The Drama That is LeBron James

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Where did you think he was going to go before all this?

Clevland
25%
Miami
50%
Chicago
No votes
New York
25%
New Jersey
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 4

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

I'm surprised that even though this is a football site, that nobody brought this up. i am just wondering on what are your guys thoughts on this.

Questions to be answered:

Did he make a good decision going to Miami?

How will this effect the league as a whole?

East rebuilt, stronger than the West?

New "Big 3"?

etc.

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

2brown347
Veteran Member

If they all click they'll will dominate without a doubt, but if history shows anything too many big names can often lead to a not so great team.

That said the west will still be stronger then the east, if anything the east as a whole got worse since they went from 3 teams with 1 great player each to 1 team with 3 good players.

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

well idk history shows sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt,
Lakers vs Pistons -- pistons won but the lakers had 4 amazing players in shaq, kobe, payton, and karl malone

how ever boston had a big 3 and they are quite successful besides this year.

i think they will be fine, and the i believe the East is stronger than the West, Utah took a hit loseing boozer, Phoenix lost Amare.

so Chicago, Boston, Miami, and Orlando are the big teams in the East

West i just see Denver and LA...

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Add Mike miller to the mix.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

soccer11
Admin

For me personally I was just happy that it wasn't Cleveland and people in Cleveland had a look on their face like someone had kicked their dog.
haha silly Cleveland.
as Stephen Colbert said on his show a couple weeks ago:
"We'll finally get the answer to the question: Would anyone choose to live in Cleveland for $30 million?"
:P guess not.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I don't blame him. He's lived in Ohio/Cleveland/Akron area his whole life its time for a change. Spend a winter in Ohio and you'll want to move to Florida. Plus Florida doesn't have income tax :D

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Ahh I got sick of this whole LeBron decision crap. Like he really needs his own Sportscenter special on which team he will join. All it does is inflate his ego. Let me reword that. All it does is inflate his NBA Championship-less ego.

Icy
Veteran Member

Ahh I got sick of this whole LeBron decision crap. Like he really needs his own Sportscenter special on which team he will join. All it does is inflate his ego. Let me reword that. All it does is inflate his NBA Championship-less ego.
A great player doesn't make a great team. :wink:
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Icy wrote:
A great player doesn't make a great team. :wink:
He gets treated as if he is the entire team.

soccer11
Admin

I didn't mind the special that much. We've never seen a free-agent of such high caliber so I never expected him to just make his decision in private. And since he gave all the money he got from the advertisements to charity plus the scholarships, I say fair play to him.

I think he should have gone to Chicago. They have an overall better team than Miami. Outside of Wade and Bosh, there isn't really anyone else there but in Chicago you have Rose, Deng, Noah, Boozer. That could have been the best starting line up in the NBA had Lebron gone there I think.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:Ahh I got sick of this whole LeBron decision crap. Like he really needs his own Sportscenter special on which team he will join. All it does is inflate his ego. Let me reword that. All it does is inflate his NBA Championship-less ego.
I thought it was over the top and I'm glad its over. It was all anyone could talk about and got old fast. He didn't need the special on ESPN. I read an article about other free agent in basketball and other sports and none did this. The most was a 15 minute press conference.

I'm not suprised though its all about getting him exposure. It was probably set up by his "people" which if I remember correctly are a bunch of his friends.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

There goes half the fun of watching LeBron. You really wanted to see how far his talent could take a terrible team. I'm not up for him sharing with Wade and Bosh... I wanna see him lead and destroy on his own. Cleveland were obviously going to pissed, but I don't think he should've stayed. Granted, the whole show idea was a slap to the face of Cleveland since he didn't stay, but I feel NY would've been the best place for him. He could've been the team leader in an already huge sports market, but maybe the pressure was too much, and he's content with being on 'Wade's team'. I think Bosh's decision influenced him most of all, but maybe this was already all arranged a while ago.

Didn't expect such a heated letter by the Cavs owner, but I understand how jilted they feel. They might be tilling the bottom for another 10 years before they get someone even close to what he was.

soccer11
Admin

It's funny how Dan Gilbert (Cavs owner) was talking about loyalty in that letter. This is the guy who fired the head coach who had lead Cleveland to 60+ wins the last 2 years. Loyalty? pah!
Cleveland should be happy he stayed for 7 years. He could have left after the 4th or 5th year but decided to sign an extension.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Exactly. Seven years is a decee long time to stick it out with a franchise such as that that provided him with no help. And no, Shaq is not help. Granted, KG stuck with Minnesota for 13 years, but he surely should've got out sooner than that.

mustahfa14

Lebron is such a tool. Why would you go to miami? I thought he wanted to win a championship? Yea they have the big 3, but the difference between the new heat and boston/LA is the fact that boston/LA has depth. Who else do the heat have? No one. they spent their money on three big players, with no one else to help out, maybe chalmers. He should have went to chicago, or new york.

LOL I cant wait to see the heat be a bust this season. It takes a whole team to win a championship, not just 3 players