Strange Situations That Somehow Found You Playing Soccer.

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Anyone can play soccer on a pitch, but I'm sure all of us, at sometime or another have played soccer in an nontraditional setting. Where do you sometimes find yourself playing soccer that is peculiar?

Myself, we play a game of soccer at my Judo club every Saturday in the small combatives room there. There are allowed to be Judo throws instead of tackles, so it's great. Combining small side, small area soccer games with martial arts techniques. Also, the ceiling is very low and full of exposed fluorescent track lights... I have accidentally broken many. :p

In one of my many travels to St. Pierre and Miquelon (Small, French owned islands just south of my home, the isle of Newfoundland. :p ), I was stopped midday by some French youths who saw me wearing my Chelsea kit, and challenged me to a game on the cobbles in a very narrow alley. It was great fun, but very hard to 'break loose' to score! :p

In a space in the crowd at a Bryan Adams concert. Ya heard me. ;\ He came and played at Quidi Vidi Lake here. Google the place, it's pretty huge. It was an outdoor free concert, and I got a game of soccer going. ;\

Any interesting stories from you guys?

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Whenever my team is flying anywhere we always bust out a game in the airport.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

i dont know about you guys but when i go on vacation to a beach i love playing beach soccer..........
sig by 2brown347

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Me and my cousin randomly started freestyling in my kitchen once.

Also, me and a bunch of friends did keep ups with a ball outside a concert because we didn't have a hacky sack.

Hugh
Veteran Member

juggling with my friend ariel and trying to play hits in an elevator has to be the weirdest place for me...

scottS4
Veteran Member

rome-leader, you live in newfoundland? i lived there for 6 years when i was little.

anyways...

me and my friend went to a beach with my family one time and played with some cameroonians for like 3 hrs,

we played/juggled in the airport waiting for the plane, just like john bob

took a ball out of the box at canadian tire and ran around the store kicking it until they told ust to stop.

played a big game on this sandy road at my grandmas cabin. must have been 20 players and we didnt know any of them came out to play.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

My roommate and I were getting bored (just moved in and didn't have a soccer/tennis ball yet), so we decided to play soccer. We took a 2-3 plastic bags and made a mini soccer ball out of them by taping them together.

Another one, didn't have a soccer ball one day at school during our lunch hour. We used a plastic bottle for a ball =D

Anymi
Veteran Member

when i was about 14 i was on holidays. Igot all the socks I brought and made a ball out of socks like (im pretty sure) Pele used too.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

On a basketball court with a basket ball (using the poles as goals)
It actually amazing fun almost better than 5 a side because none has to go in goal, we grab a football some days and head down and play 'poles'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

scottS4 wrote:rome-leader, you live in newfoundland? i lived there for 6 years when i was little.

anyways...

me and my friend went to a beach with my family one time and played with some cameroonians for like 3 hrs,

we played/juggled in the airport waiting for the plane, just like john bob

took a ball out of the box at canadian tire and ran around the store kicking it until they told ust to stop.

played a big game on this sandy road at my grandmas cabin. must have been 20 players and we didnt know any of them came out to play.
Yep, I am!

I hope that wasn't an NL beach, with rocks and sh*t. :p Lmao, Canadian Tire is the sh*t! I know some b'ys who work at the one near me, they would probably let me do that. :p

Jeez NBP, didn't you break your ankle on the ball? :p

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Well getting hit by the ball was a million times more painful than standing on it lol

bsc
Veteran Member

Hugh that's where I played too!

On a cruise line I played some soccer in an elevator with my brother. Since during the day most people don't really need to use the elevator (it was in a weird place compared to the other elevators) we could just go up and down juggling and freestyling. It was the safest place to play without losing the ball in the ocean or making noise outside people's rooms from the hallway. Eventually they did get a complaint and a worker of the cruise ship went to get us, but he was a really cool guy who ran the 24 hour pizza and was from New Zealand. He played with us for a half hour before making us stop.

and Rome_Leader, this sounds like a topic from Danny Baker's 606 (anyone listen to that show?)
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Haha, bsc that reminds me of when my cousins went skateboarding with some guys outside a mall once. They told me a security guard came, and asked if he could see their board for a second, did a boardslide down a huge rail and then told them they could stay there for another half hour and then they had to go. :p

I have not heard it. Radio show, is it?

bsc
Veteran Member

Yeah man, and a podcast! lol check it out, just search 606 football on itunes and only download the podcast with Danny Baker. it's fantastic :D
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

soccermatt

we used to have a hangout in my garage, we had old carpet set down in there and half of it was turned into a 1 v 1 indoor soccer field =p ive also had a full out game of soccer, 11v11, this was inside a hotel common area, we were like playing around chairs and stuff, it was tight.....pretty sure i win =p