What are some british saying?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 28 Oct 2009, 20:49

Croatianblood1 wrote:they joke about my apparent accent
Trust me you have an accent

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 28 Oct 2009, 22:26

INTER1908 wrote:
scottS4 wrote:if yall lahk a good ayuksent, yall maht lahk theeus video:
(thats my horrible attempt at typing a southern US accent)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k
Yeah, that was a disgrace. I'm from Oklahoma and we don't talk like that..
Well i had to exaggerate it or else it wouldn't have looked any different than how i'm typing now.

But i'm betting you do have an accent. You probably just dont realize it because everyone else sounds like you do. but if you went north, people might be able to tell.

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Re: What are some british saying?

Post by chicagofirefan » 29 Oct 2009, 00:19

panchester07 wrote:What are some british sayings like this lads? Thank you mates

God save the queen!
I feel sorry for you

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 29 Oct 2009, 01:49

scottS4 wrote:
INTER1908 wrote:
scottS4 wrote:if yall lahk a good ayuksent, yall maht lahk theeus video:
(thats my horrible attempt at typing a southern US accent)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k
Yeah, that was a disgrace. I'm from Oklahoma and we don't talk like that..
Well i had to exaggerate it or else it wouldn't have looked any different than how i'm typing now.

But i'm betting you do have an accent. You probably just dont realize it because everyone else sounds like you do. but if you went north, people might be able to tell.
Ha alright, yeah I know I have an accent. Just making sure you didn't think that we talked like hill billies.
Made by 2Brown.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 29 Oct 2009, 02:38

Davidson9 wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:they joke about my apparent accent
Trust me you have an accent
Yeah and not just an American accent but a Buffalonian accent lol.

And you Canadians have a fun accent youselves, eh? :P :D

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 29 Oct 2009, 03:20

chicagofirefan wrote:
panchester07 wrote:What are some british sayings like this lads? Thank you mates

God save the queen!
I feel sorry for you

go suck a fat dickk my friend :) wtf is yur problem lad? I can speak how ever I want yeh lousy piece of sh*t. And if you dont like it, and if you have a problem chap, then ill see you at the park, or at pms ?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 29 Oct 2009, 03:24

G'day gentlemen, I find the treatment of our own Sir Panchester of quite poor taste. Let us end the hoorah goin around this here thread, for it is awefully inappropriate! Surely we could give the good old boy some help and end this hubbub once and for all. Cheerio!

... wait

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 29 Oct 2009, 03:30

2brown347 wrote:G'day gentlemen, I find the treatment of our own Sir Panchester of quite poor taste. Let us end the hoorah goin around this thread, for it is awefully inappropriate! Surely we could give the good old boy some help and end this hubbub once and for all. Cheerio!

... wait

:lol: :lol:

Hahaha, really after reading my question that was greatly clear, I do not understand why your responses where so sarcastic, the truth is I care less than 5 shillings, if you dont find my post interesting, ill remain a happy lad, and discuss these matters, with people that find culture interesting. If yall want to talk about Sponge Bob and play World of War Craft all day go ahead.

Funny thing is, talking to English people, real people not internet people, I got normal responses, its not a hard question or even personal, i didnt ask anybody if they had sifilis or anything, i just was wondering how the mates in englad expressed themselves.

I guess its too complex for some...

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 29 Oct 2009, 03:42

panchester07 wrote:
chicagofirefan wrote:

God save the queen!
I feel sorry for you

go suck a fat dickk my friend :) wtf is yur problem lad? I can speak how ever I want yeh lousy piece of sh*t. And if you dont like it, and if you have a problem chap, then ill see you at the park, or at pms ?
Well now you're just being an assh**e
panchester07 wrote:I care less than 5 shillings, if you dont find my post interesting, ill remain a happy lad
You realize shillings are no longer British currency. Seriously, you're a fu**ing idiot

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 29 Oct 2009, 03:46

Good evening Panchester, it's quite splendid to hear from you so soon. I'm quite disgusted by the slanderous things these heathens are saying. But enough of these unfortunite matters. Its been ages since we've spoken, sit down and I'll have Winston fetch us a pot tea and my finest brandy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 29 Oct 2009, 03:51

2brown347 wrote:Good evening Panchester, it's quite splendid to hear from you so soon. I'm quite disgusted by the slanderous things these heathens are saying. But enough of these unfortunite matters. Its been ages since we've spoken, sit down and I'll have Winston fetch us a pot tea and my finest brandy.
How about we forget the tea and just have some brandy with some brandy :D Thanks for the invitation, does it come with a happy ending?

So tell me honorable sir, How do you do?

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 29 Oct 2009, 04:06

panchester07 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:Good evening Panchester, it's quite splendid to hear from you so soon. I'm quite disgusted by the slanderous things these heathens are saying. But enough of these unfortunite matters. Its been ages since we've spoken, sit down and I'll have Winston fetch us a pot tea and my finest brandy.
How about we forget the tea and just have some brandy with some brandy :D Thanks for the invitation, does it come with a happy ending?

So tell me honorable sir, How do you do?
Dear gent, I wasn't speaking of your mistress when I mensioned brandy, for this is not the place for that. Surely you can but some brandy in your tea if you must, even though its not well accepted in our culture we all have our vices.

I fear to inform you I'm having the most horrid day. My maid has been stricken by a terrible flu, and when I returned home from the theater my bed was still unmade. Needless to say she was dealt with and replaced, but its quite a disappointment for she was a trustworthy young women. On top of this my weekly polo match was ended by a terrible rain storm. Quite disappointing I must say.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 29 Oct 2009, 04:08

Don't talk like the fag boy part of england that go fox hunting with no guns. Talk like the scousers and chavs. Way more fun.
Made by 2Brown.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 29 Oct 2009, 04:19

INTER1908 wrote:Don't talk like the fag boy part of england that go fox hunting with no guns. Talk like the scousers and chavs. Way more fun.
'Ello good sir. I fear I'm being to blunt but what nonsense do you speak of? Surely I wouldn't be caught speaking like one of those obnoxious cads and I am shocked you would promote their vile use of language.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 29 Oct 2009, 04:23

2brown347 wrote:
INTER1908 wrote:Don't talk like the fag boy part of england that go fox hunting with no guns. Talk like the scousers and chavs. Way more fun.
'Ello good sir. I fear I'm being to blunt but what nonsense do you speak of? Surely I wouldn't be caught speaking like one of those obnoxious cads and I am shocked you would promote their vile use of language.
Well I am sorry kind sir if I, the honourable Sir Inter have offended you in anyway. But please sir, please explain how you kill a fox without a gun?
Made by 2Brown.