The hiphop/rap thread!!

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
mint
EF Drug Baron

The hiphop/rap thread!!

Post by mint » 07 Apr 2009, 21:26

whos your favourite rappers then?

I like:

snoop dogg
50 Cent
Eminem (his old music)
Notorious BIG
Wu Tang Clan

List can go on

The Metal Thread
The Pop Thread
The Electronica Thread
The Rock Thread
i was made to ignite

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 07 Apr 2009, 22:03

Blue Scholars and Common Market are two good groups out of Seattle that I highly recommend.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 07 Apr 2009, 22:24

I listen to a bit of rap, and from my limited knowledge, heres a few good artists and songs i know off

A few Artists/Albums I'd Recommend

Slim Shady LP - Eminem
Eminem Show - Eminem
Get Rich or Die Trying - 50 Cent
2001 - Dr Dre
Any Album by Tupac
Any Album by Nas (Illmatic and Stillmatic advisable)
R&G (Rythm and Gangster) - Snopp Dogg

And some highly advisable grade A songs

Shook Ones Part II - Mobb Deep (fu**ing Brilliant)
Nutcraka - Lunaman (A sick sick beat)
'Till I Collapse - Eminem
Window Shopper - 50 Cent
Stan - Eminem feat Dido (feat Elton Jhon version is better)
All Eyes On Me - Tupac
Brain Damage - Eminem
I'm Back - Eminem
Gin & Juice - Snoop Dogg
This Is How We Do - Eazy E
Insane In The Membrane - Cypress Hill
Lowrider - Cypress Hill
Where The Hood At? - DMX
When It Rains It Pours - 50 Cent
G-Code - Geto Boys (brill beat in this song)
Roses - Outkast
Still Dre - Dr Dre
Fight Music - D12

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 08 Apr 2009, 00:15

Ok I like some rap music too, not just metal :P

Some of my favorite hip hop albums:

God Loves Ugly - Atmosphere
You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having - Atmosphere
When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That sh*t Gold - Atmosphere
2001 - Dr Dre
The Chronic - Dr Dre
Illmatic - Nas
Stillmatic - Nas
Street's Disciple - Nas
Straight Outta Compton - NWA
Untitled - Nas
The Cool - Lupe Fiasco
Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 08 Apr 2009, 00:56

Croatian, why would you recommend Street's Disciple but not Hip Hop is Dead, God's Son, or It Was Written. I honestly thought Street's Disciple was garbage as half the songs were a waste of space (well that's true about most double albums, so basically I hate double albums)

But I gotta give you props for listening to Atmosphere, they are brilliant yet no one knows of them.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 08 Apr 2009, 01:00

John_Bob wrote:Croatian, why would you recommend Street's Disciple but not Hip Hop is Dead, God's Son, or It Was Written. I honestly thought Street's Disciple was garbage as half the songs were a waste of space (well that's true about most double albums, so basically I hate double albums)

But I gotta give you props for listening to Atmosphere, they are brilliant yet no one knows of them.
Crap, I meant to say that those were the albums that I own. Its not that I recommend them all. My bad.

But I didn't think that Street's Disciple was that bad. I want to get It Was Written but I don't care too much for God's Son or Hip Hop is Dead.

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 08 Apr 2009, 01:04

Croatianblood1 wrote:
John_Bob wrote:Croatian, why would you recommend Street's Disciple but not Hip Hop is Dead, God's Son, or It Was Written. I honestly thought Street's Disciple was garbage as half the songs were a waste of space (well that's true about most double albums, so basically I hate double albums)

Crap, I meant to say that those were the albums that I own. Its not that I recommend them all. My bad.

But I didn't think that Street's Disciple was that bad. I want to get It Was Written but I don't care too much for God's Son or Hip Hop is Dead.
Yeah Street's Disciple could have been a classic if it cut out the crap but there is just way too much filler for the good stuff to shine. God's Son is probably my favorite Nas album just cause of all the emotion he put into it (Yes I am an emotional baby) but I know a lot of people hate it for some reason.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 08 Apr 2009, 01:07

John_Bob wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:

Yeah Street's Disciple could have been a classic if it cut out the crap but there is just way too much filler for the good stuff to shine. God's Son is probably my favorite Nas album just cause of all the emotion he put into it (Yes I am an emotional baby) but I know a lot of people hate it for some reason.
Yeah he definitely put the most emotion into God's Son. But my favorite has to be Illmatic. Its perfect from beginning to end. My favorite song is probably The World is Yours or either NY State of Mind

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 08 Apr 2009, 01:11

Croatianblood1 wrote:
John_Bob wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote: Crap, I meant to say that those were the albums that I own. Its not that I recommend them all. My bad.

Yeah he definitely put the most emotion into God's Son. But my favorite has to be Illmatic. Its perfect from beginning to end. My favorite song is probably The World is Yours or either NY State of Mind
Illmatic is awesome too and to think he was only 19-20 when he recorded it, man's a genius.

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

Post by flyhigh19 » 08 Apr 2009, 03:55

My favorite rap group would have to be Army of the Pharaohs. They are simply amazing in every aspect. They are true hip hop. Some songs I would recommend are Seven, Battle Cry, Gun Ballad, Swords Drawn, Don't Cry. The list goes on.

I would also recommend Jedi Mind Tricks (leader Vinnie Paz also started Army of the Pharaohs). Razorblade Salvation, When all Light Dies, and I Against I are some songs I recommend from them.

Other artists I like are Nas, AZ, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Fort Minor, and pretty much anything produced by DJ Premier. The only "popular" artist I kind of like is The Game. I'm not a fan of mainstream stuff, in fact I hate all of it with a few exceptions.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 09 Apr 2009, 17:38

We Made You
Eminems new single... I like it, especially the hook its catchy

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 09 Apr 2009, 17:59

Yeah i heard it earlier on 4 music, its not bad.
i was made to ignite

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 09 Apr 2009, 18:49

NewBornProdigy wrote:We Made You
Eminems new single... I like it, especially the hook its catchy
It really funny but it sounds terrible in my opinion.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 10 Apr 2009, 02:20

It is a typical Eminem corny/funny single, now it is time for the real stuff to come out.

Dyme Def- Let it Be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SS0Qooilc8

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

Post by flyhigh19 » 10 Apr 2009, 06:19

Yeah I don't like any of that type of stuff (ex. Eminem's new single). I honestly think its stuff like that, that's killing hip hop. I like the "real" stuff, if you guys know what I mean. John_Bob, your song is pretty good.

Some good songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UFfTGs84T4
I Wonder- Reef the Lost Cause (AOTP Member)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHReQQnM ... re=related
Respiration- Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIBnCA5ZzSw
Ya Dayz r'#d- NYG'z (produced by DJ Premier)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLWCgyQS ... re=related
Don't Cry- AOTP

Just a taste, ha.