Smart Cookie: How to do your homework,without throwing up

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

How to do Homework without Throwing up

Dedication: Too all those underprivileged kids in the Middle East, to south East Asia, to Europe to south Africa, Too all those sick kids who doe no let things like cancer sop them from doing their homework.

DO NOT READ THIS: You peeked! Ha! Now that I have your attention I must tell you that this article is about homework. That’s right!

HOMEWORK before you say, “Homework, who needs it”? Think again, you need it my friend. Its not just there to make your life miserable.

Here are a few good reasons for doing homework:
• It helps you practice skills that you haven’t fully learned yet. And it helps you review skills that you have learned.
• It gives you the chance to finish up tasks that you couldn’t get done during school hours
• It helps you learn and grow
Now repeat after me: “Homework is not horrible” (well, not that horrible.) “I can do my homework without throwing up
Everybody who goes to school does homework. You are not alone. And they feel just as sick as you do when they have to do it.

uImage

Hanging out instead of going home and doing your homework is called procrastinating. Procrastinating means: I’ll think of a thousand things to do to keep me from doing my homework

Do not pull your hair out because you have homework to do. (the homework wont get done, and you’ll go bald)

People who say homework is a waste of time don’t know what their talking about. They’ll probably grow up without use full skills and might end up with jobs they really don’t like

no really,…..homework is an absolute waste of time. Now take video games. they teach you really use full tings like how to defeat monsters and other creatures. -UHM NO

Throwing a fit will not make your homework easier to do. It will probably just get you grounded.

You cannot make your homework disappear! It will not vanish into thin air.! If you try to get rid of your homework, it will just come back the next day to haunt you.

You cannot escape homework. It will follow you wherever you go. Even to the north pole. Get to your homework before it gets you

Do not fight or argue with your homework! You will lose. The best way to get your homework done without feeling sick every time you see it is to just do it. In fact if you have any homework at the moment,please put this article away and go do you. You’ll feel great afterwards, and youll be able to enjoy what your reading with having that nagging “uh-oh,gotta do my homework’ feeling in the back of your mind .Do not blame the contents of your room for your homework. Breaking your pencil into a thousand pieces, kicking your desk, attacking the lamp, or yelling at your teddy bear will not make your homework do itself. You must do it. Although you pray as hard as you can pray, wish as hard as you can wish, cry as hard as you can cry, HOMEWORK HAPPENS!!!

Ten terrible excuses for not doing your homework

1. I don’t feel like it
2. No time
3. Homework? What homework?
4. I left it at school, on the bus in the cafeteria
5. I have to watch my favorite TV show
6. Nobody reminded me
7. Homework is really,really,really,really, BORING
8. I have better things to do
9. I didn't write down the assignment
10. My dog might eat it

Here’s a GREAT thing about your homework. You get to do It at home!
Try to make friends with your homework. Friends are a lot easier to deal with than your enemies

Try to even ask how it is, like “ how ya doin? DEAR OLD AP biology book? Your looking more and more biological by the day”.

Make a homework schedule. This will tell you exactly when to do your homework and when to do all the really fun stuff that keeps you from doing homework. Hang your schedule on the fridge or in your room so you don’t forget about it. (TIP: Do not crumple,mangle,spit on,sneeze on,throw up on,wipe your dirty fingers on,or tear your homework schedule into a million pieces!

The D (for Duh) Homework Schedule

4:00 to 7: 30 Play outdoors,feed the dog,eat dinner,play video games,feed goldfish,read comic book,pick nose, twiddle thumbs,stare at the ceiling for the longest time
7:30 to 9:30 Do it all again and watch TV
9:30 Go to bed
9:31 Stare at ceiling again, remember big major homework assignment you didn’t do, sweat profusely, bit fingernails, wish for a flood or other disaster to happen so you wont have to go to school tomorrow.

The A+ Homework Schedule

4:00 to 4:30 Play outdoors; have a quick and healthy snack
4:s0 to 5:30 Homework Time! Breathe deeply, do homework, think hard, stretch think harder.
5:30 to 7:00 Stop doing homework, play, feed dog, call a friend, eat dinner
7:00 to 800 finish up any remaining homework.
8:00 to 9:30 Free Time (if your homework is done).
9:30 go to bed, sleep like a baby, dream about how happy your teacher will be about your completed homework.
Find a homework helper. Get a good Friend, or a parent or relative, to help you with your homework. A homework helper will help you understand things.

