woh woh woh. What do we mean by the last list...the best league. Is it the one with the best team or the one with the all round league.

Best team is in La Liga but best all round is EPL.

Interestingly though Thierry Henry and Gudjohnson both stated that in the La Liga any team can beat the top teams, which didnt occur in England. I used to think of it as the other way round, but I think both leagues are semi-unpredictable and the other teams in the EPL are getting stronger year by year.

And whats with this Pelligrini bloke anyway. Some pool fans wanted him...i thought itd be hit and miss. Hes done awesome at Villareal and I thought he did really well at Real. Did one of you say he is doing well again?

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 13 May 2011, 14:30

Yeah, he was appointed around thanksgiving because malaga was absolutely pathetic in the beginning of the season and were 20th for quite some time. They started doing better but still werent safe distance from the relegation zone.

Then he bought julio baptista in the january transfer window. Ever since then malaga's good football has been resulting in tons of goals. Well actually, baptista was injured for quite some time and then he came back last month but ever since then, he has scored in every game so far and Malaga has been on a winning streak.

Their real test will be how they perform against atheletic bilbao in san mames this weekend. Although their promotion is guaranteed, a win there would really seal the deal. Plus, san mames is a tricky place to get three points.

Greenstar
Sophomore Member

Post by Greenstar » 13 May 2011, 16:28

Well, i think Ligue 1 is interesting. The teams were playing fast now. The speed or tempo of the game were also increased. It`s entertaining, especially like team LOSC Lille. Eden Hazard is there. OK, now what you guys think about Russian League? Is it good?

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 13 May 2011, 18:36

i think russian league is right behind the french and italian leagues to be honest. They have good competition there