Inspirational/negative things in our soccer career

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Has anything negative ever happened in your football/soccer career?

yes
47%
yes
45%
no
4%
no
4%

Total votes: 77

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

o, well thats good!!! I REALLY WANT TO GO TO A SOCCER TRAINING CAMP THIS YEAR!! Do yall know any good ones here in NC?

well, our team sucks, and it seems like i will never be recruited by a college, because our high school team sucks so bad, that no matter how hard i try, recruiters wont even look at this school-thats what my dad told me...any advice?

Magicfeet

Ignore your dad. Just play your game - if your team is playing a very good side, then scouts may be present to look at their players.

And if you can shine against them, maybe you'll get noticed?

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

OOOO, I SEE THATS A GOOD IDEA!!!! But still, answer the rest of the questions i have

Rosario

look after no1 means to look after yourself cos your the most important.im not going pro.just the u17 squad.i won't be rubbish by pro standards.my skill level is above 90% of the senior teams.i just need more pace and strength to survive at senior.i do tricks so i'll be a target for ''the treatment''.but i hope to get to a premiership team in england

dooglas
Veteran Member

are you talking mls???
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

Magicfeet

look after no1 means to look after yourself cos your the most important.im not going pro.just the u17 squad.i won't be rubbish by pro standards.my skill level is above 90% of the senior teams.i just need more pace and strength to survive at senior.i do tricks so i'll be a target for ''the treatment''.but i hope to get to a premiership team in england
I know what looking after no1 means... that's why I said your coach may be doing it. Like I said, if you're not good enough, and he says you are, he looks bad.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

magicfeet, have you ever been cut anywhere along the line?

Magicfeet

magicfeet, have you ever been cut anywhere along the line?
I... don't understand. Could you rephrase that please, jdefoe?

Rosario

i think he means were you ever dropped of a squad.and btw that same guy signed 2 players off my team and not me although i am WAY better.i mean it's not even close between us.these guys have now been dropped[didn't deserve to be there in the first place].now im asked so im delighted.you see this coach that picked me is new and therefore unbiased.he just judged on who was the better players around.and guess who he chose.i think theres a lot of politics in footie at youth level.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Too much confidence buddy...better than 90% of professionals in that team, that team must suck then.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

i had to battle on the selects for 3 monthes to try and get the coaches sons position..i never got rewarded for scoring ever.. and i lost so much confidence and i played terrible..but then i quit and played on my own and now look at me. i have confidence

Magicfeet

Never been dropped exactly. I didn't used to get picked for the school team (one guy picked all his friends... ho hum) but I've never been ina team and lost my place.

Rosario

hey barca i don't mean i am better than them already.i mean at the moment my skill level is as good as anyone on the team except for 3,4 players who i could learn from.i obviously can't compete physically with them at 16 but often make fools of them skillwise.hopefull i get faster and stronger to cope with tough tackles.my brother played u21 game when he was 14 and said it was unbelieveable how strong they are.so i won't rush into it.but just cos im 16 doesn't mean they are better.they just win headers,tackles etc that i can't win yet.luckilyn i have a good build.5'10,12 stone so im not a weak player.like at my own age im strongest on the team.but senior is different.when going for a header they'll stick their elbow in your face,and it seems some of the defenders go out to kick you in the air every chance they get.its tough but in 2 years i'd say i'll be a different proposition for them.they won't have an advantage so i'll have the skills to beat them

Rosario

my brother was offered a pro contract 13 years ago.it was his first so quite small money but it was a big step.then he had a bad knee injury and surgery on his back.i have vowed to make it now and my bro always lends advice.his stories have inspired me.he was the youngest person to win a third year all ireland in the school in soccer.he was a first year on a 3rd year team.he bet shay givens team in the semi.

Wiseman_philosopher

making it in football is hard for me, cus my parents dont giv me ne backing. wen ppl used 2 ask mi mum y i didnt play for a club, she sed, "oh he dusnt want to, he dusnt want to do the training" which is bulls***. neither parent has encouraged me to play n stuff, and wen i say i want to b pro they try to put me off. but il make it..... :)
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.