For Christ... Vikings Have Signed Favre.

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Dammit. If anyone here follows American football, you know that Brett Favre used to be a legend. He holds most all notable records in the sport for a QB, and he was an iron horse. He asked for his release from Green Bay, the team that nurtured him for a decade and more and loved him like a native son, to go into 'retirement'.

However, last season, he decided to sign with the New York Jets. After that season, he once again decided to RETIRE.

Once again, he decided to come out of retirement for the second time, and sign with the Minnesota Vikings, even after the deal seemed done just before the start of the pre-season, with Favre 'promising' to keep his promise and stay retired.

I for one, am hating life right now. He's destroying his own credibility and legacy with these retarded 'man crying wolf' moments. What thoughts do you guys have on the matter, if you're familiar with it?

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

We get it Farve you love the game, thats great but just stop!!!!

I don't know much about the Vikings but surley there is some young QB who thought "this is going to be my year" and now Farve swooped in and took his place. Give the youngens (sp) a chance!!

I'm sure retirement isn't easy, all that free time. But use it to your advantage. Spend time with the wife and kids, play golf, sleep in, eat whatever you want! Maybe do some commentating if you really can't handle being out of the game but just stop playing.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Yeah, exactly. Even so, if he still wanted to play, the better option was to GTFO of Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers can't wait his whole life) and play ONE OR TWO SEASONS with someone else. Not pull the same trick after a season in NY.

Well, tbh, Tavares Jackson has had his chance. He is utter crap, and has been for three years. They really don't have much of a QB, because butterfinger vet. Sage Rosenfeld is the other option. But there are OTHER CHOICES.

Why didn't they sign Vick? Or a free agent? Better than Favre, with more of a future. They just want a quick fix and a playoff run now. With AP, they think they can bring back the guy who WAS the best passer ever, and have instant success.

soccer11
Admin

I hate Favre and always have. It's bad to say but I hope in the first game he plays someone knocks him out. It's annoying to always have him on the news.

as for why didn't they sign Vick? I thought that too at first but then again Minnesota plays a West Coast offensive scheme. I don't think Vick is nearly accurate enough to play that system, especially now. He needs a system where he has more time to throw and can run around and whatnot. And also you can't put all your stock into a player that might not even be allowed to play until week 6. Favre was definitely the best fit for Minnesota. I'm just tired of hearing about him.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

soccer11 wrote:I hate Favre and always have. It's bad to say but I hope in the first game he plays someone knocks him out. It's annoying to always have him on the news.

as for why didn't they sign Vick? I thought that too at first but then again Minnesota plays a West Coast offensive scheme. I don't think Vick is nearly accurate enough to play that system, especially now. He needs a system where he has more time to throw and can run around and whatnot. And also you can't put all your stock into a player that might not even be allowed to play until week 6. Favre was definitely the best fit for Minnesota. I'm just tired of hearing about him.
That's for sure. All ESPN for a while last year was FAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVESOXSOXSOXRAYS?!FAVREFAVRE. Looks like we're in for more of that in the coming days.

But think of the Wildcat! The two fastest players in the modern day NFL, together. And Vick isn't that bad a passer... He is certainly better than the ones they have. And if he isn't, you have until Week 6 to see that development in Jackson.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Rome_Leader wrote:
soccer11 wrote:I hate Favre and always have. It's bad to say but I hope in the first game he plays someone knocks him out. It's annoying to always have him on the news.

That's for sure. All ESPN for a while last year was FAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVESOXSOXSOXRAYS?!FAVREFAVRE. Looks like we're in for more of that in the coming days.

But think of the Wildcat! The two fastest players in the modern day NFL, together. And Vick isn't that bad a passer... He is certainly better than the ones they have. And if he isn't, you have until Week 6 to see that development in Jackson.
This is why I can't watch SportsCenter. Its all about Farve. Every little topic is about Farve or something releated to Farve. Oh lets talk about Farve's teammates, how much success he will have this season, etc. SHUT UP!!!!

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Dear Brett Favre,
You need to stop.
Sincerely,
Fans of the NFL

Retire old man! You have accomplished it all! You have won a Superbowl, you have been MVP, you have all the important records for a QB! What more is there you want??

soccer11
Admin

Rome_Leader wrote:

I'm a huge Vick fan and I'm telling you, he's not that great of a passer. Honestly, I think Sage Rosenfelds is a better passer than Vick but it's everything else he can do that makes him great. Vick's completion percentage was never great.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

The fact remains, I still think he's an overall better option then Sage. Did you miss his disastrous fu**ing up of a game for the Texans last year? I just don't think the kid is ready. Just Vick's sheer skill should be enough sometimes to make other D's leave some guys in coverage for him, and maybe a QB spy.

A guy on The Score made a point the other day that it's not coincidence the day the Eagles signed Vick, the next day, the Giants devoted a practice to stopping the Wildcat and other QB run schemes. Just making them THINK about what he can do is enough to weaken a team, and make them take time away from other stuff.

whatznext

Y so much hate to the best QB ever?
Ya, he is old as hell but he is still better then half the QBs in the league. He has proven to be great every year. Last year there really wasnt any good players on the jets but he still seemed to get the job done, (most of the time).
He is old and iam pretty sure this is going to be his last year. The Viking are MUCH much better then the Jets in ever postion.

I will say it here "This will be his last season in the NFL"

John_Bob
Veteran Member

whatznext wrote:Y so much hate to the best QB ever?
Ya, he is old as hell but he is still better then half the QBs in the league. He has proven to be great every year. Last year there really wasnt any good players on the jets but he still seemed to get the job done, (most of the time).
He is old and iam pretty sure this is going to be his last year. The Viking are MUCH much better then the Jets in ever postion.

He lead the league in interceptions last year and actually looked terrible at times. If you think he is still better than half the leagues quarter backs than you are crazy, he is possibly better than half the backups in the league but is worse than almost any other starter.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

just wait till he has to go play Green Bay twice this season because their in the same division as the Vikings.........i dont care what he has done for the Packers in the past, they are gonna rip into him at Lambeau field and maybe, just maybe, he'll realize he's not wanted in the league anymore period...........I can honestly say im more excited to see a convicted criminal playing for the Eagles than Farve coming out of retirement again :shock:
sig by 2brown347

soccer11
Admin

whatznext wrote:Y so much hate to the best QB ever?

because he's a little bitch and expects everyone to bow infront of him because he 's the "best qb ever". He held the Packers, pretty much against their will for 2 years by not telling them whether he wanted to retire or not and then when the Packers finally decided to just move on, he got all pissy about it.

and for the record, i don't view him as the best qb ever. sure he has the stats but he also threw a lot of interceptions and played in a very pass heavy offense. Dan Marino, i believe, is the best all time.

whatznext

the reason he through so many INTs last year was because the WR wouldnt attack in the air. as soon as they knew that they couldnt get it they would give up. and the green bay viks game is going to be close. the viks D is good. then on the other side of the ball u have peterson and harven now.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Does Brett Favre hold the record for the most retirements in NFL history? Cause it sure seems like it. The old bag needs to move on with life.