Your first post

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
scottS4
Veteran Member

Your first post

Post by scottS4 » 16 Jan 2011, 23:13

Yet another game I saw on a different forum. I hope they don't sue me for copyright.
Basically, what was your first post you made on EF?

heres mine, from January 30th 2009

"hi im scott. ive been reading some of the stuff on this site and it seems really good. i live in alberta, canada and im 15. i play winger or forward."

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 16 Jan 2011, 23:17

From april 2008

alrite im new to the forum and i thought i may as well introduce myself. im from england love playing football, support liverpool but i support donny rovers more . i am also male and 17 years old. i play left back and center mid lol i am right footed but i play left back wtf :P

Seems like years ago well it is nearly 3 years :lol:
i was made to ignite

Met

Post by Met » 17 Jan 2011, 00:45

"Okay, I cannot advise you on which position to play because I'm not sure on mine but from I what I hear you sound like a hard working defensive mid. You can sit just in the opposition's half if a corner and take shots and hope you get a deflections. You short passing skills will be good for keeping the ball and feeding it to your attack minded partner.

As for technical names: box-to-box mid means you control the area from outside your 18 yard box to opposition's 18 yard box. There is an immense amount of running that I can't even imagine. It's a role that means you are in defense when they have the ball but you go in attack when you have the ball. Kaka maybe an example like one of the goals he scored from a corner against Brazil. Defensive mid just sits infront of defense back four. He wins the ball from breaking down opposition's attack. He feeds it to his more attack minded midfielder or to wingers. Stopper similar to defensive. Holding mid is slightly less defense minded. He justs hold the ball long enough for striker's and wingers to get into position.

I hope that helped. My two cents!

Met"

Jan 28. Doesn't say which year though.
alrite im new to the forum and i thought i may as well introduce myself. im from england love playing football, support liverpool but i support donny rovers more . i am also male and 17 years old. i play left back and center mid lol i am right footed but i play left back wtf
Any bit of that still true now? Apart from the age of course :D

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup » 17 Jan 2011, 01:43

18 April 2007
yes, abs are needed in soccer: heading and your core fitness/strength.
(someone asked if abs are important in soccer)
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

bsc
Veteran Member

Post by bsc » 17 Jan 2011, 03:40

April 2008
bsc wrote:Am an new to the EF (awesomeness) and want to please know how people get cool pictures and stuff at the bottom of their posts.(and othe cool stuff to)

!Hey! :D Help/info/jokes are appreciated
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 17 Jan 2011, 10:53

Met wrote:
alrite im new to the forum and i thought i may as well introduce myself. im from england love playing football, support liverpool but i support donny rovers more . i am also male and 17 years old. i play left back and center mid lol i am right footed but i play left back wtf
Any bit of that still true now? Apart from the age of course :D

The supporting Doncaster and Liverpool part :lol:
i was made to ignite

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 18 Jan 2011, 07:14

Throwback central: April 28, 2006
ajc wrote:Barcelona vs. Arsenal is the best matchup i could imagine for the final. Henry vs. Ronaldinho with Henry rumored for a move to barca, what could be better? I don't care who you support, this game is going to be great! And its even extra important for Arsenal since they have to win to qualify for next years champs league. What do you think? Who will win?
Click it