Miracles/guardian angels

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
mint
EF Drug Baron

Miracles/guardian angels

Post by mint » 21 Jan 2011, 01:15

Ok i thought this would be a pretty intersting topic.

So the question is do you beleive in miracles and guardian Angels?

I certainly do now after tuesday.

My dad was travelling to work in the morning as he always does along the motorway or highway as you americans call it, he skidded on a patch of ice that was there, smashed into the concrete barrrier in the central reservation, that catapulted him back into traffic, a concrete mixing lorry hit his truck, then hit it again sending my dads truck onto its roof which sent it rolling down a 20 foot banking at the side of the motorway which when it stopped rolling it landed upright and the movement made my dads head go through the window shattering it.

He walked out of the accident without a scratch on him, i beleive that someone was looking over him, very lucky.
i was made to ignite

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 21 Jan 2011, 03:21

i believe in god, i dont know if that is under the topic of guardian angels, but miracles of course miracles happen everyday

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Post by ImpossibleIsNothing6 » 21 Jan 2011, 04:54

Mint that's horrible! Your father is one lucky man, definitely someone watching over him :)
Yes, I do believe in guardian angels/miracles, especially after that.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 21 Jan 2011, 11:49

Yeah i know hes very lucky indeed dude.
i was made to ignite

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 21 Jan 2011, 16:38

mint will you post some videos of your grounds? i know this is off topic but i just wanted to see if you will ever do it because im interested to see!

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 21 Jan 2011, 17:32

i will do soon man ;)
i was made to ignite

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 22 Jan 2011, 12:49

I dont believe in Guardian Angels or plain miracles, I prefer to beleive in karma. I find it more believable that your Dad survived because he has been very unselfish in the past, exactly the same as football. You work hard, you get your rewards and make your own luck
Sig by me

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 22 Jan 2011, 21:57

Had2bHarry wrote:I dont believe in Guardian Angels or plain miracles, I prefer to beleive in karma. I find it more believable that your Dad survived because he has been very unselfish in the past, exactly the same as football. You work hard, you get your rewards and make your own luck
Thants not karma, thats called working hard and improving :o You can be an incovenient assh**e to everybody, a complete bastard, a total gaylord, a big dumb jerk, but work like a horse on practice and still improve....

On topic, I believe in guardian angels, but more importantly I believe everybody has a mission in this life, a mission that God chose for us, and simply it wasn't your ad's time to go... As simple as that... Sometimes people die because a little cut on their foot got infected and they didn't take care of it, some really insignificant things, and yet other peoples like your father, or others, surprisingly surprise situations where the odds of surviving where minimal.... I think everybody has a time to go, and it wasn't his time.. Deep stuff when you think about it..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 23 Jan 2011, 00:01

Had2bHarry wrote:I dont believe in Guardian Angels or plain miracles, I prefer to beleive in karma. I find it more believable that your Dad survived because he has been very unselfish in the past, exactly the same as football. You work hard, you get your rewards and make your own luck
I am more inclined to agree with H2H. Every time I prop myself up to be good, I am wary, because I know karma will bite me in the ass very soon. It always has. That's part of why doing good things is such a joy for me. I know it will eventually be returned to me.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 23 Jan 2011, 00:30

Rome_Leader wrote:
I am more inclined to agree with H2H. Every time I prop myself up to be good, I am wary, because I know karma will bite me in the ass very soon. It always has. That's part of why doing good things is such a joy for me. I know it will eventually be returned to me.
I'm also more inclined to go the Karma way rather than the Guardian Angel way. Taking my recent exams for example, and comparing how I've done with my classmates, I worked my ass off all year, no partying or anything, and came out with results that put me in the top 5%(ish) of the country. In comparison, classmates with just as much (I'd say probably more natural ability than me) didn't work as hard and consequently just missed out on the award I got. There's a couple of personality issues with them that others might point to as influencing this (in terms of karma) but it's not something that I care about particularly... They'll sort themselves out I'm sure, once they click on to what it is.

I dunno, I mean I'm not religious or anything (for a variety of reasons - leaning towards agnosticism as opposed to atheism, as I'd like to think there is someone looking out for us all somewhere, even though I really can't see how there is) but I believe that if you work hard, treat all others with respect and focus on being a decent human being then eventually things will go right for you.

Fantastic that your Dad is all good Mint, as you said, very lucky indeed! :D
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 23 Jan 2011, 13:18

I mean, i believe in karma, that if you do a person a favor, you will get it in return, same as if you screw some one up, you'll get it back, but i don't believe that because you've been a selfish person your gonna die any younger than a person thats relatively good..

Hitler lived a lot...

Little kids, inocent kids who are good and pure have died really young... karma?

Obviously not..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 23 Jan 2011, 14:23

Theres a beautiful quote from Bruce Almighty by Morgan Freeman (Who is playing God)

'Parting a soup is not a miracle Bruce its a magic trick. A sinlge mother who's working two jobs and still finds time to take her kid to soccer practice, Thats a miracle. A teenager who says no to drugs and yes to an education. Thats a miracle. People want me to do everything for them but what they don't realise is, they have the power. Want to see a miracle son, be the miracle'

So deep, so true

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 23 Jan 2011, 14:43

Thanks for the support guys hes fine.

Im a big beleiver in Karma as well, as the saying goes what goes around comes around and one my dad always says you reap what you sow.
i was made to ignite

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 23 Jan 2011, 22:01

panchester07 wrote:I mean, i believe in karma, that if you do a person a favor, you will get it in return, same as if you screw some one up, you'll get it back, but i don't believe that because you've been a selfish person your gonna die any younger than a person thats relatively good..

Hitler lived a lot...

Little kids, inocent kids who are good and pure have died really young... karma?

Obviously not..
That's a point I could use to disprove a whole heap of other religious/belief theories. I don't mean this in an argumentative sort of way, just as a general point :)
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

LimaFoxtrotCharlie
New User

Post by LimaFoxtrotCharlie » 24 Jan 2011, 01:32

Glad to hear he is fine man! That is great news.

I believe in God, Karma is something i feel he injects into our lives but in a different way than what alot of us make out to be.

Im not a religious nut, but your Dad was lucky and I think God helped him out man.

All this God, karma- jazz is connected.

Great news my friend