Osama Dead, what does this mean now?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
mrbeankid22

Osama Dead, what does this mean now?

Post by mrbeankid22 » 02 May 2011, 03:09

News reports have confirmed that Osama Bin Laden has been killed by the United States/Allied Intelligence Forces/CIA. Preliminary news reports say that he was killed at a mansion outside of Islamabad. What do you guys think this means for the future, both in the Mid-East, and in the West.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 02 May 2011, 03:15

to be honest im not sure, i think we go ourselves caught in the sh**ter. This is what will happen. If we do end up leaving the middle-east all together, they are going to develop on their own and eventually bomb us to get back at us for controlling them. Although i dont like the thought of staying there, we need to get it free of terrorism, and just because osama is dead doesnt mean terrorism is gone. Or we could form some kind of treaty and supply them with something and get the fu** out of there

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 02 May 2011, 03:48

This will probably be Obama's legacy. A great achievement for the US, in my opinion. I'm hoping theres no retaliation on the US.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 02 May 2011, 06:36

I cannot believe this day is finally here. I am proud to say one of my family members is in the special operations community, and having full knowledge of what kind of sacrifices these guys make to do their job, and all the risks they take, I am humbled.

Unfortunately, this changes very little, it will only instigate more violence, and that violence will be met, and dealt with accordingly by our armed forces. His death will deal a great blow to the Al Qaeda morale, hopefully this is a sign of good things to come for the middle east, cause God knows they need it. Hopefully Gaddafi will follow his sons footsteps to his 70 or so virgin boys, along with Ahmadinejad.

It is unfortunate there is so much bloodshed amongst the middle-east, they share beautiful people and culture, but until they can rid themselves of their extremist leaders, and move towards, I wouldn't say western ideals, but a form of democracy, free of tyranny, there will only be more bloodshed.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 02 May 2011, 07:25

Personally I am pretty appalled at the reaction I've seen in the past few hours. In my area there have been people running around the streets celebrating Osama's death partying and chanting. I hope this development serves to help the U.S. attain our goal of secure national borders and achieving peace abroad- but celebrating the death of a human being in the way I have witnessed tonight feels wrong to me.

What about the 1.5 million people in Iraq and Afghanistan who have been killed since the U.S. began their occupation? What about the 5000 American troops who have been reportedly killed? What about the 1 Trillion dollars+ we have spent on this war while our economy has gone through a recession which has crippled many honest, hardworking families? Hearing the news of Osama's death is a tremendous accomplishment for our military, but it has also caused me to reflect on these sad truths about what has transpired over these years since the tragic death of 3000 in the 9/11 attacks.

I am proud of the troops who were finally able to accomplish the locating of Osama and that they were able to get him without any civilian or American lives being lost during their operation.

It seems like in the short term there could actually be more violence due to what has happened, but in the long run Osama being taken out will prove to be a blow to the organization and strength of Al-Queda (even though it appears he has been more of a figure head than the actual leader/decision maker in recent years).
Click it

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 02 May 2011, 07:34

World War III.
Everything you need, is already inside.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 02 May 2011, 08:01

NATO nearly got Gaddafi this weekend in an airstrike. That would have been a fantastic double.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 02 May 2011, 09:48

Someone else will just replace him.
i was made to ignite

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 02 May 2011, 12:52

ajc wrote:Personally I am pretty appalled at the reaction I've seen in the past few hours. In my area there have been people running around the streets celebrating Osama's death partying and chanting. I hope this development serves to help the U.S. attain our goal of secure national borders and achieving peace abroad- but celebrating the death of a human being in the way I have witnessed tonight feels wrong to me.

What about the 1.5 million people in Iraq and Afghanistan who have been killed since the U.S. began their occupation? What about the 5000 American troops who have been reportedly killed? What about the 1 Trillion dollars+ we have spent on this war while our economy has gone through a recession which has crippled many honest, hardworking families? Hearing the news of Osama's death is a tremendous accomplishment for our military, but it has also caused me to reflect on these sad truths about what has transpired over these years since the tragic death of 3000 in the 9/11 attacks.

I am proud of the troops who were finally able to accomplish the locating of Osama and that they were able to get him without any civilian or American lives being lost during their operation.

It seems like in the short term there could actually be more violence due to what has happened, but in the long run Osama being taken out will prove to be a blow to the organization and strength of Al-Queda (even though it appears he has been more of a figure head than the actual leader/decision maker in recent years).
So, so true. As bad and evil as the man was it just seems slightly inhumane. And the sacrifice as youve mentioned is a great point.

I can understand the US grasping justice and being excited, but for the Al Queada thats gonna piss them off. They hate the West. And one man isnt Al Queada. I just hope it really calms down after this and I pray that less violence occurs.

The thing about Osamas gang was that they killed Muslims too. They were a fo-sho terrorising group. So they dont have a large chunk of a nation behind them like in Libya (by force or choice).

I hope the celebrations in USA calm down and remain quiet.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 02 May 2011, 13:09

I got a little caught up in it, nothing major, just woke everyone up in my house to tell them.

I have some friends who live on campus. They went all out, decked out in USA stuff, chanting, blasted USA songs. I know someone who is in NY and she went down to ground zero, there was a huge crowd and everyone lit candles and sang God Bless America.

Honestly, when I first heard the news I thought about all of my friends who are over there. I have a lot of friends who are infantry in the Army, one is in the Navy, 2 are Marines, and another is in the Air Force. I hope they get to come home soon. And of course the ones who weren't able to come home both from the USA military and our allied militaries.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 02 May 2011, 14:52

mint wrote:Someone else will just replace him.

We'll kill him too.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 03 May 2011, 00:37

Zlatan5 wrote:
mint wrote:Someone else will just replace him.

We'll kill him too.
Nah us english need some fun were gonna kill the next one :lol: :lol:
i was made to ignite

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 03 May 2011, 02:58

”I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.”

Martin Luther King.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

terminator

Post by terminator » 05 May 2011, 20:48

Relieved! Finally, we can all move on. But yeah I agree I can't really 'enjoy' his death.
collin wrote:to be honest im not sure, i think we go ourselves caught in the sh**ter. This is what will happen. If we do end up leaving the middle-east all together, they are going to develop on their own and eventually bomb us to get back at us for controlling them. Although i dont like the thought of staying there, we need to get it free of terrorism, and just because osama is dead doesnt mean terrorism is gone. Or we could form some kind of treaty and supply them with something and get the fu** out of there
Maybe the U.S wouldn't get 'caught up in the sh**ter' if they didn't back some of the gulf arab dictators in the first place...

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 14 May 2011, 07:55

I must admit, I was a little uncomfortable with the street celebrations after his death.

Ultimately, he was a nutter (albeit a Western trained one) and he had to be killed. An excellent operation by the Seals.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....