Try to eat something before you do your homework. It’s easier to concentrate if your not thinking about food.
Note: Eating the back of your pencil while doing your homework is not good for your gums, Plus you get gross flecks of yellow stuff between your teeth.

Food for thought : your brain needs fuel to run on. Foods high in proteins, carbohydrates and vitamins can provide that fuel. Foods high in fat weigh you down. Fats are hard to digest, so they keep blood in the stomach area and not in the brain (where you want it!). Feed your brain healthy snacks and drink a glass of water, juice or milk. Caffeinated drinks like soda will energize you for a little while. But then you’ll just feel more tired later.

GREAT PRE-HOMEWORK SNACKS FOR ENERRGGYY!
• Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
• Carrots and celery
• Granola bar
• Fruit
• Popcorn
• Yougurt

NOT SO GREAT PRE HOMEWORK SNACKS
• Two candy bars
• A handful of chocolate chip cookies
• A double bacon cheeseburger and fries
• Leftover candy from last Halloween
• Super-duper-sugar brand cereal
• An entire bag of potato chips
• High caffeine soft drinks

Before e you do your homework, try to clear your head. Spend a few seconds breathing deeply and push interfering thoughts out of your mind aka study now, think later

Pick the hardest homework and do it first, save the easiest for last. This means the more you do your homework, the easier it gets.

Do your homework in the same place every day. This way, the minute you sit down, you automatically switch into homework mode. As time goes by, this will become a routine and doing your homework will become easier. In other words SHHHHHH IM STUDYING!

You cannot watch television and do your homework at the same time. It doesn’t work! People who do their homework while watching television often develop” TV-Homework-Neck” ( a nervous twitch of the head that occurs as a result of continually flicking your head up to get a quick look at the television as you work. The more you flick, the more you twitch the more you twitch, the more you flick. This terrible condition gets worse as you age. “Tv-Homework-neck is embarrassing when you get old enough to kiss and you keep missing the other person’s mouth.

Homework has a speed limit. Do not write faster than 55 miles per hour. If you do your homework at excessive speeds, you’ll miss turns, hit bumps and lose your way. And your pencil might burst into flames.

[/URL]

I f noise bothers you, while you do your homework, tell everyone in the house to please be quiet! If they don’t listen, call a family meeting and say hey I am a responsible student. I am a dedicated to farthing my education. I am determined to be somebody, so please HUSHUP for goodness sake.

Sometimes it helps to have a little intermission while you’re doing your homework. Little breaks during homework help to refresh your mind. When I say little break, I mean little break of five minutes. Not a four hour break that includes three televisions how’s, a basket ball game, two pieces of toast, teaching the neighbors dog, reading all your comic books, and playing video games.
Avoid picking your nose or pulling out your eyebrow hairs while doing homework. This will only distract you.

Homework can be useful! if you want something from your parents, the best way to get it is to use your completed homework as a tool. to make this work really well for you,use he words,I've done my homework' after every sentence. For effective results,always drop your voice when you say 'done my homework' for example: Mom,I need the new X MEN comic book. I've done my homework. And the store down the street has those comics. I've done my homework. can you drive me there because i have....wait for it..'done my homework" doing your homework makes parents very happy. A happy parent will make you happy and a happy you will make your homework easier to do.

Sometimes kids have a problem with homework because they simply cant see whats on the blackboard. If you have trouble seeing what the teacher is writing,you might need glasses ( when i was young, i had a problem with homework until my mother took me to the eye doctor. My whole life changed when is tarted wearing glasses. I could see!) also its good to sit at the front,so you can see clearly and pay attention more thus increasing your chances in having a higher mark.

Image Image

Participating in class makes homework easier to do because the more involved you get,the better you'll understand what you're being taught and its good to always ask questions it helps you remember what your learning also,like a memo,and the more you ask,the more you seem interested and the more willing your teacher is to explain it to you trust me on this one guys,trust me.

In class think for yourself. If you keep asking other people for the answers,you wont understand the material and your homework will be hard to complete.

