2010 Winter Olympics

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
bsc
Veteran Member

I was surprised to find there wasn't a thread on this yet. I watched a lot of Canadian hockey, and damn I hate Crosby. I really thought Switzerland would pull through.

And if the USA mens curling team has one more heartbreak I'm not sure if I can handle it.

anyone else folloing the games at all?
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

2brown347
Veteran Member

bsc wrote:I was surprised to find there wasn't a thread on this yet. I watched a lot of Canadian hockey, and damn I hate Crosby. I really thought Switzerland would pull through.

And if the USA mens curling team has one more heartbreak I'm not sure if I can handle it.

anyone else folloing the games at all?
I watched Vonn but thats about all I've watched. I've followed it a little but mainly just the fact the the USA has raped a few teams in hockey, we are in 1st overall, and white is still the top dog in snowboarding.

klc123
Veteran Member

Ive watched every event pretty much, glued to it.

The Great Britain will win the Curling reguardless.

Can't wait till tommorrow, Large Hill Ski Jumping is on. The Austrians are sure to win, although the Norweigans are consistently close behind them.

I can't be bothered with Ice hockey, its too boring.

I love watching the freestyle skiing, snow boarding.

Downhill, Slalom and Ski jumping are the most exciting events in my opinion, their the most anticipated events, especially by the Europeans because there the sports they are best at.

The figure skating has been really impressive this year aswel, i normally don't watch it but the Chinese are amazing.

Speed skating is brilliant too.

Of course its never complete without watching the cross country skiing and even better the Biathlon, i absolutely love them events.

Germans have been unbelievable again this year in the luge, the german that got gold was a second ahead of his team mate in silver who was already marginally ahead of third. That never happens in luge, thats like a f1 car winning a race a lap ahead of second. Brilliant!

So yeah, i pay alot of attention to the games :L I prefer winter olympics to the summer ones to be honest.

Oh yeah, and in terms of Venue, this has been one of the worst olympic games every. The stadiums and the facilities are brilliant, but the weather isn't right in van coover...I know you can't do anything about the weather, but it shouldn't be in places where the conditions are so poor.

Hugh
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:I can't be bothered with Ice hockey, its too boring.
Your opinion is wrong.

Anyway I'm happy with the way the olympics are going because everyone knows that we're going to win ice hockey, and that's the only event that matters anyway. Yay Canada!

klc123
Veteran Member

Lol, actually canada have won some actual proper events too.

I love Canadians because they say football instead of soccer.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

klc123 wrote:Lol, actually canada have won some actual proper events too.

I love Canadians because they say football instead of soccer.
Maybe the commentators do on TV, but make no mistake; to ordinary Canadians, it's still soccer.

Speaking of ice hockey... Shitshow by the men's team last night. Can't believe they had to go to a shootout to beat the Swiss.

klc123
Veteran Member

In the opening ceromony the poet bloke that they had said "and yes, we say football, not soccer" :?

soccer11
Admin

I enjoyed watching that :D
that being said, even though the US is in first place, I full expect Russia to play Canada in the final, at least I think that's what would be the best game

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

klc123 wrote:In the opening ceromony the poet bloke that they had said "and yes, we say football, not soccer" :?
It's not true, dammit! :p

klc123
Veteran Member

What? You mean...

...He Lied to me? :(

:cry:

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

It's hard to accept, I know, but a lot of Canadians will lie right to your face. We've learned to exploit our 'do-gooder' image in order to 'do evil'. Irony at its finest.

klc123
Veteran Member

:shock: :( :!: :?:

Hugh
Veteran Member

he's lying to your face. Don't believe him.

klc123
Veteran Member

:shock:

Im so confused...Canada is ruined for me now.. :cry:

panchester07
Veteran Member

I have canadian bloood 8) and passport. or passeport like it says in the passport ahah..

While I thought I was a sneaky mofo and could come up with the best "excuses" and "lies" for 17 years.. Your telling me I was just genetically predisposed to be a good liar :cry: ..

I.E:
Mom: Panchester, where were you so late? And why do you smell like whiskey?
Panchester :Mom, I was just doing some home work, at a friends house, when my friends dad accidentally dropped some whiskey into my mouth!!!!

Damn it!!!!!

EDIT: Looking at the passport, theress the british flag to the left side, but what flag is it to the right side.. the one with the three crosses?? Whatever it is, its a cool ass flag..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'