konichiwa bitches

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 29 Mar 2011, 08:52

I am gonna say on behalf of all Canadians that we are just too chillin 8)

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 29 Mar 2011, 13:02

ajc wrote:I never claimed to be unbiased... .
my bad man, that wasn't toward you. You replied just before I did and I didn't feel like editing my post haha
But at the same time you toss bananas at black players and make monkey chants. Do you see that here in america?
so true.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 29 Mar 2011, 14:56

can't even be silent for 60 seconds, can't shut your pie hole for 1 minute, for a nation thats lost it all, basicaly celebrating their death and their suffering :roll: where the hell is the moral people?....

they wake up on a norma day, and an 8.9 earthquake shakes their lives, damaging many building and structures, and killing hundreds, if thats not enough, the earthquake produced a tsunami, that destroyed much more buildings, houses, and businesses, and killed thousands.. That alone is inmense, but thats not all, the earthquake produced troubles in the nuclear plants, and radiation is fu**in them up big time.... they are suffering inmensly...the world has to medidate and reflect on these hard times, because only God knows that tomorrow it could be you in their shoe's .....

What do the americans do 100,000 miles away? Yell racist comments, mock the japs, say stupid jokes, all they were asking for was 60 seconds of silence, too hard for some idiots to undestand :roll:
Last edited by panchester07 on 29 Mar 2011, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 29 Mar 2011, 14:59

panchester07 wrote:can't even be silent for 60 seconds, can't shut your pie hole for 1 minute, for a nation thats lost it all, basicaly celebrating their death and their suffering :roll: where the hell is the moral people?....
haha no one was celebrating what happened. That's absurd. And Japan didn't, "lose it all". It's terrible what happened, but you're making it sound as if the entire country was wiped off the face of the earth.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 29 Mar 2011, 15:22

panchester07 wrote:can't even be silent for 60 seconds, can't shut your pie hole for 1 minute, for a nation thats lost it all, basicaly celebrating their death and their suffering :roll: where the hell is the moral people?....

they wake up on a norma day, and an 8.9 earthquake shakes their lives, damaging many building and structures, and killing hundreds, if thats not enough, the earthquake produced a tsunami, that destroyed much more buildings, houses, and businesses, and killed thousands.. That alone is inmense, but thats not all, the earthquake produced troubles in the nuclear plants, and radiation is fu**in them up big time.... they are suffering inmensly...the world has to medidate and reflect on these hard times, because only God knows that tomorrow it could be you in their shoe's .....

What do the americans do 100,000 miles away? Yell racist comments, mock the japs, say stupid jokes, all they were asking for was 60 seconds of silence, too hard for some idiots to undestand :roll:
You do know that "jap(s)" is a derogatory term to refer to Japanese people right????

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 29 Mar 2011, 15:28

You do know that "jap(s)" is a derogatory term to refer to Japanese people right????
haha that is pretty funny.

If American's really didn't care, they wouldn't donate money to help. What have you done for them? When you really think about it, what does a minute of silence actually do? It doesn't do sh*t. yes it's respectful, but I think a lot more solidarity is shown through actually helping and you can't deny that American's have always helped when some tragedy like this happens.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 29 Mar 2011, 15:38

I love how you think donating aid makes everything ok. All of the western world is donating money, it is something that is expected these days in times of tragedy.

And you are saying that Japan hasn't been wrecked? Did you even see the images coming through from that? Granted it wasn't the same level of destruction that took place when some red-necks dropped two atomic bombs on them, but its still absolute hellish.

For a start, in Europe, monkey chanting is different to disrespecting the dead. I'm not saying racism is ok because it is clearly not, but it is not on the same level as making jokes about people dying and suffering. I would also like to point out that "monkey chants" and throwing bananas is something that has been eradicated, so that is hardly a valid point.

On the other hand, America is the main culprit for bringing Africans to America and enslaving them for many years and causing years of discrimination towards Blacks in the first place. If you want to critique our racial attitudes, take a look at your own first.

Back on topic. If you took a stadium full of the most scummy people that are in England, or any other country outside of North America, and put them in that situation, they would not boo and jeer at people who were dying. The fact that anyone in America would do that is a good reflection the whole nation imo, and i very much doubt that it was a stadium of the worst Americans, the majority were probably "average" Americans, which just makes it seem even worse.

I may not been completely unbiased, but i'm less biased than an actual American. The worlds hatred towards American is mainly for very justified reasons, that doesn't make the entire world biased.

