My best friends girlfriend just won..... 100,000 $$

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
panchester07
Veteran Member

Guess what....

One of my best friends growing up, and football buddies, girlfriend, just won 100,000 $........ 100,000$ ..... Does everybody realize how much that is??

Holy sh*t, thats a passport to europe, watching 1 football game each weekend, for the rest of the season, and still having 80,000$ left.... A cayenne, a cruise in the midetarianian ocean, fu**.......100,000$ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

She was at the movie theatre my friend, a barcelona fan and terrific player, and the movie had a long line, to kill time, she went to this LG stand, that where promoting these cellphones, and organizing a world texting championship... she tried it just for fun, and turned out she was good, she went to her movie and chilled.... next day she gets a call, saying she was in the finals, and she was surprised, she told her sister to participate to... fast foward, and she's in New York for the world championships... bla bla bla.... she won 100,000 $.. texting... someone this close made that amount of money thats crazy...

http://en.korea.com/blog/tech/mobile/gl ... mpionship/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Hgqs1v0oY

I don't kow if its as big to anybody as it is to me, but to me thats huge.. 100,000$ woww ..

Like, ill take 1,000$ with a smile the size of a rainbow, freaking 100,00$ :O
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

scottS4
Veteran Member

thats insane.. i hope she is smart with it and doesn't spend it all.
i can't believe you can win so much money by doing something like texting.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Awesome !!!

And Carlos Tevez earns more than that every 2 days (after tax).

panchester07
Veteran Member

Dude thats insane, that 100k, like how can you describe it with words?? One day your broke, you live off your mom's allowance, you want a better car, you want to take a trip to europe, you want so many things, your slave to gasoline, and then you have 100 fu**ing k... Something you started doing to kill time, earned you 100 k...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

scottS4
Veteran Member

Yeah I don't think she'll actually keep the whole 100 grand. I heard from a teacher once that when people win money like that, it gets taxed. So she'd probably get something like 90 or 85 grand, which is of course peanuts.

collin
Veteran Member

the girl on the left is hot, how are they so good at speaking english if they are from panama? do they speak english there? and 100k thats fu**ing awesome

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

collin wrote:the girl on the left is hot, how are they so good at speaking english if they are from panama? do they speak english there? and 100k thats fu**ing awesome
Its called an Education system. I am aware this may be a new concept to most Americans :lol:

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Icy
Veteran Member

the girl on the left is hot, how are they so good at speaking english if they are from panama? do they speak english there? and 100k thats fu**ing awesome
:shock:
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

ScottyBoy wrote:
collin wrote:the girl on the left is hot, how are they so good at speaking english if they are from panama? do they speak english there? and 100k thats fu**ing awesome
Its called an Education system. I am aware this may be a new concept to most Americans :lol:

collin
Veteran Member

ok and i take spanish but if i was to be interviewed in spanish i would suck

nick117
Veteran Member

The sad part about that scotty, is that joke is fairly accurate i'm pretty sure about 10% of our population still believes that we speak "american". Also our high school foreign language classes are nothing, if, we really wanted to speak another language we would start learning it around 4 years old like most foreign countries do with English.

collin
Veteran Member

oh i started when i was like 6 but im sure they put more time into it, still they dont even have that bad of an accent its suprising

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

I think every English speaking country is a bit arrogant as we expect to go anywhere in the world and expect everyone to speak our language.

Only defence is for everyone else english is the second taught language for every other country wheras if we learned Italian it would be useless speaking to a Spaniard or Frenchman.

What one should we learn and why...

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

panchester07
Veteran Member

The one you say is hot, but the good one and fast one is the ugly one.. She's my freinds girl friend, I don't really know why he likes her, as she doesn't look so good, but she has great personality and stuff... The cute one is her sister.. As you can see, also she's not dumb at all, she plans on donating, investing on apartments, and other stuff, if it where me that money would be gone like by the end of the weekend...

Collin she's good at english the same way i'm good, school mate:) Like scotyboy said.

Its so cool though, its like the hundred thousand grand came to her, like she didn't plan any of it, and now she has this crazy amount of money... insane
Last edited by panchester07 on 27 Jan 2011, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

scottS4
Veteran Member

:shock: english lessons in panama must be intense. here we spend a whole year learning how to say: "hello, what is your name?"