Ideas on how to make money...

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
panchester07
Veteran Member

Whats up fellow effer's.. How's everybody doing... I would love your guys honest help on an issue that i'm ongoing at the moment... Its simple, just brainstorm a bit and post what you think... :)

I have a situation right now, and its that here in my country everybody goes to an island in new years, i've never gone due to permissions, and always have sh*tty new years and it sucks, and now that i just turned 18, my parents finally let me go, and i'm all exited because its a great opportunity to enjoy new years, holler at the honeys, and have fun in this time of the year.. I think i worked like an animal this year, in school, football, and i need to chill out.....I got invited to a Villa, with 6 of my good friends, but guess what, when I tell my mom, mom its gonna be 385$ and I need it by December 26th ish, she says, "hold it, i'm not paying that, you're 18 now, you need to find a way to pay your own expenses and bla bla bla" ... I got mad at first, but then I realized, theres no use getting mad, "no use crying over spilled juice" and I better go ahead and solve the problem myself, and find a way to make money fast, so I can go with my friends and enjoy new years... (its a week in a nice villa, in an island here in panama, with booze, girls, etc I HAVE TO GO)

So its decembers 6th, and I have about 20 days to make around 385$ bucks... My attitude towards it? Its totally doable, I just need to use my time right... I drive a car, so I can pick up my brother, take my sister, and drive my grandma around town, and they always give me money for that....

anybody have any ideas on how to make cash.. like that??? I would love to here you ideas, as time is running out, and panchester would love to have a good new years this time...

how have you guys made money and cash?
any ideas on how to make a few bucks ¿¿

thanks in advance!

-I always ask my mom if she needs favors that I can do in exchange of a little cash, i call my grandma and grandpa and ask if i can help with anything and then i tell them i'm saving money and they sometimes give me a little something, and little by little i add up money, but at this pace i don't know if i'll get it, so i need to boost my pace up, and find a way.. ideas welcome!

and if your thinking sell a kidney, don't even go there!! i'm gonna need it to drink in the holidays.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Ward9310

Is there no way you can get a loan of a family member/friend? Then you can make it up over the next few months.

shahensha
Veteran Member

yeah just ask your mum for a loan and pay her back after you enjoy your vacation

ooorrrr you can hustle weed for a dealer friend......like any kind of black money, its risky but quick and easy. :lol:

ratherton
Veteran Member

Depends on how much time you've got spare and what you're prepared to do.

- Wash cars
- Mow lawns
- Dog walking
- Sell stuff you don't want / need / use

If you work hard and earn the money, you'll enjoy the break even more.

You need to make about $20 a day.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Where do you live and what's the weather like there? Last winter here in the Philly area we had what we called the "Snowpocalypse," and a few of my friends made hundreds of dollars shoveling snow from driveways. Backbreaking work, but well worth it.

Also, look up ads for seasonal employment. Lots of places hire temporary workers this time of year to deal with the holiday rush. If you apply and express you are willing to work on Christmas eve for example you might have a good shot of getting a job and earning some money that way.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Get in contact with some contractors (walk up, phonebook, online, etc) and tell whoever is in charge that'll you'll do any grunt work needed for some money. idk how easy that'd be to do in panama but I've learned (after many failed money making schemes) that its often easiest to just do a few days of hard work.

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

sell your old boots on ebay...simple. and phones if you have them.

shahensha
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:Get in contact with some contractors (walk up, phonebook, online, etc) and tell whoever is in charge that'll you'll do any grunt work needed for some money. idk how easy that'd be to do in panama but I've learned (after many failed money making schemes) that its often easiest to just do a few days of hard work.
words of wisdom right there

Met

Sign up to those make money from home advertisements. It's very useful if you have to take care of kids.

Speaking of which, for some reason you reminded me of a movie set in South America in Spanish but with English subtitles about a rich kid who has his friends over because he is rich and is trying to do this girl but he already has a girlfirend and she wants to come over but he wants to play her around and his dad is in Europe somehwere with his mother and one of his sister's friends dies and he cries.

I might have spoilt the ending. :shock:

scottS4
Veteran Member

you could take a ball downtown and juggle. bring a hat and maybe passers by would put some change in it.
or you could do what i do; collect empty bottles from friends/neighbours/family and take them to a bottle depot for returns. i've made $900 from it in the last 8 months or so.

Hugh
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:Get in contact with some contractors (walk up, phonebook, online, etc) and tell whoever is in charge that'll you'll do any grunt work needed for some money. idk how easy that'd be to do in panama but I've learned (after many failed money making schemes) that its often easiest to just do a few days of hard work.
Seconded. Just look in the yellow pages for construction companies.

If that doesn't work, since you've got a car you could consider delivering pizzas or washing dishes. Make an effort to get some money and then go to your mom and say "Hey, so I made X amount of money for my trip, but I still need Y more, can I borrow that from you and then pay you back by the end of January?"

panchester07
Veteran Member

Yo guys that's mad advise thanks you very much....

I like all the ideas, and i'm finishing my last week of finals this week, so I can't do so many litte chores right now, but the second i leave the classroom on friday all my energy is going towards making $$$$$ KA-SHING

Quick question how exactly do i deliver pizza's though? Call dominoe's or any other pizza delivery and ask them if they need some help that i'm have a car and i wanna make a little money if they need any support?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

ratherton
Veteran Member

Not sure how car insurance works in Panama but in the UK, if you wanted to use your car for work (delivering pizzas), you would need to make sure your insurance covers it. Normal insurance won't cover this type of thing.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:Yo guys that's mad advise thanks you very much....

I like all the ideas, and i'm finishing my last week of finals this week, so I can't do so many litte chores right now, but the second i leave the classroom on friday all my energy is going towards making $$$$$ KA-SHING

Quick question how exactly do i deliver pizza's though? Call dominoe's or any other pizza delivery and ask them if they need some help that i'm have a car and i wanna make a little money if they need any support?
That'd probably be the way to go - just make sure as ratherton said that your insurance is all up to speed. And do the CV thing as well so they know you're serious etc (or are you only wanting it as a short term thing for your trip?)

A bit of advice if you do go down the pizza delivery road - don't take it personally if customers are abusive/di**heads. I work at a pizza restaurant, and one night the delivery guy came back a little upset and very flustered cause some moron had a nutter at him about the price of his order :roll:
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

styale18

of course there is prostitution as a last resort ;)