Snow Day!!!!!

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Woot snow day!!! We got about 5 inches of snow last night, add that to about the 1 inch we got a few days ago. We are under a winter storm warning until noon tomorrow.

My college was actually closed today which is cool. Being in college campuses really never close, at least not the big ones. My college is right smack in the middle of downtown so I'm sure that is why.

It doesn't really matter though because this quarter i'm taking my classes online LOL but it's still nice to say I have a snow day. I think I may take the day off and go sledding or build a snowman.

The forecast is saying we could get a total of 10 inches of snow.

mint
EF Drug Baron

I wish wed get some snow over here, i havent seen it snow yet, its tried to but its never developed into anything only the tiniest bit, its always wind and rain atm here in england lol, but theres still time winter isn't over yet.
i was made to ignite

soccer11
Admin

ha your schools soft :P seriously though, we've had about 8 inches of snowfall before and it didn't close. Us tough Michiganders don't close school often.

2brown347
Veteran Member

The entire week before christmas break we didn't have school because they thought it was gonna snow heavy, but it never did. Then on the first day of break the snow started. We had 18-24 inches within a couple days and since no one in Oregon has the brains to handle snow everyone was either freaking out, or staying home. It sucked. It wasn't even good snow, it was dry so you couldn't even make snow balls and it froze over everynight so even sleding was hard.

It's snowing right now too, but very lightly.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:ha your schools soft :P seriously though, we've had about 8 inches of snowfall before and it didn't close. Us tough Michiganders don't close school often.
Yeah it's weird, it rarely ever happens. This is only the 2nd time it has happened. I was surprised it was closed. The first time it was closed we had a foot of snow, which is a lot for here. I live in central ohio and we usually only see less than 3 inches. Now up north towards Toledo they usually get a lot. It doesn't really affect me though, my classes this quarter are online so I can still do my work.

Now the high schools,etc will close for barely anything. When I was there we almost never closed. But now since I left we've had huge funding problems, they will close or delay like crazy. There always having 2 hour delays and sh*t. I never had a 2 hour delay. Ok well I did once, it was still a 1 hour delay when I left my house, but when I got to school it had been changed to a 2 hour delay :o I wasn't very happy.

There is also some huge salt shortage. I don't think they are even treating the roads.

We have about 5 inches right now. We are supposed to get another 2 inches today, and 6 inches overnight.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

I live in Buffalo so snow is a norm here. I go to a University so it is never closed, no matter how much snow there is.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:I live in Buffalo so snow is a norm here. I go to a University so it is never closed, no matter how much snow there is.
Yeah I think states or cities that are used to the snow don't close, because they know how to handle it and are prepared.

We are supposed to get hit again. Good thing I don't have to go anywhere, went to the grocery last night, it was packed, like crazy packed, i'd never seen it so crowded.

neoExodus

If my old school had even 3 inches of snow the buildings would fall apart, and im not joking. Lol

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

I got a snow day today to and we only got like 2 inches. Yeah but two weeks ago i got off school and it didn't even snow at all it was the wierdest thing ever

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Now they are saying we could get 11 inches of additional snow!! Wow.

mint
EF Drug Baron

LOL im moving to where you live because i want to see some snow lol.
i was made to ignite

Hugh
Veteran Member

We've currently got about a foot lying around where it hasn't been cleared yet. We're due for some more pretty soon, around february we should be up to about 2.

Canada FTW

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Five inches, peh. I don't get out for less then 10. Also, damn your imperial measurement! :p That's Newfoundland, for ya. One of only several places in Canada where you can be in the car with, say grandma, speeding through snowdrifts and not have a care in the world.

Might also have something to do with the fact that I consider 'traffic' ten cars at a stoplight in a row.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

It's still snowing, well now its more of sleet/mix of snow and ice. Some places are without power because they got a ton of ice. I hope we don't get that. We had a major wind storm a few months ago that knocked out the power for 5 days, still had to go to school though, stupid generators.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

I remember back in 2001 when we had record snowfall of 7 feet in just one night! Yeah, I was in 7th grade and we had a whole week off from school.

Buffalo FTW.