2010 Winter Olympics

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
scottS4
Veteran Member

the canadians just went in ice dancing and are in gold position with 2 more countries to go - a sure medal but a gold would be incredible. i dont really care for figure skating but i hear no canadians have ever won gold in it in the olympics.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Luongoooooooooooooooo will be in net tomorrow! Plus I was at whistler village for the gold medal win today which was so huge! Also I got to meet the norwegian nordic ski champion while he was drunkenly celebrating before he was awarded the gold.

So happy I'm here in whistler right now!

FuturProo1996
Sophomore Member

hass micheal phelps raced yet??????

ReXage

FuturProo1996 wrote:hass micheal phelps raced yet??????
lool i think thats summer olympics?

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

scottS4 wrote:the canadians just went in ice dancing and are in gold position with 2 more countries to go - a sure medal but a gold would be incredible. i dont really care for figure skating but i hear no canadians have ever won gold in it in the olympics.
they were fu**ing AMAZING... i wishh i could skate like them, or skate at all for that matter :?

we won gold today for ski cross too, and as predicted Canada stomped Germany :)

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

3-0 CANADA!

GET BENT RUSSIA!

OMG, what hustle, what energy... The atmosphere is electric. They need to carry this momentum far. Luongo is playing possessed.

EDIT: fu**ing jinxed it... 3-1.

Hugh
Veteran Member

We don't need to own the podium. We own the ice.

Hockey, 2-man bob, 5000m, short track, ice dance... fu**ing bring it.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Hugh wrote:We don't need to own the podium. We own the ice.

Hockey , 2-man bob, 5000m, short track, ice dance... fu**ing bring it.
We did, and beat you...

Hugh
Veteran Member

that was when we had brodeur in net. no one can beat us with LUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

They need to implement more X-Games-ish competitions to catch my attention personally. I really only watched the Snowboarding Halfpipe this year. I wish they would add slopestyle skiing and some kind of snowmobile racing to the games at least. Nothing besides snowboarding in the games is really all that interesting to me whereas I watched almost every event going in the X Games a few weeks ago.

If the US makes it to the Hockey Final I'll be sure to watch that too, though.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Hugh wrote:that was when we had brodeur in net. no one can beat us with LUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
No one can beat us with MILLERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

BGbeast: What about the aerials? Is that not more impressive than the halfpipe?

PS it is the winter olympics not the X-Games personally i prefer the olympics as it has more substance.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

The Aerials in skiing? No way, doesn't have anything on halfpipe for me. It's too orchestrated and it seems like it's just not raw enough for me, idk how else to describe it.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:
Hugh wrote:that was when we had brodeur in net. no one can beat us with LUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I think that you and I both know that Luongo is twice the goalie and three times the man that miller will ever be.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Hugh wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:
I think that you and I both know that Luongo is twice the goalie and three times the man that miller will ever be.
42 saves against Canada ain't bad!!

As for the man part...uhhh. yeah Miller is pretty much a scum bag....he gave my friend's cousin herpes. :shock: