Inspirational/negative things in our soccer career

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Has anything negative ever happened in your football/soccer career?

yes
47%
yes
45%
no
4%
no
4%

Total votes: 77

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

yea, that is true! Thats kind of what happened with me.

if you play horrible in a school game how do you guys deal with the people at school the next day

erivera

i'll tell you what i did. I would tell them the truth. If i had a lousy game, i wouldnt let them metion it, i would be the first one to mention it. I would make remarks on what i did wrong. Then i would say what i could do to prevent that in the future. Then i would ask for some advice if i could. I suggest you get to know your teammates well. If you dont get along with your team, your not going to get along as a team on the pitch. Trust me, when you know each other you start to help each other out. Communication is also a key in teams.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

the main thing is to take the blame. not more than is necessary, but make sure they know you know you did bad. don't try to say "oh, ____ wouldn't pass, and he had some easy shots he missed." focus on yourself. if someone needs corrected, do it, but don't blame them for a bad game
Hala Galacticos

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

we dont deal w/ ppl, because we arent alowwed to becasue i am not the coach, can no body wants to get beat up.
Oh, and one question, we had a game yesterday, and we lost 2-0 because there are ballhoggers on the team that i dont want to confront because i dont want to be told off about my weakness. but one time i did tell them off, and the coach took me and put me on the bench, but when i was put back in, i scored twice in the upper left hand corner cause they FINALLY passed the ball. But still they dont do that in the game, so i need help!!!!!

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

all you can really do is go out and do what they can't. if you're good enough, the coach will play you, and the other players will respect you enough to pass the ball
Hala Galacticos

Sokrfreak515

I tryed out for a team a couple years ago after practicing with an awesome team... everyone thought my friend and i would make division 1 but instead we both made divison 2... the coach of the divison 1 team has a daughter my age who is constantly jealous of everything i do and both her and her best friend made the team... after matches the coaches of the other teams pull my friend and i aside and ask why were not on division one we tell them we dont no... i was crushed when i didnt make divison 1 and the girl still constantly reminds me of it everytime i see her... but since shes made it so public all of my friends and some of hers are behind me 100% so from a heartbreaking cut i learned i have tons of friends that support me and i can overcome cuts.... im now trying out for a better team.. wish me luck!
"You can't just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again." Mia Hamm

dooglas
Veteran Member

Ive noticed that ALOT in girls soccer, always these little groups, no unity, every team ive been on we were always friends and stuff, BUT...heres my story

I come from a highschool with 2 wins in 3 years, those 2 wins coming in my junior year ;.;....im in my senior year and the season is over, but we got 3 wins this year, so im pretty happy with that, ..it sucks being the best on the team, but our school is just not a soccer school, so we are playing the #1 team in the league, and they are up 2-0...and i finally get a running ball on my left and a little in the box i turn on the marking defender and slot it into the right corner, 2-1!!!....the bench is going wild, then...we get beat 11-1...lol..but it was awesome
so a negative and a positive in there

junior year we were facing a team that was way better than us, but we were tied 4-4 the score kept coming back, its like the last minutes and i get almost the same ball mcbride did in the mexico match WC 2002, but i shoot it completely differnt i run towards it left to right and just run my foot across it giving it huge curve, so im by the right post and it curves all the way to the left into the upper corner!! and we win!!!....best game of my high school career!
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

A couple years ago, I got dropped down to a B-team in my soccer organization. I was a keeper at the time I got cut, but I was going through a change in heart about soccer and where I wanted to play. I had an ambition to play striker, and I made the mistake of constantly asking the coach if I could play field (I wasn't too good then, I was out of shape and slow, and my ball control had deteriorated from a couple years before that.) The night I got the call that said I had been moved down, I went out and ran 3 miles at 23:00. I then trained so hard for the year following that. I would get up at 5:00, go down to the high school and sprint up stairsets, run around town dribbling a tennis ball, and I juggled for countless hours. I still follow a similar training schedule, but that year playing on the B-team was the worst year of soccer I could imagine. We sucked, and every week we lost like 10-0. Finally, thank god, the season ended, and I was able to try out again and get back on the A-team.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

well i used to be a okay player and since im in a small school the high school team usually takes younger players like 13 or 14 year olds to put on their team. well that year i was one of the two chosen( i was 12) i was really happy cuz its an honor to be on the team when im so young. i was also looking forward to gaining experience and getting way better at the game. that year i was playing very well with the senior team and even though i was sub i played at least half a game each time. one day i broke my foot and that was it... i was out for 4 months.
when i could finally play again i noticed that i had lost the feel for the ball and many things i could do very easily before were way hardere now. i used to run 100meters in 13seconds before i broke my foot. but afterwards i became way slower.
i was lucky that i culd get back on the team but everyone noticed that i lost confidence and it was really affecting my game.
sorry if its long but that's one of my negative experiences and it was bad for my endurance.
now i get sick alot and im always having to restart from 0 and practicing at skills i lost.
has anyone got negative experiences to talk about?

Rosario

soccerchic don't worry.just make the runs and your coach will notice if they don't want to give you the ball in a good position.all you can do is keep the head up and play.be confident and show the pettiness doesn't affect you.play with a smile and you soon won't care about these kids.why should they ruin your fun.just be confident on the ball and play.just play

Rosario

i was recently stabbed in the back by a former manager.a pro club seemed interested in me and their youth coach asked around my town about me.then my manager for years[told me i was brilliant]said to the man i wasn't nearly good enough.that guy now is assistant manager at the pro club.the youth coach went to see me and said he was impressed.he said the assistant manager doesn't want me at the club but he does.and to meet the manager of the senior team the next day.i was so happy.i can't believe that guy i trusted wouldn't even give me a chance.well i'll show him.now im playing good and feel like i could be awesome at the club when i sign.month or two if all goes well.just shows you have to look after no1.yourself.my brother told me that recently[he was an exceptional player]and after this incident i believe him.the managers only care about winning and themselves.well fu** him.ill show what i can fu**ing do and make shove those words down his throat.i feel so lucky this coach approached me.if he hadn't i may have doubted myself after what that dick said about me.now i know for sure im a great player.and i always have my brother if i need advice

dooglas
Veteran Member

so your going pro then?
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

Magicfeet

No need for language like that. :evil:

But maybe your coach actually didn't think you could make the step up? I mean, I'm not defending him or anything, but you've got to look at other possibilities.

If he recommends you, and you turn out to be rubbish (by pro standards), then he will look like a poor coach. Look after number 1, you say?

goldboots7

Well something has come up for me this summer im not sure how well im going to do but i have a training camp with braga because my coach talked to there training staff and put in a good word about me, its inspired me alot but its still to early to tell but having that thought in my mind makes me proud.
Stats: 19Goals 1YC 1RC 23GP