2010 Winter Olympics

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

It's the fleur-de-lis, a symbol of French Canada, in contrast with the Union Jack, which symbolizes English Canada.

klc123
Veteran Member

Then what does the maple leaf mean? Canadian Canada?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

klc123 wrote:Then what does the maple leaf mean? Canadian Canada?
Canada as a whole, obv. English settlers and French settlers came to Canada back in the day, and made it what it is. Now we are just Canadian together.

klc123
Veteran Member

Are you french decent or English decent?

Do you speak French?

Can you teach me? :P

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

klc123 wrote:Are you french decent or English decent?

Do you speak French?

Can you teach me? :P
English descent.

I can, passably, but I'd rather not. :p

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Skeleton is awesome :D

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

bsc
Veteran Member

USA curling just took me for the ride of my life.

This time it ended in the good kind of tears.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

scottS4
Veteran Member

I've been glued to the olympics for the past week or so. the tv's been on probably 10 hours a day. my favourite parts so far have been jon montgomery's gold in skeleton, canada's curling win against great britain yesterday and the shoot out win against the swiss in hockey. (i was in the gym and there was a tv on, everyone stopped what they were doing to come watch.)
I wont be able to watch the hockey game against the USA tonight, but i'm really hoping for a win, especially after the US beat us in the juniors. i loved the sign that said: "do you believe in miracles? no" lol

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Brodeur... I can't believe how much he's shitting the bed. I really liked him growing up, and I want to believe the legend is still strong... But it seems to be more than a bad run of luck.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Rome_Leader wrote:Brodeur... I can't believe how much he's shitting the bed. I really liked him growing up, and I want to believe the legend is still strong... But it seems to be more than a bad run of luck.
I was at the game and let me tell you, myself and everyone else who is a canucks fan (read. every canadian there) was fu**ing pissed as hell that luongo wasn't playing. He's a better goalie than brodeur with a better current record and especially after that appalling stick handling in the first period brodeur should have been immediately pulled. There is no doubt in my mind that we would have won if luo was on the ice.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

I agree. Roberto looked equally shaky during the start of the NHL season, but he really settled into a groove lately, and deserves to play, especially in Vancouver.

Any word on if he will start the next game?

soccer11
Admin

I just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed watching that game last night :D

Honestly, the US just seemed like they wanted the game more. Canada's obviously a better team skill wise and it seemed like they thought they could just show up and win.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Ohhh that was one epic hockey game, very exciting to watch. Ryan Miller with 42 saves!!! He was a beast in goal and I was really happy with the way our side played. That diving empty net goal by Kesler was a nice effort.

ReXage

Lol everyone here in Canada was watching this game too bad I missed but all I know is that Canada's goalkeeper was playing like sh*t, everyone was so pissed off today at school.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:Ohhh that was one epic hockey game, very exciting to watch. Ryan Miller with 42 saves!!! He was a beast in goal and I was really happy with the way our side played. That diving empty net goal by Kesler was a nice effort.
gtfo, we wouldn't have lost if we didnt have a baseball player in net (Martin Brodeur shoulda been riding the bench from the start) :evil: