Smart Cookie: What kind of Learner are you?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
bsc
Veteran Member

Left Brain Right Brain
50% 51%

yeah I think i'm super human too! 101% brainpower, hehe I guess when you get about even they just give you an extra percentage on a side. But really nice post BB
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

John_Bob
Veteran Member

bsc wrote:Left Brain Right Brain
50% 51%

yeah I think i'm super human too! 101% brainpower, hehe I guess when you get about even they just give you an extra percentage on a side. But really nice post BB
Since we are both superhuman would you be interested in forming an X men like crew to fight evil.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Hey if the spots open, i'll gladly be the blue dude outta watchmen... I like the idea of sleeping with my girlfreind, building atmoic bombs and going on EF at the same time

Added bonus is if anyone ever rates me one on this, i'll just take them to the sun :D

Pity i'm only 100% human

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Much less one-sided than I expected.

Left Brain Right Brain
61% 39%

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

BuzzingBee wrote:Yeah,that's called comprehension,in one year,out the other.
Hahaha! Spot on...

NBP, I will rate U a one when I am ready.

bsc
Veteran Member

John_Bob wrote:
bsc wrote:Left Brain Right Brain
50% 51%

Since we are both superhuman would you be interested in forming an X men like crew to fight evil.
Absolutely. I'm getting in costume right now, and am ready to use my superior 101% brain power to stop some evil doers. I have a responsability now, a never ending mission, A reason to get up every night and do what's right, what's my duty. I am now a creature of the dark and will be waiting every time to stare evil in the face, because I am their worst nightmare, I am ready now that I have this knowledge, thank you BB for posting this quiz to let me know my full potential. and John_Bob, we need super cool hero names.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

bsc wrote:A reason to get up every night
Be sure to counter those eye-bags first.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Mines Left Brain 41%, Right Brain 59%

When it comes to learning to be honest I just sorta take the notes and don't really pay attension to what I'm writting I just write whats being said or is on the board, then I'll scan my notes the night before the test and usually get over a 95%. When I think about it I would have done a lot better in high school if I would have just done simple homework and classwork assignments but I just counted on my test scores to keep me afloat.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Hmm...

Did the quiz twice (cause my Internet died on me before I could properly read the results) and I had two different results. First it was 51% Left Brain 49% Right Brain, now it's 46% Left Brain 54% Right Brain! Confusing much?

But I've always enjoyed stuff like English way more than maths, but I'm fairly good at Biology and Chem so I guess I'm pretty balanced :)

williamawilliams
New User

This is funny; at the end of the article it reads (Methods have been devised to "shut off" the left brain, allowing the right side to have its say. Creative writing courses often use this method to combat "writer's block." The logical left side is easily bored by lack of input and tends to "doze off" during such activities as meditation (repeating a mantra or word over and over) or in sensory deprivation environments. The right brain is then able to "sneak" into our consciousness, filling our minds with emotional and visual vignettes and freely associated images. All too quickly, though, the left brain will assert itself and dispense with these irrational images, asserting its Spock-like logical dominance and the right brain will have to be content to find expression in dreams.)

As you can tell by the results of my test, I am so close to being exclusively a right-brained guy. It sucks! The only great thing about it is that I have a NEAR photographic memory but only when it pertains to actions, people, places, or things. When it comes to numbers, I suck at remembering them... (I can if I am willing to drill it in my head 20x's but remember people that I am a right-brained guy; so as you may of guessed it, I am not willing to take the time to do that) and that’s why they said, "what the right brain CAN do" because if they said they HAVE, then of course they would have made a contradiction and that would have lost some credibility for them. All I am asking is for them to mention that and stop implying that if your left side is shut off then you "can" have a photographic memory because you can’t; Its impossible for a person to have a photographic memory when they can’t even sit still long enough to properly function. So, why would they want to turn it off? (Example, when i ran this through spell check; i had to correct 67 mistakes and that means right-brained guys can't spell)

Left Brain Right Brain
8% 92%

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

Your left brain/right brain percentage was calculated by combining the individual scores of each half's sub-categories. They are as follows:

Your Left Brain Percentages

35% Symbolic (Your most dominant characteristic)
14% Reality-based
0% Linear
0% Sequential
0% Logical
0% Verbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages

56% Random (Your most dominant characteristic)
55% Concrete
53% Intuitive
41% Fantasy-oriented
38% Nonverbal
36% Holistic (Your least dominant characteristic)