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 29 Mar 2011, 15:50

For a start, in Europe, monkey chanting is different to disrespecting the dead. I'm not saying racism is ok because it is clearly not, but it is not on the same level as making jokes about people dying and suffering.
Where are these jokes about people dying and suffering?
On the other hand, America is the main culprit for bringing Africans to America and enslaving them for many years and causing years of discrimination towards Blacks in the first place. If you want to critique our racial attitudes, take a look at your own first.
You serious man?
Back on topic. If you took a stadium full of the most scummy people that are in England, or any other country outside of North America, and put them in that situation, they would not boo and jeer at people who were dying. The fact that anyone in America would do that is a good reflection the whole nation imo, and i very much doubt that it was a stadium of the worst Americans, the majority were probably "average" Americans, which just makes it seem even worse.
There is a big difference between what happened in that video and booing\jeering the dead. How is an event that had much less than .01% of the population a representation of a country?

Also, no one said donating justified what happened, but you're making sh*t up when you say that was mocking of the dead.
Last edited by Icy on 29 Mar 2011, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 29 Mar 2011, 15:52

Are we going to resort to name calling now? That's mature.
Fiction. It was actually the British and Portuguese that were mostly in control of the slave trade, with the help of West African peoples. Slaves were coming to America long before there was a thing as the United States of America. And just as an fyi, the majority the the Africans in the slave trade went to South America. I believe it was something like 1/6 when to North America.

Japan has definitely been wrecked, no disagreement there, but you're making it seem like American's are happy about it, which I can assure you we're not, and anyone who thinks we're actually happy about it must be a sick individual. This definitely wasn't America's shining moment, but I can assure you, most of the people i've talked to have been just as disgusted as the rest of us.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 29 Mar 2011, 16:26

No, no i didnt!

Lets be serious guys'.. In reality it was a couple of stupid drunk people that thought it would be funny and where trying to look cool and have fun in spite of the opposite being cool - they look like total retards - i don't really think they actually believe what they where saying they where just trying to be the center of attention... That this only happens in america is probably true, but I think its more of matter of "stupid americans" than "american racists" to be honest with all of you, though it could be a deadly combination of both of them..

if it where in colombia, el salvador, nigeria, or democratic republic of congo, people would be in awe and surprise, but since its in america, people aren't so surprised anymore since they do have a name for being stereotypical and racist and discriminatory... just saying ..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 29 Mar 2011, 19:48

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

I really don't think there was anything racist behind what happened on Saturday. The large majority of Americans don't harbor any racist feelings toward the Japanese people. And just for the record, this is the first time (that I can remember at least) that a moment of silence hasn't been observed here in America. It's not as if this is a reoccurring thing, just a lapse in judgement. If it had been a reoccurring thing, we probably would have heard about it. There was a moment of silence after Haiti and there was one after Indonesia, and no one yelled anything like that that I can remember. Will it happen again? I don't know. There's another USA game tonight against Paraguay; whether there is a moment of silence or not, we'll just have to see.

And for you guys generalizing Americans, look at the facial expression on Michael Bradley's face. That should say it all.

styale18

Post by styale18 » 29 Mar 2011, 20:11

no klc the freakin british started the slave trade in the us (triangular trade.) the us is derived from the british. i dont get why you guys hate america so much. If you lived here you'd get why SO many people came to this land from all over the world. Americans are racists when players like Samuel Eto'o and Mario Balotelli were racially abused in Spain and Italy, where the fans made screeching noises referring to them as monkeys.

Juicygriot17

Post by Juicygriot17 » 29 Mar 2011, 20:33

KLC, I sware on Kim Kardashian's left breast that you're terribly wrong... England actually started slavery. Remember the slave trade? I know you're a smart guy but you're better than that. Also saying that red-neck bombed Japan is kinda biased and wrong when the US warned Japan hat if they dont unconditionally surrender they'd regret it... Japan couldn't swallow their pride. ( I love Japan and its culture, just saying cuz I don't wanna come off as a douche)

I think that the fact that its America means it's gonna be blown out of proportion... America doesn't really help their reputation but you'll always find low people everywhere. I find that America is pretty tolerable, just look at all the different combinations of nationalities you'll find. From what I see, Europe isn't very tolerable.

EDIT: Ok maybe England didn't start slavery lol, but Charles I of Spain started the slave triangular trade, and along with Portugal England was a culprit... Remember, that the first Americans were British people looking for religious toleration
Last edited by Juicygriot17 on 29 Mar 2011, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 29 Mar 2011, 20:38

agreed, and if it wasn't for the united states british people would be speaking german right now so there is no room to talk

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 29 Mar 2011, 21:48

There will always be racists in the world. It's a sad truth, but I think the US has progressed more than any nation in the last 30-40 years in terms of race. I mean, our leader is a black man. 60 years ago, saying something like that would have been laughable. I don't see many nations which are dominantly white having black leaders.