The Naughty Jokes Thread

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
pickyourheadup
Veteran Member
Posts: 822
Joined: 15 Apr 2007, 23:37

Post

MUFC1994 wrote:
a Haitian guy walks into a bar.... it collapses
omg, made me laugh so hard. Then I felt really bad....then I laughed some more :cry: .
_____________________

1. I used to have a central vacuum in my house. I had it uninstalled after a few years because it sucked.


2. True story:

My engineering teacher in high school always told corny puns in class. One day, we were going over water systems. He trips on a backpack, "unintentionally", and yells "DAM!".


3. SHIITake mushrooms!
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

Thats my point exactly Panchester. You get idiots everywhere, its reguardless of race or sex.

Once you start taking offense to a joke about race or sex its like your accepting the sterotype yourself which is just as racist, maybe even more, than the joke itself.

Magicfeet
Moderator
Posts: 1212
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 10:03
Location: England

Post

I don't think I'd agree with that, guys.

Klc/Panchester, if for arguments sake, someone makes a jokey generalization about a race and I don't like it, that doesn't make me racist, nor does it mean I'm "accepting the stereotype."

It means I don't like the derogatory or insulting nature of the joke - deliberate or not. If I know something isn't true that doesn't mean I need to "grow up" if I find it offensive.

But yeah, it's definitely best not to get yourself worked up about offensive jokes... it's a pretty pointless endeavour.

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

I donno, it just seems many people have a chip on their shoulder, and if you what so ever bring race into it they play the racism card quicker than a Las vegas dealer.

I donno about you but i don't find any racist jokes offensive, wether they are directed at me or not and couldn't care less, i laugh when people call me a alchoholic or pikey because im irish backround, but thats just me.

Edit:

I remember a thing that happened at school and my school teacher said "its fine when mature people have a bit of banter and joke between themselfs, its when immature people who haven't go the self esteem to take it on the chin and just laugh at it get involved that people start taking offense from jokes"

This may or may not be true, but i must say i agree with it, if everyone had a mature and relaxed approach then no one would ever get offended, they would just laugh it off.

And im by no means saying that been racist is mature, or your immature if your not racist, im just saying that it takes maturity to think to yourself "you know what, i don't care whatsoever so im not gonna be offended" I think that approach is much more mature than making a big deal out of something someone may or may not have meant as a meaningless joke.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3851
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

Magicfeet that sounds like a personal problem of yours, not one the world has, it seems that you for some reason don't like unrealistic jokes, because they are too unrealistic, when the funny thing is how unrealistic they are..

I aggree with Klc, you know how many times the year when I lived in the USA i had to suck up to stupid jokes, made towards mexicans, that are 1050 % diferent than panamanians?

Whatever, its to have a laugh, and to be done, the definition of a dummy is the one that takes those jokes to the chest..

Magicfeet, When you watch a Disney Movie, do you get offended because its not real? Do you get offended because theres people that believe the message is real? Its the same thing, its a dumb joke, a dumb movie thats just designed for entertainmnent, and the few dmbasses that actually consider that there is an inferior race don't even deserve to be alive so forget them...

Why so serious??

Really, maybe one of the dumbest things i've heard, racist jokes are like I dont know, fairy god parents, its funny, its dumb, its not real, but its entertaining...

If we can handle baby killing, which happens in real life..
If we can handle jokes about a nation that suffered a catastrophe, which is real..
Why can't we handle an imaginary stereotype...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

Technically blondes and babies are "groups" of people and therefore there can be prejudice against them like any other "group" be it blacks, asians, dentist, gays, etc.




IMO it should be either neutral jokes or free for all. Watch a stand up special. The best comedians tell some of the most sexist, racist jokes in history yet there are still blacks, gays, women, hispanics etc laughing at them because it's a joke.

steve-0
Veteran Member
Posts: 931
Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 22:18
Location: Virginia

Post

pickyourheadup wrote:MUFC1994 wrote:
a Haitian guy walks into a bar.... it collapses
omg, made me laugh so hard. Then I felt really bad....then I laughed some more :cry: .
haha that's pretty funny, sad, but funny.

Bernie Mac told some of the funniest dirty jokes i've ever heard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85m9iP0EK3k
Image

Nat_H
Veteran Member
Posts: 1559
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 18:03

Post

I agree with you klc123. If racist jokes are immature (they are, I believe) then so are "dirty" jokes. Again, I've got no prob with this thread, but just wanted to bring this up.

bsc
Veteran Member
Posts: 872
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 16:54
Location: University of Delaware

Post

Racist jokes are only funny because racism is real. There are people that believe horrible steriotypes about people that are different from themselves. If the world ever becomes a place without racism, those jokes wouldn't even make sense. I know that it's completely ridiculous, but I'd rather live in a world where racism could cease to exhist. If you guys can't contain yourselves from laughing about things that people fight to correct, please start a completely different thread, and people who disagree can simply not click the topic.

It has nothing to do with "maturity level" It has to do with respect for people like Martin Luther King JR, and everyone else that died for equality and the idea that no race is better than another. I got my friends to give up telling racist jokes (at least around me) and it's a step in the right direction for our multi-cultural society.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

Magicfeet
Moderator
Posts: 1212
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 10:03
Location: England

Post

panchester07 wrote:Magicfeet that sounds like a personal problem of yours, not one the world has, it seems that you for some reason don't like unrealistic jokes, because they are too unrealistic, when the funny thing is how unrealistic they are..

I aggree with Klc, you know how many times the year when I lived in the USA i had to suck up to stupid jokes, made towards mexicans, that are 1050 % diferent than panamanians?

Whatever, its to have a laugh, and to be done, the definition of a dummy is the one that takes those jokes to the chest..