If you sleep in class,y wont even know that you have homework to do,you wont learn,you'll miss the lesson and the teacher will not appreciate it,they might even be a little reluctant at first to even bother teaching an uninterested student. trust me

Image Image

Feeling down? or depressed about your homework means you need help.Ask your teacher or parent for help they might suggest that you get a tutor. A tutor can teach you things your having trouble understanding and will help you sharpen your skills. Don't be afraid to get a tutor

Once you've receive the help you need,you'll feel A LOT better about your homework and yourself

DRINKING ALCOHOL AND USING DRUGS DO NOT MAKE YOU SMART OR MAKE HOMEWORK EASIER TO DO.IT JUST MAKES YOU DOPE AND I DON'T CARE WHO TELLS YOU OTHERWISE,YOU COME TO ME,ILL KICK YOUR ASS AND WRITE AN ESSAY ON WHY THEY ARE KAY?

you shouldn't fear your homework. Your homework should fear YOU ( simply because you cant take care of your homework anytime you want)
Your teacher didn't invent homework,so don't try to make your teachers life miserable,for example,do not stick a big piece of gooey chewed up bubblegum on your teachers chair.

You cannot bribe your teacher with an apple or even homemade apple pie.(bribing means giving your teacher a gift so that he or she will not give you homework.) don't even try it! If the sight of your homework makes you want to puke,let your teacher know,Say"sir y or M'aam i'm going to throw up all over this homework because i dont understand it. I feel green. I have a headache,and I'm afraid I'm going to fail. I need some help.Please'

Image Image

Believe it nor not,most teachers will not yell at you,or make you feel stupid. Your teacher will help you. That's why your teacher is there. and noo your teacher will not believe the toilet ate your homework. and your teacher will not believe the dog at your homework either.dogs do not eat homework they eat,dog stuff lmao, a dog will throw up if it tries to eat any type of homework,especially if its a science project.

Turn your homework into a good habit,like brushing your teeth,make it become second nature like breathing,soon you wont even know your doing it.

Secret advice : Reading makes homework a lot easier to do. The more you read,the better you'll understand things. It's quite amazing.Without even knowing it,you'll get smarter. It will help you learn about life,as you take what you read from the book,and will help you in life. Reading opens your mind,like a key opens a lock.its automatic. For practice read anything and everything,great literature,poems,novels,nonfiction,plays,short stories,mysteries,magazines,newspapers,journals,maps,comic
books,roadsigns,billboards,cereal boxes,the list goes on and on.
you should always do some light reading,summer reading they are lists even for what your reading level should be,at a certain age,it think it goes by grade,so ask your teacher "what are good reads for your grade."and if you don't like reading,this probably because you lack in interest,or cant read or comprehend much of it,i will further discuss this matter later on throughout my guides, me personally i am an avid reader so I'm reading at second year university level and that's a challenge to me

WARNING! homework has serious side effects. You might become smart and successful if you do all your homework. Always strive to something better,as a model seriously PEOPLE make up reasons to practically hate you,my goal is life? is to be one of the smartest girls in the world,who can make a difference change the world one day,my role model? Albert Einstein,he used his brain to his full potential,and had faith all around him
and Fernando Torres,he just seems like an all round wise player, i love him

You'll not only feel relieved when you complete your homework,but you'll also feel proud. Being proud of what you do boosts your self esteem,so doing a good job on your homework can actually make you feel great about your accomplishments and yourself all at the same time.

QUICK REMINDERS

• Do your homework in the same place very time. Make sure its quiet place with the TV off
• Eat a meal or light snack before doing your homework
• Do the hardest assignment first
• Find a homework helper if you need one. This can be a good friend, a classmate, or a parent. ( your goldfish cannot be a homework helper, unless you make it into sushi that is,
• Ask your teacher for help when you need it (TIP: do this whil your still at school desperately telephoning your teacher at midnight is not a good idea)
• Ask your family to respect your homework time. If you want put a “do not disturb” sign on your door,(or on your forehead)
• Take little breaks during your homework time. Stand up and stretch, get a drink of water or an energizing snack or do ten jumping jacks, whatever keeps you going, and if you cant concentrate, its good to run before you study.

FIVE HOMEWORK GRIPES (AND WHAT DO ABOUT ‘EM!)

1. “I DON’T HAVE TIME” – HELLO (make time, remember this: homework is not optional)
2. “ I don’t understand it"- (ask your teacher for help before the school day is over. Do all the parts you can do, then figure out where you’re stuck. At home do not be afraid to ask an adult or your older bro or sister, or phone up a friend, or even go online, but that’s if you really need it. Don’t get distracted now.
3. “I can’t ever finish it’ (or follow through, I have the same problem at times.) find out why are you distracted? Are you having trouble in a certain subject? Ask your teacher or a parent for some advice about managing you time.
4. “I have too much homework” (organize yourself. Make a homework schedule that says what you’ll do and when you’ll do it. Use a calendar to remind yourself of short-term and long-term assignments. Do not procrastinate! Ask your teacher to give you advance notice of upcoming projects so you can get an early start.
5. “I forget to bring all my books home” (remind yourself each day before you leave school do a “backpack check”. Do you have everything you need? Write little reminders to yourself on your note books, in your locker, on your hand-whatever works for you.)
6. The nicest thing about doing your homework is…the feeling when you get it DOOOOONE and over with.

