Cant post in the awrds!!

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post by 2brown347 » 16 Dec 2009, 23:59

panchester07 wrote:With all respect I disagree.. I havent seen many S11 5.00 or 4.00 posts in a long long while if ever. I dont wanna be a dickbag or anything but its the truth..

I do see him contributing positively, guiding the new members, or anyone with any doubt, but thats his job as a Admin, and thats also what tells everybody what quality member he is...

Like I said just because the a team plays well dont mean the team is gonna get the trophy if they played well.. Soccer11 does his job as an admin, but if you cant find any 5.00 posts then why make them up..

Your a good - great member brown, so am I just gonna rate you a free 4.00 if i were a mod because you are a great member and you "deserve" it..

So if I only post good things, and positive things even though they are obvious, am I gonna get a free 5.00?
With the forum how it is now all members make a lot more useless and sarcastic post then in the past. From the time I joined (2006 I think) I've always considered S11 as one of the more helpful members. Just because during the past couple months he hasn't been mr. incredible doesn't take away that he's benefited a site, which is exactly why his an admin now. Like you said a team playing better doesn't mean they should get the throphy, but one of their players might still get MVP.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2175
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by fir_nev » 17 Dec 2009, 00:58

panchester07 wrote:With all respect I disagree.. I havent seen many S11 5.00 or 4.00 posts in a long long while if ever. I dont wanna be a dickbag or anything but its the truth..

I do see him contributing positively, guiding the new members, or anyone with any doubt, but thats his job as a Admin, and thats also what tells everybody what quality member he is...

Like I said just because the a team plays well dont mean the team is gonna get the trophy if they played well.. Soccer11 does his job as an admin, but if you cant find any 5.00 posts then why make them up..

Your a good - great member brown, so am I just gonna rate you a free 4.00 if i were a mod because you are a great member and you "deserve" it..

So if I only post good things, and positive things even though they are obvious, am I gonna get a free 5.00?
Please log in to SNUX and look for soccer11. That way, U can find archive of his posts.
Last edited by expert on 02 Oct 2015, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link fix
Image

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post by Rome_Leader » 17 Dec 2009, 00:59

Well, you're not really one to pass judgment, panchester. Perhaps you have a point, and perhaps you don't, but the rating system has and always has been an individual Mod's prerogative. You won't find rating 'rules' or even guidelines of sorts anywhere.
Image

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 17 Dec 2009, 01:24

Rome_Leader wrote:Well, you're not really one to pass judgment, panchester. Perhaps you have a point, and perhaps you don't, but the rating system has and always has been an individual Mod's prerogative. You won't find rating 'rules' or even guidelines of sorts anywhere.
I was never judging frend, I was just say a comment in general and posting my observationss about this matter particularly, I can assure Im not the only one that thinks this wayy either.... I 100% didnt mean to offend any one (hope I didnt do such thing) with these statements, or to make others like me.. I was just voicing my opinion on the matttter....

Respect to the mods, you guys keep EF runningg :D
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2175
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by fir_nev » 17 Dec 2009, 01:29

panchester07 wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:Well, you're not really one to pass judgment, panchester. Perhaps you have a point, and perhaps you don't, but the rating system has and always has been an individual Mod's prerogative. You won't find rating 'rules' or even guidelines of sorts anywhere.
I was never judging frend, I was just say a comment in general and posting my observationss about this matter particularly, I can assure Im not the only one that thinks this wayy either.... I 100% didnt mean to offend any one (hope I didnt do such thing) with these statements, or to make others like me.. I was just voicing my opinion on the matttter....

Respect to the mods, you guys keep EF runningg :D
We understand, panchester. If U keep contributing/helping useful posts, I can assure U that Ur ratings will improve. We are not biased in ratings.
Image

Nat_H
Veteran Member
Posts: 1559
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 18:03

Post by Nat_H » 17 Dec 2009, 03:55

Alright, the comment I made was a joke. But in reality: You want to see S11's ONE GOOD POST? Too bad, you're not a mod.

Reward people for their good posts; don't be lazy and make it up.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman
Posts: 2801
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 19:39
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post by iwannagopro » 17 Dec 2009, 09:46

Everyone here needs to cool off. The content of soccer11's post does not matter, as I rated him solely to show newer members the quality of his efforts on the forums. Soccer11 is an admin and does a lot of behind the scenes work that many of you will most likely never realize happens here. He also contributes regularly in all areas of the forum, and I know for a fact that he has made terrific posts in the past, which are surely deserving of a 5. I did this of my own volition, so if you feel like this is still an issue, you may direct your comments to me. Soccer11 and the mod team had nothing to do with this decision.
Nat_H wrote:Reward people for their good posts; don't be lazy and make it up.
I never pretended that his post was amazing. Frankly, I don't need to show anyone the post because it was simply moderator business that doesn't need to be discussed by anyone else. Ratings ultimately mean nothing more than the worth you give them. Everyone who is complaining here are the ones who are being immature.

