Do you want to live forever?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Rocky
Veteran Member

This morning I turned on my TV and some guy was talking about that living forever is possible. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't get to see it all, but one thing I remember was that he was saying that science has found a way to live longer by injecting a sprout/taking pills that will give you new cells and make your skin look younger etc (something like that maybe I heard wrong).... And then I googled it, and I found this:

http://www.viewzone.com/aging.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4809992.stm

Do you think this is possible?

And would you want to live forever?
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

avipbn

I wouldn't want to live forever. Noway. With the direction that the world is going about the resource expectations, it would be hell. On top of that to get your cells to become new must take alot of time out of your already unlimited life. And and and and the fact of heartbreak and stuff, its deep man, really deep.

Opinion : No, Wouldn't want to live forever.

soccer11
Admin

I think I would actually. Yes, there'd be a downside but there's plenty of positives. No matter what, you can always make something of yourself. No matter how bad it gets, you have forever to make it better. i don't know, I think I would enjoy it. [/i]

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

this kinda stupid, but if i could live to be 1000 or whatever and still be physically AND mentally healthy then yeah i would want to live longer....
some people dont always do everything they set out to in their short lives so by making it longer you would hopefully accomplish more................
sig by 2brown347

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

I think ultimately as a race and society we would advance leaps and bounds if we lived longer (say on average 150-200 years). I think we would be much more tolerant with each other and we could gain a better understanding of the world.

Living forever is stupid though, and impossible with current technology. Eventually you're brain will stop working, and you can't transplant your brain.

mint
EF Drug Baron

i think its impossible to live forever and i wouldn't want too there are downsides to living forever. just think of all the people you love they would die and you would just keep going and it would probably drive you mad, obviously there would be good points to this but there is a reason that everything dies eventually, its the circle of life and thats just how it is and you could still die even if you could live forever you could have a bad accident or something, plus if everyone lived forever the planet would soon become overcrowded probably.
i was made to ignite

NewBornProdigy
Admin

In the world I see... whats beautiful about life, is it only happens once.
You might only get one chance, only one lifetime.
Living to 150 would be good, it would give people more time to mature and be tolerant. But a life of constant repetition and immortality ain't the one for me.

Things like this are for people who can't face death, death IS inevitable, death and decay are a part of life... If a person cannot learn to accept, not fear, that someday their gonna die, they will never appreciate life. If you are trapped in a consatnt mental state where your worrying you will die without medical help, what mental freedom will you ever have? what would you do when all crashes down around you? your children die? grandchildren? when you don't have enough money to pay for your medicne over your family?
Freedom to live forever will be overuled by your mental imprisonment of Fear

What's the point in living, when you can't feel alive?

I'd rather live the lifetime I have to the full and die happy
The live seven in constant fear and die lonley and scared

Nothing lasts forever, why should you?

Thats just me, and I could be wrong, but what would happen if you got AIDS or shot or hit by a bus???

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

iwannagopro wrote:I think ultimately as a race and society we would advance leaps and bounds if we lived longer (say on average 150-200 years). I think we would be much more tolerant with each other and we could gain a better understanding of the world.

Living forever is stupid though, and impossible with current technology. Eventually you're brain will stop working, and you can't transplant your brain.
I don't know man. The way the world is today, I only see it getting worse. Anyway nobody will get the chance to live forever because we will all end up blowing each other up until there is no life left on Earth. The future of our world seems bleak in my view.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:
iwannagopro wrote:I think ultimately as a race and society we would advance leaps and bounds if we lived longer (say on average 150-200 years). I think we would be much more tolerant with each other and we could gain a better understanding of the world.

I don't know man. The way the world is today, I only see it getting worse. Anyway nobody will get the chance to live forever because we will all end up blowing each other up until there is no life left on Earth. The future of our world seems bleak in my view.
Yeah, I don't think it's going to be long before game over..

I wouldn't mind living forever though.
Made by 2Brown.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I wouldn't mind being able to live forever or at least a lot longer at all. Actually I'd love it, expecially if specific people got to enjoy it as well. That being said I think a technology like that would end up being the end of man kind. The human population is already getting to large, and that comes down to two things:

1. People living longer
2. People always having kids, which more live longer and have more babies.

A long time ago parents might have 8 kids but 1 or 2 might go on to have kids themselves and most of their kids would live longer.

I'd love to live longer, but I don't really think it'd be for the greater good if everyone could