Magicfeet, When you watch a Disney Movie, do you get offended because its not real? Do you get offended because theres people that believe the message is real? Its the same thing, its a dumb joke, a dumb movie thats just designed for entertainmnent, and the few dmbasses that actually consider that there is an inferior race don't even deserve to be alive so forget them...

Why so serious??

Really, maybe one of the dumbest things i've heard, racist jokes are like I dont know, fairy god parents, its funny, its dumb, its not real, but its entertaining...

If we can handle baby killing, which happens in real life..
If we can handle jokes about a nation that suffered a catastrophe, which is real..
Why can't we handle an imaginary stereotype...
Personal problem? Uh, no. I personally don't take offense from these jokes. I don't think you read me post properly. "FOR ARGUMENTS SAKE." For the sake of a discussion.

What I take issue with is the assumption that because someone takes offense to a racist/sexist/whatever joke that THEY are immature and that THEY are 'accepting' the stereotype. Because I don't think it's true.

Rummandinho
Senior Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 03:43

Post

effin epic jokes about Haiti, guys. I felt guilty laughing about it all the time, my gf saw them and she was laughing guiltily too xD
Image

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

BSC, i donno if you and your friends are like this.

But with my mates, we highlight tiny things about eachother that obviously aren't a problem and take the piss out of eachother for it because its a bit of banter and its a laugh. Its fine because we all know its a laugh and we don't get offended or take anything to heart whatsoever.

So what if your sterotyped to be something that many people of your race or group are? You know your not and the person joking about it probably knows your not if its a racist *joke*.

Racism is wrong, but it can still be joked about and be funny. Its like war and natural disasters, their horrible things, but jokes are still made about them and they are still funny reguardless.

I think people that take offence to racism are unlucky but also are not that sure of themselfs. If someone called me an alcoholic because im irish and they meant it as an insult, i would just grin to myself and take it on the chin because i know im not an alchoholic and "sticks and stones"...

If your attacked racially its different, then you have a right to be upset because you've actually been hurt, but if your hurt by words and sterotypes that you know aren't true, it doesn't show alot of maturity. Its the same as a small child starting to cry because they got called fat by another kid. They know their not fat but they don't have the maturity to think "i know im not fat so i don't care." Racism is the same thing in my opinion.

And don't say that i have no experience, because i have been racially discriminated against. Whenever i walk through the park on my own i always get racist abuse from asian gangs calling me honkie and other things like that, but i honestly don't care, if their so insecure about themselfs that they have to insult other races then it doesn't say alot for themselfs does it.

And equality and racism in my context are not the same. Yes you do get inequality in the world due to racism, that is wrong and that should be fought against, but not all racism is inequality. Just because i get called a few names doesn't mean im not getting treated as an equal person in society, because a same gang could call me names for how i dress or act, if thats that case they you have to ban "name-calling" to have an equal world. Luckily it isn't the case.

There will always be idiots to try and insult people, and there will always be things to insult people about, such as race. It depends on the maturity of the person who they are trying to insult wether or not it is successful. Because remember, people who insult other people are doing it to try and upset them, if you get upset about it and say "oooh thats racist you c**t" then you've already given them what they wanted because you've taken offense.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3851
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

I agree with KLC..

Me and my friends say racist jokes every now and then.. I use to have a muslim friend, he called me a beaner, and asked me If I went to the USA in a donkey.. I went on a plane in first class, but thanks to some mexicans I gotta take those jokes, I do just fine..

I counterattacked asking him if they play sports with grenade in Iran, and he askes me if we do so with bananas in panama..

We had a black friend as well, and I would always mock him telling hi to him like "yo dawg, whats cracking player, U straight"? I suck at that, but it was funny, and then they would make fun of my hispanic accent..

I think the people that are personally against rasists jokes either haven't received one in real life, or received one and took it the wrong way...

They are unrealistic assumptions about a race.. How unrealistic and exagerated they are is what makes them funny, when people laugh at the joke, they don't laugh to offend the race, they laugh at the exageration made... I will explain
If someone says:
They're was a mexican person in a bar, and then 3 KKK came and kill him.. Is that funny? fu** no, thats offensive and retarted..

On the other hand, if you say:
What do you call a mexican with a rubber toe?
Roberto!!!!!!
Thats funny because thats plain out silly.. Its dumb, not true, and your not making fun of mexico, your making laughing 100% at the joke....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Magicfeet
Moderator
Posts: 1212
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 10:03
Location: England

Post

panchester07 wrote: They are unrealistic assumptions about a race.. How unrealistic and exagerated they are is what makes them funny, when people laugh at the joke, they don't laugh to offend the race, they laugh at the exageration made...
You can't really say "people laugh at racist jokes because..." without generalizing. I dare say some people - genuine racists - will tell racist jokes and laugh at them because it's demeaning to the race involved... not because of the exaggeration.

Just because we laugh at them because of their over the top exaggerations, that's not to say everyone does - And therein lies the problem.

bsc
Veteran Member
Posts: 872
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 16:54
Location: University of Delaware

Post

I agree panchester about one part, there's nothing wrong with joking around with friends, I just find that a lot of the time jokes like these cross the line and are just backwards and terrible. Here's an example of the type of joke that I'd rather this thread not become full of. I chose a non-explicit one but still SHOULD offend you. I'll take it down if the mods don't even want one up as an example (or u could just edit it out for me)

What do you call a bus full of black guy driving off the edge of a cliff?
A good start.

I just think jokes like this that talk abou how some people are worth less to the world (which is incorrect) should not be allowed. Even in a joking sense there's no way to justify this. (goes towards all races, that was just a single example)
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

Post Reply