Also, none of the mods are biased in handing out ratings. I have handed out my fair share of ratings, in fact I quite enjoy handing out 4 and 5 ratings. If I see deserving posts, I promise you I will always make the effort to remember to rate them.

Magicfeet
Moderator
Posts: 1212
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 10:03
Location: England

Post by Magicfeet » 17 Dec 2009, 14:24

iwannagopro wrote:Also, none of the mods are biased in handing out ratings.
One was, hence my slightly embarassing rating. :roll:

However, it is important for people to realize that these ratings aren't really important. They give you a general indication of an individuals contribution to this site. If you make lots of excellent posts, your rating will be high. If you consistently make poor posts, you'll either have no rating or you'll have a poor one. It's ridiculous to assume the staff have the time to rate every good/bad post, or to think that each staff members will grade things in the exact same manner.

Make your own minds up. This place isn't so vibrant with activity that you can't remember who the "good" posters are. If we did away with the ratings tomorrow, I would still know which members post with quality. Wouldn't you?

As for the "I haven't seen this guy make a good post wtf how did he get a 5 wtf lololol" comment (paraphrased for effect)... well, that may be the case. Some of us have been on the site since it's inception. I doubt you've seen me make any good posts either, but that's not to say I didn't in the past. Whether I ever did or not, however, is completely irrelevant here. But I did. Hopefully.

Also, to be quite frank, Soccer11 has done a lot for this site; he deserves credit. Personally, I think ratings can diminish from the staff somewhat and are therefore a tad detrimental at times. But that's just me... I don't really pay attention to them. Not since I lost my 5. Hah! :twisted:

Now I'll return to my cupboard. If Rome_Leader would be kind enough to lock the door, that would be just super.

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post by soccer11 » 17 Dec 2009, 16:21

The ridiculousness of this topic is astounding.

You dicks want a "5" post? alright.

How to be a good mod/admin:
1) Keep sh*t organized.
2) Make sure no major arguments take place and no out of line name calling in terms of racist comments and the like.
3) Keep an eye out for bots and quickly dispose of them so few, if anyone notices. There is quite a few actually. (I bet you tw**s didn't know that)
4) Answer any questions or problems users may have.
5) ignore feeble minded dicks like panchester when they take repeated shots at you.

There's more to it but just so you get an idea. The more you know . . .
Image

Nat_H
Veteran Member
Posts: 1559
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 18:03

Post by Nat_H » 17 Dec 2009, 17:05

Wow. No, I'm not being immature, I'm making an observation. S11 is obviously an admin, obviously has 4000+ posts. You can't really make an argument that he "needed to be rewarded."

I don't even care so don't try justifying anything; it's not a big deal. I made an observation.

Who's calling names, S11? Observation: you. This place is too fun

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 17 Dec 2009, 17:07

soccer11 wrote:The ridiculousness of this topic is astounding.

You dicks want a "5" post? alright.

How to be a good mod/admin:
1) Keep sh*t organized.
2) Make sure no major arguments take place and no out of line name calling in terms of racist comments and the like.
3) Keep an eye out for bots and quickly dispose of them so few, if anyone notices. There is quite a few actually. (I bet you tw**s didn't know that)
4) Answer any questions or problems users may have.
5) ignore feeble minded dicks like panchester when they take repeated shots at you.

There's more to it but just so you get an idea. The more you know . . .
hahahah thanks for the personall attack mod,, lucky mee i dont know what feeble or minded is.. jk i just dont know what feeble is, but im pretty sure you just did what you tell us all not to do, and what if i would do i would receive a rating in the blink of an eye :lol:

and that insult was so out of the blue, like i kepted my tone nice, and i asked logical questions, and had logical arguments like the ones you read in this thread... and you call me a feeble dick, niceee, real matura mod.. no offense but try to practice what you preach a little more..
if i took ef to seriously, i would be an unhappy guy
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman
Posts: 2801
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 19:39
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post by iwannagopro » 17 Dec 2009, 18:10

I was just trying to mark soccer11 as a good member, but many of you here are blowing this out of proportion.

There panchester, you have a 5 rating. Anyone else who wants a 5 rating can pm me and ask for one. Nat, you're not necessarily being immature, as much as you are making a deal out of something that is nonexistent. If I was a cop and I was sliding stolen money to other cops, then you can call me out as corrupt. This is an internet forum, and I just gave a hardworking member a 5 next to his name. Like I said, if it really means that much to you (or anyone else), go ahead and pm me and I'll rate one of your posts a 5. We all know who the good posters are here.

Magicfeet
Moderator
Posts: 1212
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 10:03
Location: England

Post by Magicfeet » 17 Dec 2009, 18:26

You know what? This thread has gone as far as it's going to go. If anyone objects with me closing the thread, PM me about it and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

Football, not bickering about ratings.

Locked.

Locked