Your Concert Experiences

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Good, bad, ugly, what gigs have you guys been to? What have been your favourite ones? What bands would you recommend seeing live? What crazy things have happened to you at concerts? What would you recommend to people going to concerts/music festivals in terms of what to bring/do?

I went to the Big Day Out on Friday (NZ/Aussie equivalent to something like Glastonbury I think) and it was AWESOME!!!!!!! My first one, and I seriously can't wait for next January to come around! Unfortunately I missed a couple of acts cause I was looking for my friend who basically ditched me (so not fun looking for one person in a crowd of 45,000 spread over a massive stadium/other general areas...) but it was still a really good day/night :D Any Aussie users here going to the BDO's in Oz?
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

The Killers, January 2009, St. Louis. Got a Phonecall from the drummer the morning of the Concert and i was on the Guest List. Free Front Row Seats, The Show was the best ever! Free Backstage passes. I had a few beers with the Killers, then came home for about 3 hours of sleep before school the next day. Greatest Experience Ever lol

The Killers, Sometime 2008, Nashville. Was before they released the second leg of the tour (that was with St. Louis), so i figured it might have been my only chance to go, went on a little Road Trip done and the Concert was Fantastic.

Tiesto, October 2009, St. Louis Home Club. Amazing to see one of the Worlds Best DJ in a Club with about a few hundred People when usually he is playing in sold out STADIUMS with Thousands and Thousands, will never forget it.

Will post some more later

In the future i am planning on going to Trance Energy in Holland, along with Sensation White and a few others

scottS4
Veteran Member

i've only been to 2 concerts but they were both really good.
-the iron maiden concert in june of 2008 and that was awesome.
-the pink floyd experience, 2 weeks ago and it was good as well, but alot more mellow than maiden.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Oxygen - July 2009 - Punchestown, Kildare, Ireland
Best festival ever, if you ever have 250 euro to spare cash in on a few tickets to this bring a few friends, a tent and loads of booze and it is incredible

The main bulk of acts

Blur
Eagles Of Death Metal
Keane
Lily Allen
Pendulum
Snow Patrol
The Script

Kings of Leon
Bloc Party
Doves

The Killers
Katy Perry
Lady GaGa
Nine Inch Nails
The Ting Tings

Kings of Leon and Blur were the only real dissapointments, mainly cause they were so wiped out on weed they didn't seem arsed about communication with the crowd

Its won Best Overseas Festival at The UK Festival Awards and crowned Top International Festival at some other award yokey

Arctic Monkeys - November 2009 - The O2 Arena, Dublin, Ireland
Don't remember enough to comment... But it was class according to Friends :D
Last edited by NewBornProdigy on 17 Jan 2010, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Tiesto- Came to panama in the december 2009.. Really cool, I went to the VIP section and I had 3 friends promoting the concert so I had drinks for free etc. Girls were really really crazy, and where dancing all close to you with out even knowing you, boys, byos are always crazy so the mood was wild.

Soda Stereo- Fantastic concert. The tickets sold out in a week, it was in a football stadium, the day before I was just adrenaline full, and the concert was just great, I knew all the songss and sang and stuff.

Sean Kingston - Not really a concert though he came to an auto even and sang like 5 songs.

Daddy Yankee - Cool as hell, really!

Wisin y Yandel - It was awesome and stuff but they do sing very different than in normal cds

then local singers that play at 15 year old parties like Eddie Lover, Danger Man, Match and Daddy, El kid, El Rookie.. People you probably wouldnt know
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote:Oxygen - July 2009 - Punchestown, Kildare, Ireland
Best festival ever, if you ever have 250 euro to spare cash in on a few tickets to this bring a few friends, a tent and loads of booze and it is incredible

The main bulk of acts

Blur
Eagles Of Death Metal
Keane
Lily Allen
Pendulum
Snow Patrol
The Script

Kings of Leon
Bloc Party
Doves

The Killers
Katy Perry
Lady GaGa
Nine Inch Nails
The Ting Tings

Kings of Leon and Blur were the only real dissapointments, mainly cause they were so wiped out on weed they didn't seem arsed about communication with the crowd

Its won Best Overseas Festival at The UK Festival Awards and crowned Top International Festival at some other award yokey

Arctic Monkeys - November 2009 - The O2 Arena, Dublin, Ireland
Don't remember enough to comment... But it was class according to Friends :D
Jeez, Oxygen sounds AMAZING. That has now officially gone on my to-do list within the next... 5 years or so :)

What was the booze control like there? I'm not a drinker myself, but it's always interesting to hear how people try to get around those kinds of restrictions... One girl from my school smuggled in vodka in a sunblock bottle :lol:

... Wish you were better

panchester07
Veteran Member

The Girls here when they turn 15 they all go to a disney trip and a cruise around the carribean.. People here start drinking at 13 so they where already "social drinkers" and they went thought of thousands of crazy ideas to smuggle alcohol in to the cruise..

