The Drama That is LeBron James

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Where did you think he was going to go before all this?

Clevland
25%
Miami
50%
Chicago
No votes
New York
25%
New Jersey
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 4

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

mustahfa14 wrote:Lebron is such a tool. Why would you go to miami? I thought he wanted to win a championship? Yea they have the big 3, but the difference between the new heat and boston/LA is the fact that boston/LA has depth. Who else do the heat have? No one. they spent their money on three big players, with no one else to help out, maybe chalmers. He should have went to chicago, or new york.

LOL I cant wait to see the heat be a bust this season. It takes a whole team to win a championship, not just 3 players
We also have mike miller. And our draft picks who will probably sign for minimum rookie salary to play with these guys. Also, we'll probbely get some veterans who want to win. That being said, I don't think we'll win this coming year.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

soccer11
Admin

having Mike Miller is fine but he's a 2 or 3. Dwayne Wade will be at the 2 and LeBron will be at the 3 so Mike Miller will be coming off the bench (more than likely). I don't see LeBron at the point, I think Mario Chalmers will start there. He'll be great coming off the bench, but Miami has other things to worry about, like who's going to play center. Bosh certainly isn't; he wants to play the 4.
Despite being kind of old, Ilgauskas could be a good fit at center. Etan Thomas is also an option I suppose. Please, no Shaq.
I've always liked Flip Murray as a backup 1-2 combo guard so I'd like to see him go there.
There's a bunch of players who I think are pretty decent who could sign for the minimum who would make this team more complete.

bsc
Veteran Member

I'm a let you finish, but Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player of all time.

Eh my thought on this is I didn't really care where he went, but I'm glad he moved, because it makes basketball a little more interesting.

Being a super pessemistic sixers fan, I may go to a sixers v miami game this season if I can be bothered to get tickets. Its been a long time sense I really cared about pro-basketball.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

mustahfa14 wrote:LOL I cant wait to see the heat be a bust this season. It takes a whole team to win a championship, not just 3 players
Tell that to Boston of '08. They might have depth now, but when they won, they were really shallow. Rondo still had not found his stride like he has today, and a lot of players had to go for nothing to bag KG.

That being said, I'm not a fan of his decision anyway, but I expect it to pay off sooner rather than later.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Rome_Leader wrote:
mustahfa14 wrote:LOL I cant wait to see the heat be a bust this season. It takes a whole team to win a championship, not just 3 players
Tell that to Boston of '08. They might have depth now, but when they won, they were really shallow. Rondo still had not found his stride like he has today, and a lot of players had to go for nothing to bag KG.

That being said, I'm not a fan of his decision anyway, but I expect it to pay off sooner rather than later.
Tell that to Lebron's 07 championship run. He pretty much took over and smashed the Pistons himself. Then in the Finals they got swept, even though Lebron was carrying them. If one man can almost do it, then D-Wade and Bosh can definitely help. If they don't win the championship or get to it this season, expect next season when they can pick up more players to put around them, they will be unstoppable.

Oh, and I am a Lebron fan, not a Cav's fan. I have been a Lebron fan since he was in highschool, even got a rare pair of his green and gold Tmacs.

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Zlatan5 wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:

Tell that to Lebron's 07 championship run. He pretty much took over and smashed the Pistons himself. Then in the Finals they got swept, even though Lebron was carrying them. If one man can almost do it, then D-Wade and Bosh can definitely help. If they don't win the championship or get to it this season, expect next season when they can pick up more players to put around them, they will be unstoppable.

Oh, and I am a Lebron fan, not a Cav's fan. I have been a Lebron fan since he was in highschool, even got a rare pair of his green and gold Tmacs.
If they dont win this year, next year they will pick up C-melo and a good center and just destroy.

Also, dont hate cause he needs help to get a ring, he tried 7 years to get it, and even got some little help (Shaq, however not that great of help) if he wants to get it even tho he wont be the center of attention in Miami then he is a smart guy. that being said, he should went to chicago, better team in my opinion.

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

2brown347
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:
Icy wrote:
Ahh I got sick of this whole LeBron decision crap. Like he really needs his own Sportscenter special on which team he will join. All it does is inflate his ego. Let me reword that. All it does is inflate his NBA Championship-less ego.
A great player doesn't make a great team. :wink:
He gets treated as if he is the entire team.
He was the entire team :wink:

People forget even MJ had a good supporting cast.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

And he had Phil Jackson. And that's nothing to sneeze at. Maybe Pat Riley is good enough.