Doing your homework to the best of your ability will one day help you reach as high as you can reach and go as far as you want to go!

based on a book,and my own input
"How to do your homework" by Trevor Romain
Last edited by BuzzingBee on 03 Aug 2009, 02:08, edited 2 times in total.
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

These guides are amazing! My fave is 4x4=truck! Love it.

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Nice guide! To all the homework-haters out there! ;)

scottS4
Veteran Member

hey i have this book

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

I'm gonna have to definitely save this guide, especially when college starts. God help me. But then again, it's college, doubt homework is like highschool stuff.

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

Zlatan5 wrote:I'm gonna have to definitely save this guide, especially when college starts. God help me. But then again, it's college, doubt homework is like highschool stuff.
my dads a professor,if you have any questions just ask me
plus hes been to soo many seminars and conferences,so i know some of the authors and picked up on great info,no worries.
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Zlatan5 wrote:I'm gonna have to definitely save this guide, especially when college starts. God help me. But then again, it's college, doubt homework is like highschool stuff.
Some classes you may not even have homework. I had a few classes where all your grades came from the tests. Especially in my science classes. Your grade was based on lecture and lab tests.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:
Some classes you may not even have homework. I had a few classes where all your grades came from the tests. Especially in my science classes. Your grade was based on lecture and lab tests.
Yeah same here. You need to attend class and pay attention as well as take notes during class. Also you need to make sure you read the textbook and do practice problems.

Great guide BB! Your posts have been really helpful.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

I'm going to community college for two years then hopefully transferring to UC Irvine or USC. I'm going to either enter Pre-med or Pre-Dental. Depends. This first semester, I want to say I have an easy schedule, but unfortunately it's not. Taking Trig, Psych 3A, and Chem. Chem class is a doozy. And I need to hopefully work out a plan to get a job.

Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

You sure do put a lot of effort into these guides but they are great!
Well done :-D
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)

NewBornProdigy
Admin

WOAH you have another even bigger one!
This explains being distracted :D

I like these types of guides, nothing to do with footie, which the forum has very few of

Top job BB

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Zlatan5 wrote:I'm going to community college for two years then hopefully transferring to UC Irvine or USC. I'm going to either enter Pre-med or Pre-Dental. Depends. This first semester, I want to say I have an easy schedule, but unfortunately it's not. Taking Trig, Psych 3A, and Chem. Chem class is a doozy. And I need to hopefully work out a plan to get a job.
Wow. Please try to look for a job on campus. They will limit you to about 20 hours a week, any more,especially with that class load is going to be tough. Get a tutor right away if you need one, don't wait until your too far behind.

If you manage your time you can do it. I'm doing Anatomy and Physiology this summer, thankfully it isn't a shortened summer session, its the full 10 weeks but its still hard. I seriously study like crazy for the whole week before the tests. It consumes my life. 2 more tests to go. I start studying again for the next test later on today.

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

scottS4 wrote:hey i have this book
I got it at a young age,gift from my dad,use it,its great,plus i put my own addition information+pictures.

BuzzingBee's at it again

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:
Zlatan5 wrote:I'm going to community college for two years then hopefully transferring to UC Irvine or USC. I'm going to either enter Pre-med or Pre-Dental. Depends. This first semester, I want to say I have an easy schedule, but unfortunately it's not. Taking Trig, Psych 3A, and Chem. Chem class is a doozy. And I need to hopefully work out a plan to get a job.
Wow. Please try to look for a job on campus. They will limit you to about 20 hours a week, any more,especially with that class load is going to be tough. Get a tutor right away if you need one, don't wait until your too far behind.

If you manage your time you can do it. I'm doing Anatomy and Physiology this summer, thankfully it isn't a shortened summer session, its the full 10 weeks but its still hard. I seriously study like crazy for the whole week before the tests. It consumes my life. 2 more tests to go. I start studying again for the next test later on today.
AFC08 you can do it babe!

BuzzingBee's at it again

avipbn

I have horrible homework habits and I'm going to grade 12, I'm lucky enough to have a decent average? Its it to late for me BuzzingBee!!!?!??!?!