They bought the alcohol here in panama (little or no restriction of age), they bought shampoo and conditioner bottles of the big ones, and clean them all out, and put the Ron, Seco, Vodka in it or whatever.... They got sh*t faceddd everyday and had the time of their life.. My sister went last year (2009) and she told me some of the stories.... There are more ways they did it but they remain secret or un told

godofthesea
Sophomore Member

QUEEN PLUS PAUL RODGERS- 1st concert, was amazing really intense atmosphere. Very good. Just a fukin' party!

Guns N Roses- awesome. lots of small acts beforhand including strippers. unfortunately i only saw the beggining of therir set because my stupid dad's friend had work the next day even though i paid for the tickets. :evil:

Stone Temple Pilots- saw them at bumpershoot festival. they came on like 45 minutes late so everyone was pissed. but they made up for it. 1st time I crowd surfed and first time I witnessed someone smoking pot out of a carrot. :)

The Black Keys- opened for STP and in my opinion owned them. Absolutely amazing for a 2 person band.

Metallica- the best show ive ever seen as far as stage effects. There was like the 50 year old, old school metal heads who were just partyin like noone else haha really awesome.

Pearl Jam- my favorite band, simple show but had more energy than any other band ive seen. Spectacular!!

Ben Harpor- opened for pearl jam. couldnt really hear that well cus of my seats but was still very good.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

LiveTheDream wrote:Jeez, Oxygen sounds AMAZING. That has now officially gone on my to-do list within the next... 5 years or so :)

What was the booze control like there? I'm not a drinker myself, but it's always interesting to hear how people try to get around those kinds of restrictions... One girl from my school smuggled in vodka in a sunblock bottle :lol:
Ha do you live in Ireland?
Anyways its unfucking beleiveable, but it cost in the region of 200-250 for the 3 days its on... thats just the tickets, so work your ass off, but i'm like definietely going again next year, it like makes your summer

There's the place called the arena and thats basically where the music is played, glass containers (but generally all containers are banned from there)... so there is very little alcohol usually, but they're not insanely strict (I got a naggin of vodka in by putting it in my hood)... Other than that there is the campsite, which is where the main party goes on, there is nearly no drink monitoring there and to be honest guys from dublin in the tent across from me whipped out this MASSIVE bag of coke outside the tent and started snorting away... Like you might see the odd security guard, but they aren't prioritiesed to find drink

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Nah, I live in NZ... But when I do my OE I'm definitely going to Ireland, my Grandad was from Ireland and it's one of those places that I've always wanted to go to at some point :D

... Wish you were better

panchester07
Veteran Member

Akon came to panama on wednsday... I missed it, like a dummy.. :? That would have been a nice one to add to the list.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:Akon came to panama on wednsday... I missed it, like a dummy.. :? That would have been a nice one to add to the list.
I hate missing gigs that I would have loved to go to... Something I've noticed a lot lol, whenever a band comes and plays a gig I tend to get into their stuff AFTER, and start kicking myself that I didn't go to their show... :x

... Wish you were better

BJ7
Sophomore Member

Muse- deafening

Kansas- first row - bleachers shaking and rattling

Won't back down

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote:
LiveTheDream wrote:Jeez, Oxygen sounds AMAZING. That has now officially gone on my to-do list within the next... 5 years or so :)

Ha do you live in Ireland?
Anyways its unfucking beleiveable, but it cost in the region of 200-250 for the 3 days its on... thats just the tickets, so work your ass off, but i'm like definietely going again next year, it like makes your summer

There's the place called the arena and thats basically where the music is played, glass containers (but generally all containers are banned from there)... so there is very little alcohol usually, but they're not insanely strict (I got a naggin of vodka in by putting it in my hood)... Other than that there is the campsite, which is where the main party goes on, there is nearly no drink monitoring there and to be honest guys from dublin in the tent across from me whipped out this MASSIVE bag of coke outside the tent and started snorting away... Like you might see the odd security guard, but they aren't prioritiesed to find drink
Sorta Random, but Eminem is gunna perform at Oxygen this year....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

jessclark92

By far the best live performers at any large venue are U2 and Muse.
I thought Chevelle, Shinedown, Sick Puppies, Pearl Jam, Alkaline Trio, Beastie Boys, Audioslave, and blink play good medium sized venues like House of Blues.
Best small concert was when the Arctic Monkeys played in a small bar before they got really big. I think the coolest fans are at any Set Your Goals, Swellers,New Found Glory, Atreyu, blink-182, Four Years Strong and Silverstein conncerts since its crazy. But Warped Tour and Bonnaroo are the best festivles I've been to. Lalapalooza is a must every year since I live 30mins from Chicago.
Ronaldo impersinating Arsen Wenger

Rooney thinking: should I laugh or should I punch him?